Welcome back!

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Rian

Re: Welcome back!

Post by Rian » Mon May 28, 2018 1:54 am

Hello recursion! As a computer scientist/engineer, I'm well aware of recursion :D Why did you pick that name?

captain howdy

Post by captain howdy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:53 am

Emery wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:39 pm
Rumors of our demise have been slightly exaggerated. Actually, the old forum did die. Unfortunately, by the time I figured out it was due to a corrupt database, the backup had been overwritten. Sincere apologies. That shouldn't ever happen again.

In other news, Scott and I are back, at least in episode 131. I hope to post new episodes with Scott and other Christians in the near future. Thanks to everyone who's stuck with this forum over all these years. Perhaps you can think of this new forum as the old forum having died and gone to heaven. Or hell. But, this time, it should last forever!
Thanks for bringing the forum back! I look forward to more interesting discussions with you guys.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:02 am

captain howdy wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:53 am
Emery wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:39 pm
Rumors of our demise have been slightly exaggerated. Actually, the old forum did die. Unfortunately, by the time I figured out it was due to a corrupt database, the backup had been overwritten. Sincere apologies. That shouldn't ever happen again.

In other news, Scott and I are back, at least in episode 131. I hope to post new episodes with Scott and other Christians in the near future. Thanks to everyone who's stuck with this forum over all these years. Perhaps you can think of this new forum as the old forum having died and gone to heaven. Or hell. But, this time, it should last forever!
Thanks for bringing the forum back! I look forward to more interesting discussions with you guys.
Hey Captain, good to see you again

captain howdy

Post by captain howdy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:13 am

Thanks, Chap! Hope you and yours are doing well. Looks like C&A 2.0 is starting to take off, which is great.

To any and all who don't know me from the previous forum, I'm captain howdy, atheist and all around barstool philosopher and good-natured inebriate, at your service.

Rian

Post by Rian » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:38 am

Hi Cap!! Good to see you!

captain howdy

Post by captain howdy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:52 am

Thanks Rian! How's everything with you? Hope you're feeling better! So---What do you think of the new forum?

SEG

Post by SEG » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:47 pm

captain howdy wrote:

G'day Captain, I was hoping you would have found us again! Good to see you back mate!
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

SEG

Post by SEG » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:51 pm

captain howdy wrote:

G'day Captain, I was hoping you would have found us again! Good to see you back mate! I have been a bit quiet lately as we are cruising up the inlets in Alaska. What have you been up to since the old forum crashed?
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

captain howdy

Post by captain howdy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:52 am

Yo searchengineguy! What's going on? Thanks for the shoutout! Did we lose a lot of our regulars in the transition?

SEG

Post by SEG » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:57 pm

captain howdy wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:52 am
Yo searchengineguy! What's going on? Thanks for the shoutout! Did we lose a lot of our regulars in the transition?
Not a lot, though the membership had shrunk anyway. Moonward and KTR still drop in occasionally, but Simplyme has gone. I got banned for a year in our own Australian atheist forum for calling out a few long-term members who were moderators. I prefer this one anyway, where you can speak your mind.