The Stupid Concept of Hell

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Post Reply
User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Chapabel » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:26 am

Humanguy wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:14 am
Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:48 am
Humanguy wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:35 am


What would you do to lead those 1.15 billion Hindus to Christ?
I would tell them that Jesus loves them so much that He died for their sins and all they have to do to avoid Hell is to recognize their need for salvation; accept Jesus’ sacrifice for those sins and ask Him for forgiveness. I would invite them to make Jesus the Lord and Savior of their lives.
You'd tell that to 1.15 billion people? How?
Through missionaries, internet, Bible distribution. If God called me to the mission field, then I’d go personally. In fact, I am in the beginning stages of planning a mission trip with a missionary next year to Central Asia for a couple of weeks. I don’t believe India is on the schedule though. And like I said I am in the early stages. Whether this trip actually comes to fruition or not remains to be seen.

Humanguy
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Humanguy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:29 am

Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:26 am
Humanguy wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:14 am
Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:48 am

I would tell them that Jesus loves them so much that He died for their sins and all they have to do to avoid Hell is to recognize their need for salvation; accept Jesus’ sacrifice for those sins and ask Him for forgiveness. I would invite them to make Jesus the Lord and Savior of their lives.
You'd tell that to 1.15 billion people? How?
Through missionaries, internet, Bible distribution. If God called me to the mission field, then I’d go personally. In fact, I am in the beginning stages of planning a mission trip with a missionary next year to Central Asia for a couple of weeks. I don’t believe India is on the schedule though. And like I said I am in the early stages. Whether this trip actually comes to fruition or not remains to be seen.
Well I'm sure they'll all be overjoyed to see you. Back to you, SEG.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by SEG » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:15 am

Chapabel wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:17 pm
SEG wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:41 pm
Chapabel wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:46 pm
Hell awaits those who refuse God's gracious and merciful gift of love.
Except if he were truly gracious and merciful, he would not have created Hell in the first place. He would not be brutally unforgiving and not allow his children serve the unjust eternal punishment for finite crimes. He chose to create this unmerciful place. I don't know how he got to be so callous, do you?
Hell wasn’t created for man. It was created for Satan and his angels. God is totally gracious and merciful. He will forgive everyone of everything if they will only ask. The problem is people either don’t want forgiveness or don’t think they need forgiveness. That isn’t God’s fault. None of God’s children go to Hell. Only Satans kids go to Hell. If you don’t want to go to Heaven, God will allow you to go to Hell.
How do you know that Hell wasn't created to later accommodate humans? Satans kids? It sounds like you are making this up as you go along. Who did Satan have sex with to have kids and where does it say anything like that in the Bible? Didn't your god have foreknowledge that most of his children would be tortured forever? If Hell wasn't created for man and he had no foreknowledge of it being used to torture humans, why a loving god allow his children to enter it under any circumstances? Wasn't he powerful enough to protect them at all costs?
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by SEG » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:18 am

Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:26 am
Humanguy wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:14 am
Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:48 am

I would tell them that Jesus loves them so much that He died for their sins and all they have to do to avoid Hell is to recognize their need for salvation; accept Jesus’ sacrifice for those sins and ask Him for forgiveness. I would invite them to make Jesus the Lord and Savior of their lives.
You'd tell that to 1.15 billion people? How?
Through missionaries, internet, Bible distribution. If God called me to the mission field, then I’d go personally. In fact, I am in the beginning stages of planning a mission trip with a missionary next year to Central Asia for a couple of weeks. I don’t believe India is on the schedule though. And like I said I am in the early stages. Whether this trip actually comes to fruition or not remains to be seen.
I hope it doesn't for the sake of rationalism.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Chapabel » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:21 am

SEG wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:15 am
How do you know that Hell wasn't created to later accommodate humans? Satans kids? It sounds like you are making this up as you go along. Who did Satan have sex with to have kids and where does it say anything like that in the Bible? Didn't your god have foreknowledge that most of his children would be tortured forever? If Hell wasn't created for man and he had no foreknowledge of it being used to torture humans, why a loving god allow his children to enter it under any circumstances? Wasn't he powerful enough to protect them at all costs?
Yes, Satans kids:
John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

God is powerful enough to protect everyone. The problem is not everyone wants to be protected. Like you apparently.

BTW, only those who believe in Christ Jesus are sons of God: John1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Claire
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Claire » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:26 am

Chapabel wrote:BTW, only those who believe in Christ Jesus are sons of God...
Ah, ah, ah. You mean only those who believe in Christ and share the same beliefs as you.
Chapabel wrote:In His omniscience, God knows who will and who will not receive His free gift of salvation that comes by faith in Jesus Christ. Those who are receptive to the Gospel, God will ensure they hear the message of Jesus' sacrificial death for their sins. That is the reason for missionaries. There is a perfect example in the book of Acts chapter 10 where the Roman centurion Cornelius, who had a desire to know the true God, was meet by Peter and was told the Gospel. Those who want to know the truth about God will have an opportunity to hear about Jesus.
In regards to Acts Chapter 10, the story of Peter and Cornelius, Chapabel misses the point behind it. At that time Peter was apprehensive about integrating Gentiles and Jews, and was worried about the religiosity of the gentiles, because they had not lived under Jewish laws or beliefs. And, many questions remained about how Christians should worship and express their beliefs. For example, were Christians supposed to keep kosher.

Cornelius, a Roman, was charitable, religious and God fearing, and appeared to have already been living as a Christian, but had not yet been baptized. The introduction between Peter and Cornelius was more about Peter finding reassurance from God about what to do specifically regarding Gentiles not having to take on Jewish customs in order to be seen as believers. And, that one does not have to be of Jewish heritage to become a Christian.
Chapabel wrote:
Humanguy wrote:And those who've never heard of of the gospel, what happens to them?
God has revealed Himself through creation. His handiwork is seen in the night sky as well as along the landscape of every county. Those who will reject the God of creation will also reject the Gospel. Paul wrote about this very thing: Romans 1:19-22 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools
Paul was addressing the Romans who were rejecting the gospel as it was preached by the Christian population there. It's not about people who have never heard of the gospel, reject the true God they've never heard of as the creator, thereby reject the gospel, and therefore become Hell bound.

In addition, in regards to those who've never heard the gospel, you say they can look upon creation, and if they don't acknowledge the True God as creator, then they're going to Hell. But, how would they know to call Him creator if they've never heard of Him? And, why would someone spend eternal life in Hell over not knowing who the creator is? Why would someone spend eternity in Hell for at least believing someone must have created the universe? Why would someone spend eternal life in Hell for attributing another god to the creation of the universe if that god(s) is all they were aware of? If someone isn't aware of the True God, but has sincere faith in a divine being they believe is the true one, despite being the incorrect one but not to their knowledge, and is living a charitable life, which The Lord commands and calls His will, why would God not have mercy on them?
Chapabel wrote:Anyone going to Hell is the saddest thing ever. The thought of anyone going to Hell breaks my heart. That’s why it infuriates me when people teach false doctrines that lead others to Hell. You call my attitude chauvinistic, when in reality I am passionate about seeing people saved and false doctrines debunked. Nothing, I repeat, nothing is more satisfying and fulfilling than having a hand in leading others to Christ.
According to you anyone who doesn't adhere to the same doctrine as you is going to Hell. Think of all the souls who've fallen victim to your approach on spiritual matters, and because of it were turned off, and therefore either became or remained atheist, or part of another Christian denomination, or different religion altogether where they teach Hellish doctrine. How do you feel about being partially responsible for their becoming/remaining Hell bound by your influence?

A person of any religion, or of none at all, is capable of doing the will of God, which is to live a life of charity (John 13:34-35). And, those who do His will are born of Him, know Him, and shall enter Heaven (Matthew 7:21/1 John 4: 7–8).

✝️
Last edited by Claire on Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by SEG » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:21 am

BTW, only those who believe in Christ Jesus are sons of God: John1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
You are going straight to Naraka because of your heretical beliefs!

Yama's divine assistant Lord Chitragupta maintains a record of the individual deeds of every living being in the world, and based on the complete audit of his deeds, dispatches the soul of the deceased either to Svarga (Heaven) or to the various Narakas according to the nature of their sins. The scriptures describe that even people who have done a majority of good deeds could come to Yama Loka for redemption from the small sins they have committed, and once the punishments have been served for those sins they could be sent for rebirth to earth or to heaven.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Chapabel » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:42 pm

SEG wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:25 pm
Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:21 am

BTW, only those who believe in Christ Jesus are sons of God: John1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
You are going straight to Naraka because of your heretical beliefs!

Yama's divine assistant Lord Chitragupta maintains a record of the individual deeds of every living being in the world, and based on the complete audit of his deeds, dispatches the soul of the deceased either to Svarga (Heaven) or to the various Narakas according to the nature of their sins. The scriptures describe that even people who have done a majority of good deeds could come to Yama Loka for redemption from the small sins they have committed, and once the punishments have been served for those sins they could be sent for rebirth to earth or to heaven.
Well Partner, if that's what you want to believe all I can say is good luck with that.

Humanguy
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 pm

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Humanguy » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:16 am

Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:21 am

God is powerful enough to protect everyone. The problem is not everyone wants to be protected. Like you apparently.
Why is that a problem? Is It God's problem, or is it your problem? Can you explain what the problem is?

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by SEG » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:19 am

Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:42 pm
SEG wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:25 pm
Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:21 am

BTW, only those who believe in Christ Jesus are sons of God: John1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
You are going straight to Naraka because of your heretical beliefs!

Yama's divine assistant Lord Chitragupta maintains a record of the individual deeds of every living being in the world, and based on the complete audit of his deeds, dispatches the soul of the deceased either to Svarga (Heaven) or to the various Narakas according to the nature of their sins. The scriptures describe that even people who have done a majority of good deeds could come to Yama Loka for redemption from the small sins they have committed, and once the punishments have been served for those sins they could be sent for rebirth to earth or to heaven.
Well Partner, if that's what you want to believe all I can say is good luck with that.
Ditto. Both places are fictional and are of no concern except to people like you. The only suffering going on is that that both suffer from an extreme lack of evidence.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Post Reply