The Stupid Concept of Hell

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Chapabel

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Chapabel » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:03 pm

Humanguy wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:16 am
Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:21 am

God is powerful enough to protect everyone. The problem is not everyone wants to be protected. Like you apparently.
Why is that a problem? Is It God's problem, or is it your problem? Can you explain what the problem is?
Wouldn't you consider spending eternity in Hell a problem?

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:08 pm

SEG wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:19 am
Chapabel wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:42 pm
Well Partner, if that's what you want to believe all I can say is good luck with that.
Ditto. Both places are fictional and are of no concern except to people like you. The only suffering going on is that that both suffer from an extreme lack of evidence.
And you have empirical evidence that Hell is fictional? You can prove beyond a shadow of doubt that Hell doesn't exist? Of course not. Whether you accept it or not, the fact is you have just as much faith as I do. It's just that our faiths are on differing views. Here's the rub though...if I'm right in the end, you will know it. But, if you're right, I will never be aware of it. So your position will be never be proven.

SEG

Post by SEG » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:08 pm
And you have empirical evidence that Hell is fictional?
I don't need empirical evidence to work out whether phoney stories like Hell, Sheol,Naraka and even the terrible Angra Mainyu (who is supposed to be precursor to your devil) come from the minds of frightened, superstitious men like you. I grew up and read how religions and myths evolved. I reject stories full of fantasy quite easily and so should you.
Here's the rub though...if I'm right in the end, you will know it. But, if you're right, I will never be aware of it. So your position will be never be proven.
Like all things that live, all will die and never be aware of it.

Because they are ··· guess what? Fucking dead! Merry Xmas Chappy. I hope you get a big box of rational Kool Aid.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:02 am

SEG wrote:Both places are fictional...
SEG wrote:I reject stories full of fantasy quite easily...
SEG wrote:Like all things that live, all will die and never be aware of it.
You place faith in yourself and others who conclude God, satan, Heaven, Hell, eternal life, etc, are fictional. Is that the same as choosing to reject God and accept satan? No.

See a person of any religion, or of none at all, is capable of doing the will of God, which is to live a life of charity (John 13:34-35). And, those who do His will are born of Him, know Him, and shall enter Heaven (Matthew 7:21/1 John 4: 7). Those who don't live a life of charity don't know God, for He is charity (1 John 4:7). So, to reject God is to reject living a life of charity, and therefore chooses to continue spending eternal life without God.

Do you choose a life of love over hate? Good over evil?

SEG

Post by SEG » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:55 am

Claire wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:02 am
You place faith in yourself and others who conclude God, satan, Heaven, hell, eternal life, etc, are fictional.
Isn't that childish! I noticed that you don't use capitals (incorrectly) to refer to Hell and Satan as a proper nouns, yet you use capitals incorrectly to refer to your own god when saying Him or He. You own Bible doesn't do that, why do you? Have a look:
Matthew 4:1-11
1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.” 4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” 5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’ ” 7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’” 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” 10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” 11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.
As I explained previously to you, it has nothing to do with respect, but everything to do with using proper grammar! You are showing your ignorance of grammar and your own Bible every time you do this.

Regarding having faith in myself and others, that faith is based on evidence that I have experienced with my own senses and is backed up by numerous lines of verifiable evidence. There are no lines of verifiable lines of evidence for God, Satan, Heaven, Hell or eternal life. It is all about wishful thinking and trying to make others feel guilt and unworthiness.
Claire wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:02 am
Is that the same as choosing to reject God and accept satan?
I reject your conception of God and Satan as living beings, but accept them both as fictional beings that reside in your book and head.
No. To reject God is to reject living a life of charity. And, a person of any religion, or of none at all, is capable of doing the will of God, which is to live a life of charity (John 13:34-35). And, those who do His will are born of Him, know Him, and shall enter Heaven (Matthew 7:21/1 John 4: 7–8).
I live my life and I am charitable to others. That is what counts the most.
No, because they are nothing but platitudes. I live my life to enjoy it to the full, while trying to do minimal harm and help others the best ways I can. I don't need silly fictional characters to rule my life, and neither do you.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:42 am

Last edited by Claire on Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:02 am

SEG wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:07 pm
I don't need empirical evidence to work out whether phoney stories like Hell, Sheol,Naraka and even the terrible Angra Mainyu (who is supposed to be precursor to your devil) come from the minds of frightened, superstitious men like you. I grew up and read how religions and myths evolved. I reject stories full of fantasy quite easily and so should you.
Silence from evidence is not the same as evidence. There is evidence to support the Bible, but you reject all evidence presented. You have set yourself up as the supreme authority. In doing so you have severely handicapped yourself. Until you can present some sort of evidence that Hell does not exist, you are operating on faith, the same as I am.

Merry Christmas SEG

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:03 am

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:You place faith in yourself and others who conclude God, satan, Heaven, Hell, eternal life, etc, are fictional. Is that the same as choosing to reject God and accept satan? No.
Regarding having faith in myself and others, that faith is based on evidence that I have experienced with my own senses and is backed up by numerous lines of verifiable evidence. I reject your conception of God and Satan as living beings, but accept them both as fictional beings that reside in your book and head.
But, you take faith in what others have said/done, and what you believe to be true based on personal experience. And, believing God and satan are fictional is not the same as rejecting them in the way that would reveal where you continue to spend eternal life. To reject God, and therefore not be with Him in Heaven, is to reject living a life of charity here on Earth.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:See a person of any religion, or of none at all, is capable of doing the will of God, which is to live a life of charity (John 13:34-35). And, those who do His will are born of Him, know Him, and shall enter Heaven (Matthew 7:21/1 John 4: 7). Those who don't live a life of charity don't know God, for He is charity (1 John 4:7). So, to reject God is to reject living a life of charity, and therefore chooses to continue spending eternal life without God.

I live my life and I am charitable to others. That is what counts the most. No, because they are nothing but platitudes. I live my life to enjoy it to the full, while trying to do minimal harm and help others the best ways I can.
So, you choose to live a charitable life, which means you choose a life of love over hate, and good over evil. If you continue to do so, and have remorse/repent for when you feel you've thought or done something wrong, all with sincerity, you'll go to Heaven.

:]

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:07 am

So, you choose to live a charitable life, which means you choose a life of love over hate, and good over evil. If you continue to do so, and have remorse/repent for when you feel you've thought or done something wrong, all with sincerity, you'll go to Heaven.
This is a pure lie from the pits of Hell. Without accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, people go to Hell. Period. That is what Jesus, Himself, taught. Anyone who contradicts Jesus Christ is a putz.

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:07 am

Chapabel wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:I live my life and I am charitable to others. That is what counts the most. No, because they are nothing but platitudes. I live my life to enjoy it to the full, while trying to do minimal harm and help others the best ways I can.
This is a pure lie from the pits of Hell. Without accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, people go to Hell. Period. That is what Jesus, Himself, taught. Anyone who contradicts Jesus Christ is a putz.
God commands we live a life of charity (John 13:34-35), and a person of any religion, or of none at all, is capable of doing that. And, those who do His will, i.e live a life of charity, are born of Him, know Him, and shall enter Heaven (Matthew 7:21/1 John 4:7). Those who don't do His will don't know Him, for He is charity (1 John 4:7). Therefore, to reject living a life of charity is to reject God, for He is charity, hence they choose to continue spending eternal life without God (Matthew 25:45-46).

That's what Jesus, Himself, taught.