The Stupid Concept of Hell

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Chapabel

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Chapabel » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:07 am

Too often idiots post rubbish about the Bible because they are too stupid to properly interpret and apply its principles. For example some might take a verse or two totally out of context in an attempt to build a false premise. Take for instance John 13:34-35. The fool may take these verses and try to teach a false doctrine that suggests all a person has to do to enter Heaven is simply love others. The idiot would fail miserably, because they were too stupid to take the whole passage in consideration. The false teacher would be oblivious to the fact that Christ was talking to His disciples after Judas had left, meaning that Jesus was encouraging believers to love one another. He was not giving instructions for how lost people could be saved. The only lost person there at the last supper would have been Judas, and Jesus waited until he left before giving His instruction.

Let's look at another mistake imbeciles make in presenting false doctrine. In I John 4, John the Beloved makes it very clear who he is addressing. Three times in the chapter, John uses the word "Beloved" to identify who he was speaking to. In fact, this entire epistle is addressed to believers, not lost folks. John is not teaching that lost people can enter Heaven just because they love others. No, John was instructing and reminding believers to live in love. The dimwit who contradicts sound Biblical doctrine is actually described in the chapter:1 John 4:5-6 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

The twit is actually blinded to the fact that while they believe they are the true followers of Christ because they believe stupid poems and because they create their own precepts to follow, they fail to realize Jesus is actually speaking of them when He describes them in Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

So what is the will of God? It is plainly taught in the pages of Holy Writ:
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
John 6:28-29 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

In short God's will is for people to repent and believe in His Son Jesus Christ. The dunderhead is too obtuse to understand this simple concept.

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:05 am

Chapabel wrote:In His omniscience, God knows who will and who will not receive His free gift of salvation that comes by faith in Jesus Christ. Those who are receptive to the Gospel, God will ensure they hear the message of Jesus' sacrificial death for their sins. That is the reason for missionaries. There is a perfect example in the book of Acts chapter 10 where the Roman centurion Cornelius, who had a desire to know the true God, was meet by Peter and was told the Gospel. Those who want to know the truth about God will have an opportunity to hear about Jesus.
In regards to Acts Chapter 10, the story of Peter and Cornelius, Chapabel misses the point behind it. At that time Peter was apprehensive about integrating Gentiles and Jews, and was worried about the religiosity of the gentiles, because they had not lived under Jewish laws or beliefs. And, many questions remained about how Christians should worship and express their beliefs. For example, were Christians supposed to keep kosher.

Cornelius, a Roman, was charitable, religious and God fearing, and appeared to have already been living as a Christian, but had not yet been baptized. The introduction between Peter and Cornelius was more about Peter finding reassurance from God about what to do specifically regarding Gentiles not having to take on Jewish customs in order to be seen as believers. And, that one does not have to be of Jewish heritage to become a Christian.
Chapabel wrote:
Humanguy wrote:And those who've never heard of of the gospel, what happens to them?
God has revealed Himself through creation. His handiwork is seen in the night sky as well as along the landscape of every county. Those who will reject the God of creation will also reject the Gospel. Paul wrote about this very thing: Romans 1:19-22 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools
Paul was addressing the Romans who were rejecting the gospel as it was preached by the Christian population there. It's not about people who have never heard of the gospel, reject the true God they've never heard of as the creator, thereby reject the gospel, and therefore become Hell bound.
Chapabel wrote:
Claire wrote:God commands we live a life of charity (John 13:34-35), and a person of any religion, or of none at all, is capable of doing that. And, those who do His will, i.e live a life of charity, are born of Him, know Him, and shall enter Heaven (Matthew 7:21/1 John 4:7). Those who don't do His will don't know Him, for He is charity (1 John 4:7). Therefore, to reject living a life of charity is to reject God, for He is charity, hence they choose to continue spending eternal life without God (Matthew 25:45-46).

That's what Jesus, Himself, taught.
Too often idiots post rubbish about the Bible because they are too stupid to properly interpret and apply its principles. For example some might take a verse or two totally out of context in an attempt to build a false premise. Take for instance John 13:34-35. The fool may take these verses and try to teach a false doctrine that suggests all a person has to do to enter Heaven is simply love others. The idiot would fail miserably, because they were too stupid to take the whole passage in consideration. The false teacher would be oblivious to the fact that Christ was talking to His disciples after Judas had left, meaning that Jesus was encouraging believers to love one another. He was not giving instructions for how lost people could be saved. The only lost person there at the last supper would have been Judas, and Jesus waited until he left before giving His instruction.

Let's look at another mistake imbeciles make in presenting false doctrine. In I John 4, John the Beloved makes it very clear who he is addressing. Three times in the chapter, John uses the word "Beloved" to identify who he was speaking to. In fact, this entire epistle is addressed to believers, not lost folks. John is not teaching that lost people can enter Heaven just because they love others. No, John was instructing and reminding believers to live in love. The dimwit who contradicts sound Biblical doctrine is actually described in the chapter:1 John 4:5-6 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

The twit is actually blinded to the fact that while they believe they are the true followers of Christ because they believe stupid poems and because they create their own precepts to follow, they fail to realize Jesus is actually speaking of them when He describes them in Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

So what is the will of God? It is plainly taught in the pages of Holy Writ:
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
John 6:28-29 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

In short God's will is for people to repent and believe in His Son Jesus Christ. The dunderhead is too obtuse to understand this simple concept.
I never said the context of chapter John 13 was Jesus giving instructions for how lost people could be saved. I referenced one particular verse from it, and others from different chapters, because each supports/coincides with one another, as well as a larger point. I did that without having changed the context.

Whenever Jesus, or an apostle, talked specifically to believers it automatically means what was being spoken about is only for believers? That's desperate, unfounded support for your arguments against mine. In addition, Jesus, or any apostle, never explicitly, or implicitly, stated that certain teachings are only for believers. Nor that God only wants those who believe to live a life of charity...

Jesus's ministry only lasted a few years, so He could not personally minister to every person on Earth. He chose people who He commanded to spread His teachings across the planet. He did not want it to be like Judaism, where the message doesn't go beyond the borders of Israel, and is only for a few chosen people. Therefore, when Jesus preaches as it's recorded in the Bible, His intent is obviously to reach everyone. You need to stop using the Bible as if it's something set aside for the elect few who already believe, and start seeing it as a path to salvation for everyone. This should be fundamental to anybody's understanding of the Bible, what Jesus taught, and what His purpose to coming to Earth was. But, at the same time, I don't expect you to break free of the mind set you've had for a long time at the blink of an eye.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:58 pm

Apparently dunderheaded idiots have no problem being deceitful either. Why would anyone take what they say seriously? Case closed.

SEG

Post by SEG » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:10 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:58 pm
Apparently dunderheaded idiots have no problem being deceitful either. Why would anyone take what they say seriously? Case closed.
Look where you are going, lest you repent, Sinner:
Matthew 5:22 - "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:27 pm

SEG wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:10 pm
Chapabel wrote:
Matthew 5:22 - "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."
Chapabel assumes this teaching is only for those who are "brothers in Christ", and since according to him I'm not his brother in Christ, Matthew 5:22 doesn't apply to him.
Last edited by Claire on Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:31 pm

SEG wrote:
Chapabel wrote:
I'm going to Heaven. I am not angry with a brother. I'm disgusted with a phony heretic that continues to deceive people. A brother would know what they were doing was wrong and would accept correction.

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:42 pm

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Chapabel wrote:
Chapabel assumes this teaching is only for those who are "brothers in Christ", and since according to him I'm not his brother in Christ, Matthew 5:22 doesn't apply to him.
Chapabel may say I'm not a brother in Christ, but Jesus says;

"For whosoever shall do the will of God, he is my brother, and my sister, and mother" (Mark 3:35).
He's not talking biologically of course.

No one, except God, knows how I or anyone else has been living our lives up until this point, or how we will continue living our lives. Therefore, only God knows who is or isn't a true brother and sister in Christ, and that's human beings don't have the authority to tell someone whether they're going to Heaven or Hell. Our job is to not judge, and be charitable towards his brothers, meaning not just those who share our beliefs, but our fellow man.

Claire

Post by Claire » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:41 am

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:You place faith in yourself and others who conclude God, satan, Heaven, Hell, eternal life, etc, are fictional. Is that the same as choosing to reject God and accept satan? No.
Regarding having faith in myself and others, that faith is based on evidence that I have experienced with my own senses and is backed up by numerous lines of verifiable evidence. I reject your conception of God and Satan as living beings, but accept them both as fictional beings that reside in your book and head.
But, you take faith in what others have said/done, and what you believe to be true based on personal experience. And, believing God and satan are fictional is not the same as rejecting them in the way that would reveal where you continue to spend eternal life. To reject God, and therefore not be with Him in Heaven, is to reject living a life of charity here on Earth, for God is charity (John 4:7).
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:See a person of any religion, or of none at all, is capable of doing the will of God, which is to live a life of charity (John 13:34-35). And, those who do His will are born of Him, know Him, and shall enter Heaven (Matthew 7:21/1 John 4: 7). Those who don't live a life of charity don't know God, for He is charity (1 John 4:7). So, to reject God is to reject living a life of charity, and therefore chooses to continue spending eternal life without God.
I live my life and I am charitable to others. That is what counts the most.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Do you choose a life of love over hate? Good over evil?
No, because they are nothing but platitudes. I live my life to enjoy it to the full, while trying to do minimal harm and help others the best ways I can.
Well, because you choose to live a charitable life, that means you choose a life of love over hate, good over evil. If you continue to do so, and have remorse/repent for when you feel you've thought or done something wrong, all with sincerity, you'll go to Heaven.

:]

SEG

Post by SEG » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:13 am

Claire wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:41 am
Well, because you choose to live a charitable life, that means you choose a life of love over hate, good over evil. If you continue to do so, and have remorse/repent for when you feel you've thought or done something wrong, all with sincerity, you'll go to Heaven.

:]
One man's Heaven is another man's Hell. If I could go to what most Christians picture it as and be in the same condition as my mid twenties, life at first would be pretty cool. I would love to visit all my dead friends and family members, travel everywhere in the world read all the books I liked and become proficient at all the sports I like and learn musical instruments and even foreign languages. That would take perhaps 1,000 years. But then what?

When I get into my eighties and nineties, going to sleep forever would seem like a good idea. My Heaven would be joining the universe again when I became star dust again at last.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire

Post by Claire » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:36 am

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Well, because you choose to live a charitable life, that means you choose a life of love over hate, good over evil. If you continue to do so, and have remorse/repent for when you feel you've thought or done something wrong, all with sincerity, you'll go to Heaven.
One man's Heaven is another man's Hell.
If Heaven exists, which depictions of it do you believe to be likely and why?