The Stupid Concept of Hell

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Chapabel » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:23 pm

SEG wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:09 am

No, but what makes you think that we are different from every other thing alive on Earth? Bacterium and insects like ants are much more common than humans, and can live in many places were humans can't exist. Why do your think that your god prefers them and if so, why don't they get a crack at Heaven?
Because ants and bacteria are not created in the image and likeness of God. Jesus did not die to save them.

Claire
Posts: 1155
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Claire » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:19 am

Chapabel wrote:
SEG wrote:No, but what makes you think that we are different from every other thing alive on Earth? Bacterium and insects like ants are much more common than humans, and can live in many places were humans can't exist. Why do your think that your god prefers them and if so, why don't they get a crack at Heaven?
Because ants and bacteria are not created in the image and likeness of God. Jesus did not die to save them.
While that's true, animals are still His creations who He cares about as well, so of course they'd be in Heaven too. Consider the angels He created, Jesus didn't need to die for them either, yet they're in Heaven...

"And God created the great whales, and every living and moving creature, which the waters brought forth, according to their kinds, and every winged fowl according to its kind. And God saw that it was good". (Genesis 1:21)

"Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not you of much more value than they?" (Matthew 6:26-34)

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse..." (Revelation 19:11)

"And the armies that are in heaven followed him on white horses..." (Revelation 19:14)

"And as they went on, walking and talking together, behold a fiery chariot, and fiery horses parted them both asunder: and Elias went up by a whirlwind into heaven". (2 Kings 2:11)

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1869
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by SEG » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:38 am

Claire wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:19 am
Chapabel wrote:
SEG wrote:No, but what makes you think that we are different from every other thing alive on Earth? Bacterium and insects like ants are much more common than humans, and can live in many places were humans can't exist. Why do your think that your god prefers them and if so, why don't they get a crack at Heaven?
Because ants and bacteria are not created in the image and likeness of God. Jesus did not die to save them.
While that's true, animals are still His creations who He cares about as well, so of course they'd be in Heaven too. Consider the angels He created, Jesus didn't need to die for them either, yet they're in Heaven...

"And God created the great whales, and every living and moving creature, which the waters brought forth, according to their kinds, and every winged fowl according to its kind. And God saw that it was good". (Genesis 1:21)

"Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not you of much more value than they?" (Matthew 6:26-34)

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse..." (Revelation 19:11)

"And the armies that are in heaven followed him on white horses..." (Revelation 19:14)

"And as they went on, walking and talking together, behold a fiery chariot, and fiery horses parted them both asunder: and Elias went up by a whirlwind into heaven". (2 Kings 2:11)
How about fleas, pubic lice and worms in eyeballs that cause blindness in children? All the nasty parasites, they are God's creation too. Do they get a free ticket? Does God love cancerous cells too?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1155
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Claire » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:26 am

Claire wrote:
Chapabel wrote:
SEG wrote:No, but what makes you think that we are different from every other thing alive on Earth? Bacterium and insects like ants are much more common than humans, and can live in many places were humans can't exist. Why do your think that your god prefers them and if so, why don't they get a crack at Heaven?
Because ants and bacteria are not created in the image and likeness of God. Jesus did not die to save them.
While that's true, animals are still His creations who He cares about as well, so of course they'd be in Heaven too. Consider the angels He created, Jesus didn't need to die for them either, yet they're in Heaven...

"And God created the great whales, and every living and moving creature, which the waters brought forth, according to their kinds, and every winged fowl according to its kind. And God saw that it was good". (Genesis 1:21)

"Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not you of much more value than they?" (Matthew 6:26-34)

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse..." (Revelation 19:11)

"And the armies that are in heaven followed him on white horses..." (Revelation 19:14)

"And as they went on, walking and talking together, behold a fiery chariot, and fiery horses parted them both asunder: and Elias went up by a whirlwind into heaven". (2 Kings 2:11)
SEG wrote:How about fleas, pubic lice and worms in eyeballs that cause blindness in children? All the nasty parasites, they are God's creation too. Do they get a free ticket? Does God love cancerous cells too?
Will fleas, lice, and worms be in Heaven? I don't see why not. The fact human beings get themselves into situations, intentionally or not, here on Earth that cause them to contract fleas, lice, or eye parasites, and therefore the affects of that, doesn't mean that's what will take place in Heaven. And, cancer cells are mutated body cells with no disease.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1869
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by SEG » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:08 am

Claire wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:26 am
Claire wrote:
Chapabel wrote:
Because ants and bacteria are not created in the image and likeness of God. Jesus did not die to save them.
While that's true, animals are still His creations who He cares about as well, so of course they'd be in Heaven too. Consider the angels He created, Jesus didn't need to die for them either, yet they're in Heaven...

"And God created the great whales, and every living and moving creature, which the waters brought forth, according to their kinds, and every winged fowl according to its kind. And God saw that it was good". (Genesis 1:21)

"Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not you of much more value than they?" (Matthew 6:26-34)

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse..." (Revelation 19:11)

"And the armies that are in heaven followed him on white horses..." (Revelation 19:14)

"And as they went on, walking and talking together, behold a fiery chariot, and fiery horses parted them both asunder: and Elias went up by a whirlwind into heaven". (2 Kings 2:11)
SEG wrote:How about fleas, pubic lice and worms in eyeballs that cause blindness in children? All the nasty parasites, they are God's creation too. Do they get a free ticket? Does God love cancerous cells too?
Will fleas, lice, and worms be in Heaven? I don't see why not. The fact human beings get themselves into situations, intentionally or not, here on Earth that cause them to contract fleas, lice, or eye parasites, and therefore the affects of that, doesn't mean that's what will take place in Heaven. And, cancer cells are mutated body cells with no disease.
That would be because only the good fleas, pubic lice and worms in eyeballs go to Heaven, the evil ones go to Hell!
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1155
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: The Stupid Concept of Hell

Post by Claire » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:23 pm

Chapabel, you say animals won't be in Heaven because,
Jesus did not die to save them.
Yes, Jesus didn't need to save animals, and He didn't need to for angels either, yet angels are in Heaven. So, why wouldn't animals be?
[See also Revelation 19:11/Revelation 19:14]

Post Reply