More and better miracles than Jesus

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: More and better miracles than Jesus

Post by Claire » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:32 am

Chapabel wrote:
SEG wrote:According to one devotee:
He has just left his body. We know for a fact that his soul is very much present over here. His soul will remain in Puttaparthi for the next 10 years and then he will be reborn as Prema Sai Baba in Karnataka.There is no doubt about that,' he says.
Not only has he the power to resurrect others long dead, he can re-incarnate, which is obviously superior to ordinary resurrection. His powers are unlimited. Unlike Jesus, who cannot make a prison so secure that he can't escape from it.
:lol: :lol: Oh that's rich. You accept the unverified opinion of an unnamed "devotee" discovered on a personal blog, called "Sparkle's and Glitter's" but you reject the Bible. Holy cow SEG, you have much more faith than I do.
SEG doesn't accept any of it to be true. He's just relaying claims and testimonies regarding Sathya Sai Baba, and wondering why you don't place faith in them like you do Jesus and testimonies from other Christians.
Chapabel wrote:Tell me SEG, what has this Baba dude done since his death? He hasn't resurrected; he hasn't been reincarnated like he promised. Has anyone claimed to have seen him or talk to him? I mean someone with a little bit of credibility, not an unnamed source on a teenagers personal blog. What a way to get the New Year started. Thanks for the laugh SEG. Sparkle's and Glitter's. You need to let me know how following Baba works out for you in 2019. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, you say Jesus, who you believe has resurrected, doesn't even directly talk to anyone outside of those mentioned in the Bible. But, lets say He does directly speak to you, do you consider yourself a credible witness? If so, why? And, what would you say makes anyone else a credible witness?
Chapabel wrote:
SEG wrote:What makes you think JC is alive and well?
There were over 500 eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection. How many have claimed to have seen Baba?
Your argument is essentially that if you're the majority you're right. But, that's clearly not always the case in situations, so it's a rather weak one. And, no matter the number of witnesses to an event, you place faith in what others say about Jesus's resurrection, just as there's Hindus who place faith in what they're told about Baba. This goes back to my questions regarding credibility.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: More and better miracles than Jesus

Post by SEG » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:22 am

Chapabel wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:39 pm
SEG wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:49 pm
According to one devotee:
He has just left his body. We know for a fact that his soul is very much present over here. His soul will remain in Puttaparthi for the next 10 years and then he will be reborn as Prema Sai Baba in Karnataka.There is no doubt about that,' he says.
Not only has he the power to resurrect others long dead, he can re-incarnate, which is obviously superior to ordinary resurrection. His powers are unlimited. Unlike Jesus, who cannot make a prison so secure that he can't escape from it.
:lol: :lol: Oh that's rich. You accept the unverified opinion of an unnamed "devotee" discovered on a personal blog, called "Sparkle's and Glitter's" but you reject the Bible. Holy cow SEG, you have much more faith than I do. I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist or a follower of Baba. Tell me SEG, what has this Baba dude done since his death? He hasn't resurrected; he hasn't been reincarnated like he promised. Has anyone claimed to have seen him or talk to him? I mean someone with a little bit of credibility, not an unnamed source on a teenagers personal blog. What a way to get the New Year started. Thanks for the laugh SEG. Sparkle's and Glitter's. You need to let me know how following Baba works out for you in 2019. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's just like looking into a mirror, isn't it Chappy? The Hindus and Baba followers have just as much evidence as you have for your silly beliefs, they are just in a different location. The only difference in the magic they call miracles that they believe in and the magic that you call miracles that you believe in, is that they are written in different books, supposedly delivered by different deities and con men at helm dishing it out to the masses of the gullible. That makes me very sad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :(
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: More and better miracles than Jesus

Post by SEG » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:25 am

Claire wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:32 am
Chapabel wrote:
SEG wrote:According to one devotee:

Not only has he the power to resurrect others long dead, he can re-incarnate, which is obviously superior to ordinary resurrection. His powers are unlimited. Unlike Jesus, who cannot make a prison so secure that he can't escape from it.
:lol: :lol: Oh that's rich. You accept the unverified opinion of an unnamed "devotee" discovered on a personal blog, called "Sparkle's and Glitter's" but you reject the Bible. Holy cow SEG, you have much more faith than I do.
SEG doesn't accept any of it to be true. He's just relaying claims and testimonies regarding Sathya Sai Baba, and wondering why you don't place faith in them like you do Jesus and testimonies from other Christians.
Chapabel wrote:Tell me SEG, what has this Baba dude done since his death? He hasn't resurrected; he hasn't been reincarnated like he promised. Has anyone claimed to have seen him or talk to him? I mean someone with a little bit of credibility, not an unnamed source on a teenagers personal blog. What a way to get the New Year started. Thanks for the laugh SEG. Sparkle's and Glitter's. You need to let me know how following Baba works out for you in 2019. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, you say Jesus, who you believe has resurrected, doesn't even directly talk to anyone outside of those mentioned in the Bible. But, lets say He does directly speak to you, do you consider yourself a credible witness? If so, why? And, what would you say makes anyone else a credible witness?
Chapabel wrote:
SEG wrote:What makes you think JC is alive and well?
There were over 500 eyewitnesses who saw Jesus after the resurrection. How many have claimed to have seen Baba?
Your argument is essentially that if you're the majority you're right. But, that's clearly not always the case in situations, so it's a rather weak one. And, no matter the number of witnesses to an event, you place faith in what others say about Jesus's resurrection, just as there's Hindus who place faith in what they're told about Baba. This goes back to my questions regarding credibility.
Well said Claire, I think you nailed it!
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: More and better miracles than Jesus

Post by Chapabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:41 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:22 am
Chapabel wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:39 pm
SEG wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:49 pm
According to one devotee:
Not only has he the power to resurrect others long dead, he can re-incarnate, which is obviously superior to ordinary resurrection. His powers are unlimited. Unlike Jesus, who cannot make a prison so secure that he can't escape from it.
:lol: :lol: Oh that's rich. You accept the unverified opinion of an unnamed "devotee" discovered on a personal blog, called "Sparkle's and Glitter's" but you reject the Bible. Holy cow SEG, you have much more faith than I do. I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist or a follower of Baba. Tell me SEG, what has this Baba dude done since his death? He hasn't resurrected; he hasn't been reincarnated like he promised. Has anyone claimed to have seen him or talk to him? I mean someone with a little bit of credibility, not an unnamed source on a teenagers personal blog. What a way to get the New Year started. Thanks for the laugh SEG. Sparkle's and Glitter's. You need to let me know how following Baba works out for you in 2019. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's just like looking into a mirror, isn't it Chappy? The Hindus and Baba followers have just as much evidence as you have for your silly beliefs, they are just in a different location. The only difference in the magic they call miracles that they believe in and the magic that you call miracles that you believe in, is that they are written in different books, supposedly delivered by different deities and con men at helm dishing it out to the masses of the gullible. That makes me very sad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :(
Looking in a mirror? Not at all. Again, Baba is dead. No one can dispute that fact. No one has ever claimed to see him resurrected. At least 500 claim to have seen the resurrected Jesus. How many lives has Baba changed since his death? Millions have been affected by trusting in Christ. You cry if you want to, and I don’t blame you. I’d cry too if I didn’t know Jesus personally. I’ll continue to rejoice in my relationship with my Lord and Savior.

BTW, the little slobber-fest between you and Claire just demonstrates that the two of you are the same peas in a pod. Both of you are as lost as last year’s Easter eggs. At least you admit it.

Claire
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: More and better miracles than Jesus

Post by Claire » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:18 pm

Chapabel wrote:BTW, the little slobber-fest between you and Claire just demonstrates that the two of you are the same peas in a pod. Both of you are as lost as last year’s Easter eggs. At least you admit it.
Pay this no mind, SEG. Chapabel gets this way whenever discussions get tough for him.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: More and better miracles than Jesus

Post by SEG » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:04 pm

There are no first hand eyewitness accounts for Jesus Chappy. That's why no-one could draw or paint him. At least Baba was a real person and we have plenty of evidence and millions of first hand eye witnesses. Fictional people can't actually die. Why? Because they are fictional!
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: More and better miracles than Jesus

Post by Chapabel » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:54 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:04 pm
There are no first hand eyewitness accounts for Jesus Chappy. That's why no-one could draw or paint him. At least Baba was a real person and we have plenty of evidence and millions of first hand eye witnesses. Fictional people can't actually die. Why? Because they are fictional!
You must be in denial. The New Testament is full of eyewitness accounts of those who saw, met and fellowshipped with the resurrected Jesus. There are even secular writings about Jesus of Nazareth. I don’t deny Baba was a real person. I do deny he was God in the flesh though. He’s still dead. But hey, if you want to worship him I wish you the best of luck with that.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: More and better miracles than Jesus

Post by SEG » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:49 am

Chapabel wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:54 pm
You must be in denial. The New Testament is full of eyewitness accounts of those who saw, met and fellowshipped with the resurrected Jesus. There are even secular writings about Jesus of Nazareth. I don’t deny Baba was a real person. I do deny he was God in the flesh though. He’s still dead. But hey, if you want to worship him I wish you the best of luck with that.
Sorry Chappy, the NT has STORIES of eyewitness accounts from unknown authors. You must know that by now or are you in denial yourself? All the secular writings come decades and even centuries after his supposed life and they are all forgeries or only talking about Christians. Unless you have something I haven't seen? I don't worship any person, particularly fictitious ones. Sri Sathya Sai Baba had more and better miracles than Jesus because there was and is fully supported accounts of them. They are still crap and unbelievable, but at least they have documented evidence from actual eyewitnesses that he performed them, which is missing from your fanboy.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: More and better miracles than Jesus

Post by SEG » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:08 am

Claire wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:18 pm
Chapabel wrote:BTW, the little slobber-fest between you and Claire just demonstrates that the two of you are the same peas in a pod. Both of you are as lost as last year’s Easter eggs. At least you admit it.
Pay this no mind, SEG. Chapabel gets this way whenever discussions get tough for him.
Yes, he has nothing else!
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Claire
Posts: 848
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: More and better miracles than Jesus

Post by Claire » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:47 am

Chapabel wrote:
Claire wrote:
Chapabel wrote:BTW, the little slobber-fest between you and Claire just demonstrates that the two of you are the same peas in a pod. Both of you are as lost as last year’s Easter eggs. At least you admit it.
Pay this no mind, SEG. Chapabel gets this way whenever discussions get tough for him.
Yes, he has nothing else!
Don't get me wrong, I didn't say that just to take a dig at him. I was merely stating a fact that he lashes out when faced with a challenging situation, especially against those he hates. It's part of being human, and we can all point to a time in our own lives where we've behaved the same way.

Now, what I find peculiar is with all Chapabel's talk about numerous eyewitness accounts of Jesus's resurrection, and him believing them to be true, at the same time he believes Jesus, the living God, no longer directly talks to people.

Post Reply