Who goes to Heaven if You Get Eaten by a Cannibal?

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Moonwood the Hare

Re: Who goes to Heaven if You Get Eaten by a Cannibal?

Post by Moonwood the Hare » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:02 pm

SEG wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:03 am
Well what do you think Moonward? Do you think that your soul floats up to heaven from the hospital bed that you die on?
No, for the reason I have already given, that this is not the historic teaching of the Church. As N T Wright put it the this is not about life after death it's about life after life after death. Life after death is a kind of middle phase before resurrection. It is never referred to as heaven in the Scriptures and is barely talked about.

SEG

Post by SEG » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Moonwood the Hare wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:02 pm
SEG wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:03 am
Well what do you think Moonward? Do you think that your soul floats up to heaven from the hospital bed that you die on?
No, for the reason I have already given, that this is not the historic teaching of the Church. As N T Wright put it the this is not about life after death it's about life after life after death. Life after death is a kind of middle phase before resurrection. It is never referred to as heaven in the Scriptures and is barely talked about.
Thanks. Is that what most Christians believe or only the more educated ones? It seems Claire and Chappy have all sorts of beliefs about Heaven that I think are just unsupported claims.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Moonwood the Hare

Post by Moonwood the Hare » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:50 pm

SEG wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:24 pm
Thanks. Is that what most Christians believe or only the more educated ones? It seems Claire and Chappy have all sorts of beliefs about Heaven that I think are just unsupported claims.
Almost all Roman Catholics know this is the teaching of the Church. I checked the stats a few years ago. Protestants and Episcopalians tend to be vaguer and I don't understand Orthodox teaching on this at all.