Why the Cleansing of the Temple wasn't historical

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
SEG

Re: Why the Cleansing of the Temple wasn't historical

Post by SEG » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:36 am

SEG wrote: How do you know that? I may be the ideal candidate as a persecutor of Christians, like someone else you know.
Chapabel wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:31 pm
You might have received a vision to persecute Christians. But again, it was from your spiritual father. Not Christ.
I haven't got a spiritual father. In my vision he told me that he was the risen Christ and he told me I was special to him as I was an unbeliever and yet lived a good life. He said that he prefers me to hypocrites who go to Church and are intolerant to others, especially to unbelievers and gays. I actually didn't mind this type of Jesus and hope he visits me again some time.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:01 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:36 am
SEG wrote: How do you know that? I may be the ideal candidate as a persecutor of Christians, like someone else you know.
Chapabel wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:31 pm
You might have received a vision to persecute Christians. But again, it was from your spiritual father. Not Christ.
I haven't got a spiritual father. In my vision he told me that he was the risen Christ and he told me I was special to him as I was an unbeliever and yet lived a good life. He said that he prefers me to hypocrites who go to Church and are intolerant to others, especially to unbelievers and gays. I actually didn't mind this type of Jesus and hope he visits me again some time.
This lie of yours has zero support. Jesus would never contradict Himself. Jesus has no pleasure in those who reject Him: Hebrews 10:38-39 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

And, you do have a spiritual father. If it isn't God Almighty, its Satan: John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Claire

Post by Claire » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Chapabel wrote:You might have received a vision to persecute Christians. But again, it was from your spiritual father. Not Christ.
In regards to God, not satan, you believe He no longer gives visions to anyone, believers or not. On what do you base that He doesn't? Or, do you not have support, but just say God no longer gives visions?

SEG

Post by SEG » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:00 pm

Claire wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:06 pm
Chapabel wrote:You might have received a vision to persecute Christians. But again, it was from your spiritual father. Not Christ.
In regards to God, not satan, you believe He no longer gives visions to anyone, believers or not. On what do you base that He doesn't? Or, do you not have support, but just say God no longer gives visions?
Good point Claire. Where is his support that God no longer gives visions?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.

SEG

Post by SEG » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:01 pm
This lie of yours has zero support.
What makes you think it was a lie? I was a first hand witness with Jesus supporting me and you should have faith that Jesus and I were telling the truth. Jesus appeared to me when he was fully incarnate as a human. Humans make mistakes and he was forgiving me as an unbeliever. He will also forgive you too as an unbeliever if you pray to him in sincere repentance for what you have just said.
And, you do have a spiritual father. If it isn't God Almighty, its Satan: John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Sorry, I reject all spiritual fathers unless they have verifiable proof. Where is it outside of your fanciful book?

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:28 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:18 pm

What makes you think it was a lie?
Be honest now...did you actually receive a vision?

SEG

Post by SEG » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:28 pm
SEG wrote:

Why do you doubt and not have faith?

Claire

Post by Claire » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:23 pm

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:In regards to God, not satan, you believe He no longer gives visions to anyone, believers or not. On what do you base that He doesn't? Or, do you not have support, but just say God no longer gives visions?
Good point Claire. Where is his support that God no longer gives visions?
It's a fair question and if he has support it should be easy to answer.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 am

SEG wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 pm
Chapabel wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:28 pm
SEG wrote:

Why do you doubt and not have faith?
Stop evading. Did you receive a vision?

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:17 am

Last edited by Claire on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.