Why the Cleansing of the Temple wasn't historical

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
SEG

Re: Why the Cleansing of the Temple wasn't historical

Post by SEG » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:39 am

Chapabel wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 am
SEG wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 pm
Chapabel wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Be honest now...did you actually receive a vision?
Why do you doubt and not have faith?
Stop evading. Did you receive a vision?
I've already told you I have. Why do you doubt me and not have faith?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:52 am

SEG wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:39 am
Chapabel wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 am
SEG wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 pm

Why do you doubt and not have faith?
Stop evading. Did you receive a vision?
I've already told you I have. Why do you doubt me and not have faith?
I’m done. Go play with your girlfriend

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:02 am

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:In regards to God, not satan, you believe He no longer gives visions to anyone, believers or not. On what do you base that He doesn't? Or, do you not have support, but just say God no longer gives visions?
Good point Claire. Where is his support that God no longer gives visions?
It's a fair question and if he has support it should be easy to answer.
It appears Chapabel can't reference support. And, for someone who's all about claims of a religious nature having to be supported by the Bible in order to be valid, it's odd for him to make a claim that's unsupported by the Bible.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:25 am

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

The canon of scripture was closed when John penned this warning not to add to the word of God. The Revelation of Jesus Christ to John was the end of Gods messages to mankind. God speaks to us today thru His word and guidance of His Spirit dwelling in those born again. God does not give visions to people anymore especially to nonbelievers like SEG. SEG is a liar because he is a child of Satan the father of lies. Anyone who claims to have received special visions from God is a liar.

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:04 am

Chapabel wrote:Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

The canon of scripture was closed when John penned this warning not to add to the word of God. The Revelation of Jesus Christ to John was the end of Gods messages to mankind. God speaks to us today thru His word and guidance of His Spirit dwelling in those born again. God does not give visions to people anymore...
The Book of Revelation was written before the Bible was compiled into one volume. So, Revelation 22:18 refers to the Book of Revelation specifically, hence the part where it says "...prophecy of this book...".

Regarding additions to the Book of Revelation, or any book of the Bible, God Himself can add, repeat, or fill in the gaps -- the gaps having been brought about either by supernatural will, or natural causes -- whenever He chooses. And, when God chooses to speak audibly to a human being, and appoint them as His "pen", and/or supply them with a vision, it doesn't mean what's being said or seen is of that individual's own imagination, rather it ultimately comes from Him.

I respect your beliefs, but Revelation 22:18 doesn't support your position that God no longer communicates audibly, nor gives visions, to who and about what He chooses.

If there's any other verse(s) feel free to share.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:55 am

Rev.22:18-19 does not only relate to the book of the Revelation any more than Deut.4:2 only relates to the book of Deuteronomy (Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.) Nor does Prov.30:6 only pertain to the book of Proverbs (Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.) In the beginning of the Bible, the middle and the end God warns about adding to His word.

But for the sake of argument, lets suppose God's warning in Revelation only related to that book. The title of that book is given as the Revelation of Jesus Christ. It is the only book of prophecy in the NT. Therefore, any further revelations or "visions" would be a continuing addenda or additional chapters to a book Jesus officially closed. So whether the warning pertains to the entire Bible (it does) or to the book of Revelation only, any additional visions or revelations are not from Christ.

SEG

Post by SEG » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:25 am
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

The canon of scripture was closed when John penned this warning not to add to the word of God. The Revelation of Jesus Christ to John was the end of Gods messages to mankind. God speaks to us today thru His word and guidance of His Spirit dwelling in those born again. God does not give visions to people anymore especially to nonbelievers like SEG. SEG is a liar because he is a child of Satan the father of lies. Anyone who claims to have received special visions from God is a liar.
Does that include Paul? It should. I didn't add anything to the damn book! I had a vision of JC and he called you out, that's what you can't handle. Satan isn't my dad as he didn't exist. Also he must have had a low sperm count if he did exist as he didn't have any kids - just like Jesus.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.

SEG

Post by SEG » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Chappy still hasn't given any support to his wild assertion that God aka Jesus doesn't pop up any more. If he had more faith in Jesus and I he could learn a lot more about his belief system. Alas, seeing how he is now calling us liars, we won't include him in any future discussions. His loss, not ours.

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Claire wrote:
Chapabel wrote:Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

The canon of scripture was closed when John penned this warning not to add to the word of God. The Revelation of Jesus Christ to John was the end of Gods messages to mankind. God speaks to us today thru His word and guidance of His Spirit dwelling in those born again. God does not give visions to people anymore...
The Book of Revelation was written before the Bible was compiled into one volume. So, Revelation 22:18 refers to the Book of Revelation specifically, hence the part where it says "...prophecy of this book...".

Regarding additions to the Book of Revelation, or any book of the Bible, God Himself can add, repeat, or fill in the gaps -- the gaps having been brought about either by supernatural will, or natural causes -- whenever He chooses. And, when God chooses to speak audibly to a human being, and appoint them as His "pen", and/or supply them with a vision, it doesn't mean what's being said or seen is of that individual's own imagination, rather it ultimately comes from Him.

I respect your beliefs, but Revelation 22:18 doesn't support your position that God no longer communicates audibly, nor gives visions, to who and about what He chooses.

If there's any other verse(s) feel free to share.
Rev.22:18-19 does not only relate to the book of the Revelation any more than Deut.4:2 only relates to the book of Deuteronomy (Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.) Nor does Prov.30:6 only pertain to the book of Proverbs (Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.) In the beginning of the Bible, the middle and the end God warns about adding to His word.

But for the sake of argument, lets suppose God's warning in Revelation only related to that book. The title of that book is given as the Revelation of Jesus Christ. It is the only book of prophecy in the NT. Therefore, any further revelations or "visions" would be a continuing addenda or additional chapters to a book Jesus officially closed. So whether the warning pertains to the entire Bible (it does) or to the book of Revelation only, any additional visions or revelations are not from Christ.
Rev. 22:18-19, Deut. 4:2, and Prov. 30:6 are each referencing what's being said in its particular book, but the overall idea is to not add or take away from the word of God, and the Bible is a compiling of His word, so in that sense it applies to the entire Bible. But, it's key you don't overlook that those warnings are being directed at man, as in those other than God, not at God Himself.

Therefore, regarding additions to the Book of Revelation, or any book of the Bible, God Himself can add, repeat, or fill in the gaps -- the gaps having been brought about either by supernatural will, or natural causes -- whenever He chooses. And, when God chooses to speak audibly to a human being, and appoint them as His "pen", and/or supply them with a vision, it doesn't mean what's being said or seen is of that individual's own imagination, rather it ultimately is coming from Him.

So, unless you have Biblical verses that warn God Himself from doing any of that, your position He no longer communicates audibly, appoints certain people to be His "pen", nor gives visions, to who and about what He chooses, is unsupported.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:22 pm

Simply stated, God would not violate His own edict that nothing else be added to His word. Any such visions, revelations or hocus pocus is not from God. But everyone is entitled to be blind to this fact especially those who are not even a child of God.