Be ready always to give ... a reason of the hope that is in you...

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
SEG

Re: Be ready always to give ... a reason of the hope that is in you...

Post by SEG » Tue May 21, 2019 7:41 am

Og3 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:13 am
You really should get out more, SEG. And you really need to question your assumptions.

For example, I can tell you that even here in California, ranked the most religious in that survey, it's not Christianity they're talking about. In fact, if I were asked to guess what state she lived in based solely on moral considerations, I'd have guessed California.
I'll be damned how she was called the most hated woman in America. She stood up for inequities against your own constitution. Her stopping prayers being forced down throats in public schools was nothing compared to those disgusting women that cut Nazi symbols into their foreheads and stabbed to death 5 people in the late 60's Manson murders. This included an 8.5 month pregnant Sharon Tate who pleaded vainly with them to save her unborn baby about the same time. Or do you think that she was morally worse than that because she demeaned your god?
Last edited by SEG on Tue May 21, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Og3

Post by Og3 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 am

Um... Christians don't consider one person or another morally better or worse, as a matter of doctrine. O'Hair, by all accounts, was unpleasant, vile, vulgar, and profane. But it's a pass/fail system, and we all fail. Sharon Tate has no bearing on O'Hair -- it's not a relative thing. It's pass/fail. Binary.

This seems to be emotionally charged for you, SEG. I'm really not getting your outburst here. Why is it so critical to you to believe in MM O'Hair?
EGO TE ABSOLVO, and there's nothing you can do about it.

SEG

Post by SEG » Tue May 21, 2019 11:30 am

Og3 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 am
Um... Christians don't consider one person or another morally better or worse, as a matter of doctrine. O'Hair, by all accounts, was unpleasant, vile, vulgar, and profane. But it's a pass/fail system, and we all fail. Sharon Tate has no bearing on O'Hair -- it's not a relative thing. It's pass/fail. Binary.
You are kidding, Christians have a reputation for being judgemental! Especially in the USA. The link was in reference to MMO's unfair title of the most hated woman in America in comparison with the Manson murderers.
This seems to be emotionally charged for you, SEG. I'm really not getting your outburst here. Why is it so critical to you to believe in MM O'Hair?
I don't think MMO was as unpleasant, vile, and vulgar as you make out. Certainly she was profane, that was her job! Have you checked her out online on any of the TV shows? Here she is on Johnny Carson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B7aPk6Uzmw Does she seem that awful to you?

Actually I want to thank you for introducing me to her again, Og. I really look up to her now from what I have seen online and would gladly welcome her into our home. I had no idea that she was so learned and eloquent. She frequently has a chuckle over silly Christian beliefs, so I think that was the main reason why she was so vehemently hated by the Christian community. She called them up on their own hatred and bigotry and so was widely condemned by them. Have a look at how she carried herself here and tell me what she did that was so vile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGKfG7-pt7w
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.