Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2026
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by SEG » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:03 pm

Correct. This proves Jesus was inconsistent and a hypocrite.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1292
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by Claire » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:03 pm

SEG wrote:Correct. This proves Jesus was inconsistent and a hypocrite.
Not at all, for reasons explained. You wanted Jesus to stone her death, and therefore wanted Him to be unmerciful.
Last edited by Claire on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2026
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by SEG » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:05 pm

Why couldn't he be the stoner if he was without sin?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1292
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by Claire » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:08 pm

SEG wrote:Why couldn't he be the stoner if he was without sin?
Are you not paying attention? I've told you multiple times Jesus could've stoned her to death, and it would've been justice, but it would not have been mercy.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2026
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by SEG » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:10 pm

Claire wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:03 pm
SEG wrote:Correct. This proves Jesus was inconsistent and a hypocrite.
Not at all, for reasons explained. You wanted Jesus to stone her death, and therefore wanted Him to be unmerciful.
No I didn't! I would never want anyone to be given that cruel punishment that Jesus originally made up. Are you saying he didn't make it up?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1292
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by Claire » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:11 pm

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:You wanted Jesus to stone her death, and therefore wanted Him to be unmerciful.
No I didn't!
You said Jesus should've had respect for his own law, meaning He should've stoned her to death, and it would've been just, but it would not have been merciful. So, you wanted Him to be unmerciful.
Last edited by Claire on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2026
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by SEG » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:12 pm

Claire wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:08 pm
SEG wrote:Why couldn't he be the stoner if he was without sin?
Are you not paying attention? I've told you multiple times Jesus could've stoned her to death, and it would've been justice, .
.
So you agree that this cruel punishment that he made up was just?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2026
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by SEG » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:21 pm

Did he or did he not make up this cruel law?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1292
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by Claire » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:26 pm

SEG wrote:Did he or did he not make up this cruel law?
Again, Jesus confirmed the Law when he said those without sin should throw the stones.
SEG wrote:So you agree that this cruel punishment that he made up was just?
Death is just for those unrepentant of their sins against God. And, while the Law says adulterers and adulteresses are to be put to
death, it doesn't say God will not extend mercy. Jesus could've stoned the adulterous woman to death, it would've been justice, because she sinned and was unrepentant, but it would not have been mercy. He was merciful first by giving her time, and the possibility to arrive at repentance and holiness, if she wished to reached them. God is slow to anger and full of mercy (Numbers 14:18).

You say Jesus should've stoned her to death, and He could've, it would've been justice, but it would not have been mercy.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2026
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by SEG » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:52 pm

So you do think stoning was a just punishment. Your god can do no wrong, even when he prescibes the cruelest of punishments. That is sick thinking.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Post Reply