Miracle on the Mountain.

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire

Re: Miracle on the Mountain.

Post by Claire »

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:This particular circumstance was miraculous for reasons explained.
Nope, that doesn't fly. It has to be extraordinary and not explicable by natural or scientific laws.
How was our rescue not extraordinary, and explicable by natural, or scientific laws? And, please give something resembling an actual explanation, and don't just say ''science and natural law explains it", as if that ends the conversation.
SEG wrote:Co-incidence. You two got lucky. It happens. Big deal.
Lol, if luckdidit, how is that explicable by natural, or scientific laws in this case?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:What do you think happened? It seems very ordinary to me. It doesn't take much for you to jump to supernatural explanations, does it?
So, first it was lying, then it was a non-specific mental illness, and now it's an ordinary phenomena? What are you saying? That Luke's an honest, sane person who had an ordinary experience?
How would I know that? He might be as loopy as mv
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Well, if he's not lying since he's not a believer, and if you don't know of a plausible mental illness, then as far as you know he's an honest, sane person who you now say seems to have had a very ordinary experience. If it was, how often do you witness, or experience similar incidents?
All the time.
If Luke's experience is very ordinary, and you witness/experience similar incidents all the time, then share two recent examples.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

SEG

Post by SEG »

Nah, they would be more boring than this thread
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire

Post by Claire »

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Nope, that doesn't fly. It has to be extraordinary and not explicable by natural or scientific laws.
How was our rescue not extraordinary, and explicable by natural, or scientific laws? And, please give something resembling an actual explanation, and don't just say ''science and natural law explains it", as if that ends the conversation.
Lol, if luckdidit, how is that explicable by natural, or scientific laws in this case?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:What do you think happened? It seems very ordinary to me. It doesn't take much for you to jump to supernatural explanations, does it?
So, first it was lying, then it was a non-specific mental illness, and now it's an ordinary phenomena? What are you saying? That Luke's an honest, sane person who had an ordinary experience?
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Well, if he's not lying since he's not a believer, and if you don't know of a plausible mental illness, then as far as you know he's an honest, sane person who you now say seems to have had a very ordinary experience. If it was, how often do you witness, or experience similar incidents?
All the time.
If Luke's experience is very ordinary, and you witness/experience similar incidents all the time, then share two recent examples.
SEG wrote:Nah, they would be more boring than this thread.
You either lied about witnessing/experiencing similar incidents all the time, or you're being hypocritical by not supporting your claim when you demand that of others. I think it's the former, and if I'm right, it's interesting that for someone who thinks I believe lies, and criticizes me for it, you have no shame in telling me lies.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

SEG

Post by SEG »

No, I have only witnessed what everyone on Earth has ever witnessed - the real world that contains nothing supernatural.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.

Claire

Post by Claire »

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
All the time.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
You either lied about witnessing/experiencing similar incidents all the time, or you're being hypocritical by not supporting your claim when you demand that of others. I think it's the former, and if I'm right, it's interesting that for someone who thinks I believe lies, and criticizes me for it, you have no shame in telling me lies.
No, I have only witnessed what everyone on Earth has ever witnessed - the real world that contains nothing supernatural.
I asked how often you witness, or experience similar incidents like Luke's, and you claimed it's all the time, but refused to give two examples. So, either you lied to me, or you're being hypocritical by not supporting your claim when you demand that of others. As I said, I think it's the former, and if I'm right, it's interesting that for someone who thinks I believe lies, and criticizes me for it, you have no shame in telling me lies, and wanting me to accept them.

SEG

Post by SEG »

Claire wrote:You either lied about witnessing/experiencing similar incidents all the time, or you're being hypocritical by not supporting your claim when you demand that of others. I think it's the former, and if I'm right, it's interesting that for someone who thinks I believe lies, and criticizes me for it, you have no shame in telling me lies.
SEG wrote:No, I have only witnessed what everyone on Earth has ever witnessed - the real world that contains nothing supernatural.
Claire wrote:I asked how often you witness, or experience similar incidents like Luke's, and you claimed it's all the time, but refused to give two examples.
Ok, you have pestered me into it. Here they are:

1. I watched the Waltons on TV last night. I said to my wife, "I used to keep a diary when I was younger". The next day I found an old diary that I hadn't seen for years under my house while I was searching for something else.
2. Last week I lost my car keys. I found them again when I looked under my baseball cap.

Both strange, but entirely true!

Claire

Post by Claire »

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
All the time.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:I asked how often you witness, or experience similar incidents like Luke's, and you claimed it's all the time, but refused to give two examples. So, either you lied to me, or you're being hypocritical by not supporting your claim when you demand that of others. As I said, I think it's the former, and if I'm right, it's interesting that for someone who thinks I believe lies, and criticizes me for it, you have no shame in telling me lies, and wanting me to accept them.
Ok, you have pestered me into it. Here they are:

1. I watched the Waltons on TV last night. I said to my wife, "I used to keep a diary when I was younger". The next day I found an old diary that I hadn't seen for years under my house while I was searching for something else.
2. Last week I lost my car keys. I found them again when I looked under my baseball cap.

Both strange, but entirely true!
Your latest claims are Luke's experience was ordinary, and that you witness/experience similar all the time yourself. However, unlike with Luke, in neither of your examples is there an unseen "something" present that led to you consciously choosing to abandon plans, already in effect, and obey the instructions of this "presence" without knowing why, then meet strangers who's own experience gave reason to yours, etc.

Recap: You've gone from calling Luke's experience luck, to a lie, to the result of a mental illness, and now to ordinary. You've been throwing shit at the wall hoping something will stick and none have.
Last edited by Claire on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

SEG

Post by SEG »

Claire wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:24 am

Recap: You've gone from calling Luke's experience luck, a lie, the result of a mental illness, and now ordinary. You've been throwing shit at the wall hoping something will stick and none have.
All of my explanations have more merit and are much more credible than you seeking an immature supernatural solution that isn't there.

Claire

Post by Claire »

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Recap: You've gone from calling Luke's experience luck, to a lie, to the result of a mental illness, and now to ordinary. You've been throwing shit at the wall hoping something will stick and none have.
All of my explanations have more merit and are much more credible...
And, yet, you abandoned each one after it didn't stick. And, your latest explanation doesn't either for reasons explained.

SEG

Post by SEG »

Claire wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:05 am
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Recap: You've gone from calling Luke's experience luck, to a lie, to the result of a mental illness, and now to ordinary. You've been throwing shit at the wall hoping something will stick and none have.
All of my explanations have more merit and are much more credible...
And, yet, you abandoned each one after it didn't stick. And, your latest explanation doesn't either for reasons explained.
Well let's hear your supernatural explanation...