God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
User avatar
Claire
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by Claire »

SEG wrote:
God has created no one a slave.
Except angels, as they haven't the free will to sin or do evil. Correct?
See: Lucifer (Satan). Then, tell me if you still think that's correct.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by SEG »

Can you stop quoting MV and answer for yourself? These are pretty straightforward questions.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

User avatar
Claire
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by Claire »

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
God has created no one a slave.
Except angels, as they haven't the free will to sin or do evil. Correct?
See: Lucifer (Satan). Then, tell me if you still think that's correct.
SEG wrote:Can you stop quoting MV and answer for yourself? These are pretty straightforward questions.
Why do you think angels don't have free will when earlier you acknowledged that Lucifer, an angel, does have free will...
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by SEG »

I don't think anyone has free will, I was more interested in whether you think they have free will to sin or do evil. If you think they do, this means that evil and sin can exist in heaven by your logic.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

User avatar
Claire
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by Claire »

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
God has created no one a slave.
Except angels, as they haven't the free will to sin or do evil. Correct?
See: Lucifer (Satan). Then, tell me if you still think that's correct.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Can you stop quoting MV and answer for yourself? These are pretty straightforward questions.
Why do you think angels don't have free will when earlier you acknowledged that Lucifer, an angel, does have free will...
I don't think anyone has free will, I was more interested in whether you think they have free will to sin or do evil. If you think they do, this means that evil and sin can exist in heaven by your logic.
I told you multiple times angels have free will, and you acknowledged this belief, yet then you asked me to confirm they didn't have free will, lol. What was that about? And, in what way do you think sin (evil) can exist in Heaven?
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by SEG »

So angels have the free will to commit evil and sin but can never do so because there can be no evil or sin in heaven? That is contradictory! They have free will but are not allowed to use it, lol!
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

User avatar
Claire
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by Claire »

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
God has created no one a slave.
Except angels, as they haven't the free will to sin or do evil. Correct?
See: Lucifer (Satan). Then, tell me if you still think that's correct.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Can you stop quoting MV and answer for yourself? These are pretty straightforward questions.
Why do you think angels don't have free will when earlier you acknowledged that Lucifer, an angel, does have free will...
I don't think anyone has free will, I was more interested in whether you think they have free will to sin or do evil. If you think they do, this means that evil and sin can exist in heaven by your logic.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:I told you multiple times angels have free will, and you acknowledged this belief, yet then you asked me to confirm they didn't have free will, lol. What was that about? And, in what way do you think sin (evil) can exist in Heaven?
So angels have the free will to commit evil and sin but can never do so because there can be no evil or sin in heaven? That is contradictory! They have free will but are not allowed to use it, lol!
Where did I say angels aren't allowed to use their free will? And, again, why did you think angels don't have free will after you were told multiple times they do have it? Also, you said angels having free will means sin (evil) can exist in Heaven. Again, in what way?
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by SEG »

Claire wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:15 pm
Where did I say angels aren't allowed to use their free will?
This is inferred when you say that sinners are not permitted to remain in heaven.

And, again, why did you think angels don't have free will after you were told multiple times they do have it?
Because it is impossible to commit sin and remain in heaven according to you.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

User avatar
Claire
Posts: 1483
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by Claire »

God gave angels and humans a free will. Using our free will isn't a sin (evil), rather we use our free will to do good or evil, but a free will isn't freedom from consequence.

For example, Lucifer (Satan) has a free will, and certain choices he made led to him being cast out of Heaven.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by SEG »

Claire wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:55 am
God gave angels and humans a free will.
Give one example besides the Devil of an angel exercising its free will and sinning.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Post Reply