God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
SEG

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by SEG »

In 100,000 years of human existence that there has never been one example of that happening. This should tell you that angels haven't got free will.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

SEG

Post by SEG »

I don't mind the Devil btw. He is much less blood thirsty than the War God of the Old Testament and has cool songs written about him like this one from a band called Gun from the 60's/70's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj716pc1fC0
Last edited by SEG on Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.

Claire

Post by Claire »

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:God gave angels and humans a free will. Using our free will isn't a sin (evil), rather we use our free will to do good or evil, but a free will isn't freedom from consequence.

For example, Lucifer (Satan) has a free will, and certain choices he made led to him being cast out of Heaven.
Give one example besides the Devil of an angel exercising its free will and sinning.
Lucifer (Satan) seduced the less attentive among his angel companions, and they chose to rebel with him against God.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

SEG

Post by SEG »

Claire wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:06 am
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:God gave angels and humans a free will. Using our free will isn't a sin (evil), rather we use our free will to do good or evil, but a free will isn't freedom from consequence.

For example, Lucifer (Satan) has a free will, and certain choices he made led to him being cast out of Heaven.
Give one example besides the Devil of an angel exercising its free will and sinning.
Lucifer (Satan) seduced the less attentive among his angel companions, and they chose to rebel against God with him.
Really? Which ones? How long did they last in heaven after they rebelled?

SEG

Post by SEG »

Let me guess - there is no record of this happening or which angels rebelled.

Claire

Post by Claire »

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:

Lucifer (Satan) seduced the less attentive among his angel companions, and they chose to rebel with him against God.
SEG wrote:Really? Which ones? How long did they last in heaven after they rebelled?
I don't have names, but Lucifer (Satan) and those other fallen angels are referenced in Rev. 12, the Book of Azariah, etc. And, I don't know exactly how much longer they remained in Heaven after they rebelled, but I can say it wouldn't make sense for them to have lingered.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

SEG

Post by SEG »

Claire wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:33 am
I don't have names,
Yes, of course you don't. Guess why?
And, I don't know exactly how much longer they remained in Heaven after they rebelled, but I can say it wouldn't make sense for them to have lingered.
Why not? What's a couple of weeks, months or years compared to eternity? Why would it matter at all for them to linger sinfully?

Claire

Post by Claire »

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Really? Which ones?
I don't have names...
I don't have to guess, I know why, which is that I haven't come across that information thus far, but that doesn't mean I never will. And, it's not as if those other fallen angels aren't referenced at all, because they are. See: Rev. 22, the Book of Azariah, etc.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:How long did they last in heaven after they rebelled?
I don't know exactly how much longer they remained in Heaven after they rebelled, but I can say it wouldn't make sense for them to have lingered.
Why not? What's a couple of weeks, months or years compared to eternity? Why would it matter at all for them to linger sinfully?
Based on what I've told you about God and Heaven, why do you think it wouldn't make sense?

SEG

Post by SEG »

Claire wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:00 am
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
I don't have names...
I don't have to guess, I know why, which is that I haven't come across that information thus far, but that doesn't mean I never will. And, it's not as if those other fallen angels aren't referenced at all, because they are. See: Rev. 22, the Book of Azariah, etc.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
I don't know exactly how much longer they remained in Heaven after they rebelled, but I can say it wouldn't make sense for them to have lingered.
Based on what I've told you about God and Heaven, why do you think it wouldn't make sense?
Time in Heaven doesn't have a use by date.

Claire

Post by Claire »

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:How long did they last in heaven after they rebelled?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Based on what I've told you about God and Heaven, why do you think it wouldn't make sense?
Time in Heaven doesn't have a use by date.
Ok, but incorrect.