God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Post by Chapabel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:21 pm

The forum Fool has been shown there were no lies told, but he continues to claim there were. The village Idiot cannot prove his claim that Isaac was terrified though he continues to say he was. The Putz continues to ignore the fact that Abraham had enough faith in God’s promise to bless him through Isaac that even if he did kill his son, God would bring him back to life. Time after time it has been demonstrated to this ignoramus that his claims were unfounded and false. But as Satan’s child he continues to put forth misinformation. Anyone trying to educate this pathetic poster is wasting their time.

User avatar
Claire
Posts: 1389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Post by Claire » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:27 pm

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Adam's Lies
5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship,
He knew that Isaac would not be worshipping, he thought he would be cooking.
What I read was Abraham and Isaac would go worship (Gen. 22:5). Where did you read Isaac didn't worship?
SEG wrote:
He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."
That was part of Abraham's deception, he knew what he had conspired to do with God, it involved murdering his son, not sitting with him and worshipping.
I read Abraham and Isaac will go worship, so you didn't read Isaac wouldn't worship, rather just assumed that because you read he was bound at one point. Well, after the angel stayed Abraham's hand, a ram was sacrificed as a burnt offering instead (Gen. 22:13), so Isaac could've worshiped.
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Why do you think it's sickening God stayed Abraham's hand from sacrificing his son physically?
Because he was the mad, evil spirit that convinced Abraham to bind, stab and burn to death in the first place.
That reason doesn't make sense, but, bottom line, you think it's sickening that God, whom you describe as mad and evil, prevented Isaac's death.
SEG wrote:Why doesn't that make sense? It's not sickening that he prevented his death...
You said it's sickening God prevented Isaac's death because He commanded Abraham to sacrifice him. Read that back to yourself until you see why it doesn't make sense. And, now you're saying God having prevented Isaac's death isn't sickening, so why the 180 degree change?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:You make it sound like Isaac was enjoying a good worshipping session and was a willing subject to be knocked off in the name of God. If so, why did Abraham have to tie him up?
How have I made it sound like that? And, whether Isaac was willing or not, because fear can motivate one to withdraw from a situation of impending harm, or death, live sacrifices were bound.
Now you seem to be getting it. Unfortunate animals that are selected to be sacrificed need to be bound before being stabbed and burnt to death, otherwise they would fuck right off after the first stabbing. Your god apparently talked Abraham into treating his son like an animal and tying him up so that he couldn't escape his fate.
You didn't answer my question, so please do so in your next reply. And, if you had been getting it, then you wouldn't have asked me to explain why it was necessary for Abraham to still bind Isaac if he was willing to be sacrificed.
SEG wrote:Don't you agree that up to here that it is sickening for a father to do that to his son?
Sacrificing oneself, or a loved one, is painful and difficult. Such a command would test one's obedience to the extreme limit, which was precisely God's intention with Abraham. And, he already sacrificed his son, Isaac, in his heart, during the journey, with his will to obey.

Can you think of an act greater than sacrificing oneself, or a loved one, that would test one's obedience to God to the extreme limit?
Last edited by Claire on Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

searchengineguy
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Post by searchengineguy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 pm

It's no act of love to sacrifice your children, it's an act of terror. If the instigator of the terror demands it, then calls for it to cease, we don't have admiration for the terrorist. Or we shouldn't. He shouldn't have started it in the first place.
“One would go mad if one took the Bible seriously; but to take it seriously one must be already mad.”
Aleister Crowley

searchengineguy
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Post by searchengineguy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:52 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:21 pm
The forum Fool has been shown there were no lies told, but he continues to claim there were. The village Idiot cannot prove his claim that Isaac was terrified though he continues to say he was. The Putz continues to ignore the fact that Abraham had enough faith in God’s promise to bless him through Isaac that even if he did kill his son, God would bring him back to life.
You have already demonstrated (read DEMONstrated) that you would murder your own children if voices in your head commanded it in the name of God. Now you are saying if they were too terrified to complain, no problemo. You are forgetting that this terrorist god of yours didn't bother bringing Job's children back to life.

Your "faith" is not just ill conceived, it's maniacal. Just like you.
“One would go mad if one took the Bible seriously; but to take it seriously one must be already mad.”
Aleister Crowley

User avatar
Claire
Posts: 1389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Post by Claire » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:07 pm

Chapabel wrote:The forum Fool has been shown there were no lies told, but he continues to claim there were. The village Idiot cannot prove his claim that Isaac was terrified though he continues to say he was. The Putz continues to ignore the fact that Abraham had enough faith in God’s promise to bless him through Isaac that even if he did kill his son, God would bring him back to life. Time after time it has been demonstrated to this ignoramus that his claims were unfounded and false. But as Satan’s child he continues to put forth misinformation. Anyone trying to educate this pathetic poster is wasting their time.
SEG is the one standing in his own way of properly understanding what we've spoken, but how you've been responding to him often has an uncharitable tone, which not only displeases God, but is affecting your soul, as well as SEG's, and not for the better -- the same goes for him. Your incessant fondness for this way of speaking to others prompts me to ask: can you expose another's foolishness without being foolish yourself?
Chapabel wrote:It appears that Isaac willingly allowed Abraham to bind him and place him on the alter. Isaac offered no resistance. Nor did he plead for his life, so obviously Isaac had no problem with the situation.
Unless that's all explicitly stated, or implied, then this is an argument from silence, which you accused and criticized SEG of using:
Chapabel wrote:
SEG wrote:Just because the Bible doesn't mention that he didn't plead for his life or was terrified doesn't mean that he didn't react that way. That's what normal people do and I am alarmed that you can't see this.
There is no indication Isaac was frightened at all. Your argument from silence is a recognized fallacy.
As far as I'm aware, there's no passage in the Bible that supports either position explicitly, or implicitly, and the lack of isn't sufficient evidence.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

User avatar
Claire
Posts: 1389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Post by Claire » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:46 pm

SEG wrote:It's no act of love to sacrifice your children, it's an act of terror. If the instigator of the terror demands it, then calls for it to cease, we don't have admiration for the terrorist. Or we shouldn't. He shouldn't have started it in the first place.
This doesn't answer any of the questions, nor addresses other points I made, in my previous post to you.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Post by Chapabel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:46 pm

Claire wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:07 pm
SEG is the one standing in his own way of properly understanding what we've spoken, but how you've been responding to him often has an uncharitable tone, which not only displeases God, but is affecting your soul, as well as SEG's, and not for the better -- the same goes for him. Your incessant fondness for this way of speaking to others prompts me to ask: can you expose another's foolishness without being foolish yourself?
Claire you’re just as foolish as he is. While he cuts and pastes from atheist websites, you cut and paste from your unGodly poem. I have been polite to the both of you but my kindness was met with stupidity and deceit. You are two of a kind. Rarely will I respond directly to either of you because you have both demonstrated you’re incapable of honest, intelligent discussion. Enjoy each other’s unGodly conversations.

User avatar
Claire
Posts: 1389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Post by Claire » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:04 am

Chapable wrote:
Claire wrote:SEG is the one standing in his own way of properly understanding what we've spoken, but how you've been responding to him often has an uncharitable tone, which not only displeases God, but is affecting your soul, as well as SEG's, and not for the better -- the same goes for him. Your incessant fondness for this way of speaking to others prompts me to ask: can you expose another's foolishness without being foolish yourself?
Claire you’re just as foolish as he is. While he cuts and pastes from atheist websites, you cut and paste from your unGodly poem. I have been polite to the both of you but my kindness was met with stupidity and deceit. You are two of a kind. Rarely will I respond directly to either of you because you have both demonstrated you’re incapable of honest, intelligent discussion. Enjoy each other’s unGodly conversations.
So, that's a no.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

searchengineguy
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Post by searchengineguy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:16 am

SEG wrote:It's no act of love to sacrifice your children, it's an act of terror. If the instigator of the terror demands it, then calls for it to cease, we don't have admiration for the terrorist. Or we shouldn't. He shouldn't have started it in the first place.
Claire wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:46 pm
This doesn't answer any of the questions, nor addresses other points I made, in my previous post to you.
It answers the main thrust of your argument beautifully:
Why do you think it's sickening God stayed Abraham's hand from sacrificing his son physically?
Christians think that it's a great act of love when God stayed Abraham's hand from sacrificing his son. My point is that God started this atrocious act in the first place if you believe this story. As I pointed out before, Abraham should have failed this test. He should have refused the voice in his head or apparition that told him to tie up, stab and burn his son to death, knowing that a loving god would never command human sacrifice and torture. He should have known God's nature perfectly and would never have led him to the terrorist actions and potential ultimate murder of his son.

Instead he must have believed that it was within God's nature to command such a horrible act, had no trouble with that and carried out the morbid instructions up to the point when God finally stopped his deadly pretence. What is sickening about this story to me is that the lesson to be understood from this story is that blind obedience without any critical thinking, no matter how brutal and cruel should be admired and expected from your god - or the voices in your head that tell you that it is ok and expected of you to obey without any thought or compassion are true...and that just sucks.
“One would go mad if one took the Bible seriously; but to take it seriously one must be already mad.”
Aleister Crowley

User avatar
Claire
Posts: 1389
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God and Abraham Exchange Lies and Mentally Abuse Isaac

Post by Claire » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:38 am

.
Last edited by Claire on Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

Post Reply