Objective Evidence.

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by Claire » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:10 pm

There's no point in answering because SEG has already answered for me and every other Christian in his mind. So, any answer that I or any other Christian gives that isn't the answer he's already come up with isn't an honest one to him.

Claire

Post by Claire » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:12 pm

SEG wrote:Now for the sixth time, can you let me know whether this is a fair assessment of what you believe about your God and other gods?

1. They are "things" that have no material presence.
2. They have a magical special "force" to create material objects, even though they have no material themselves.
3. You have no idea of what this force is or how they create material objects, though you hope with faith that this is true.
4. Your god is special and true, unlike all the other false and untrue gods that only exist in the minds of heathens. You know that this is correct because it says so in your book of faith and you believe that it is true, even if you have no scientific evidence of it's existence or it's properties
You did this,
I have even written my answers in for all you Christians too scared to answer below.

My Expected Answers By Christians to my Own Questions Regarding all Gods

Answer: Yes, you are correct.

2. They have a magical special "force" to create material objects, even though they have no material themselves.

3. You have no idea of what this force is or how they create material objects, though you hope with faith that this is true.

4. Your god is special and true, unlike all the other false and untrue gods that only exist in the minds of heathens. You know that this is correct because it says so in your book of faith and you believe that it is true, even if you have no scientific evidence of it's existence or it's properties
Answer: Yes, you are correct on all counts. I have very silly beliefs, eh?
So, why did you bother to ask me whether that was a fair assessment to begin, and why do you continue to, when you've already answered for me in your mind? It makes absolutely no difference what I say to you. Because of your bias you're not capable of making a fair assessment.
SEG wrote:I have answered all of your questions.
Not these,
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Give me an example of one thing that exists and can't be measured besides your god...
Well, dark matter and dark energy are the probably the two most obvious examples I can mention to you. All that we really know about dark matter is that it probably accounts for the most of the mass in the known universe. What it's made of i.e. what particles it can be made up of, or it's characteristics are unknown. And, even the amount of dark matter believed to exist is only really inferred through deduction and by observing it's affects on other objects within the universe.
Correct, which means it can be defined, observed and measured.
So, by not knowing anything about it's characteristics or make up it's somehow defined? And, not really knowing how much of it is out there, and what its actual mass is, or its various types if any that might have various unknown amounts of mass or weight means it's somehow been measured? That doesn't make sense. But, apparently it makes sense to you, so how does it?
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
SEG wrote:Could you even identify a reasonable and clear definition for God or Spirit if one was presented to you?
Yes I could.
What would a reasonable and clear definition be to you?
SEG wrote:Something that is logical and not clouded by vagueness.
You quoted vague definitions for "Quantum Physics", "God Particle", and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge", and stated they are "well defined". Yet, vague definitions for ''God'' and ''spirit'' are insufficient to you.

That makes you hypocritical.

Therefore, how does it make sense to you to tell me you could identify a reasonable and clear definition of God, which is something "logical and not clouded by vagueness", when you consider vague definitions for "Quantum Physics", "God Particle", and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge" "well defined"?

SteveEpperson

Post by SteveEpperson » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:06 am

Claire wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:41 am

Even if God was objectively proven to exist that doesn't mean that conclusion would be universally accepted by all scientists, or even the entire population of the world.
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” John 20:29

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. Romans1:20

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight. Proverbs 9:10

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:19 am

So many Christians who take verses out of context.

SteveEpperson

Post by SteveEpperson » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:37 am

Claire wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:19 am
So many Christians who take verses out of context.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. John 13:34

And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother [or sister]1John 4:21

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. Mark 13:31

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:53 am

It's not unloving to say there's many Christians who often take Bible verses out of context.

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 pm

SEG wrote:Now for the sixth time, can you let me know whether this is a fair assessment of what you believe about your God and other gods?

You did this,
I have even written my answers in for all you Christians too scared to answer below.

So, why did you bother to ask me whether that was a fair assessment to begin, and why do you continue to, when you've already answered for me in your mind? It makes absolutely no difference what I say to you. Because of your bias you're not capable of making a fair assessment.
Not these,
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Give me an example of one thing that exists and can't be measured besides your god...
Well, dark matter and dark energy are the probably the two most obvious examples I can mention to you. All that we really know about dark matter is that it probably accounts for the most of the mass in the known universe. What it's made of i.e. what particles it can be made up of, or it's characteristics are unknown. And, even the amount of dark matter believed to exist is only really inferred through deduction and by observing it's affects on other objects within the universe.
So, by not knowing anything about it's characteristics or make up it's somehow defined? And, not really knowing how much of it is out there, and what its actual mass is, or its various types if any that might have various unknown amounts of mass or weight means it's somehow been measured? That doesn't make sense. But, apparently it makes sense to you, so how does it?
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
SEG wrote:Could you even identify a reasonable and clear definition for God or Spirit if one was presented to you?
Yes I could.
You quoted vague definitions for "Quantum Physics", "God Particle", and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge", and stated they are "well defined". Yet, vague definitions for ''God'' and ''spirit'' are insufficient to you.

Therefore, how does it make sense to you to tell me you could identify a reasonable and clear definition of God, which is something "logical and not clouded by vagueness", when you consider vague definitions for "Quantum Physics", "God Particle", and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge" "well defined"?

SteveEpperson

Post by SteveEpperson » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:08 am

Claire wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:53 am
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:2-3

Claire

Post by Claire » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:21 am

You did this,

Not these,
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Yes I could.

SEG

Post by SEG » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Claire wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:21 am
...make you hypocritical.
Just to finish this post, I'll answer the rest of your questions once you answer mine first. Which is only fair, as I posed mine first. So for the 7th time, here they are again:
... can you let me know whether this is a fair assessment of what you believe about your God and other gods?

Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.