Why God's Love is a Joke

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by Claire » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:17 pm

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:If God exists, would you agree with the Christians who believe anyone who's a non-Christian is going to Hell, and the Christians who think otherwise are incorrect? This is called a hypothetical question.
If Pachamama (Wife of Virachocha and mother of Inti and Mama Quilla) exists, would you agree with the Pagans who believe anyone who's a non-pagan is going to meet Mictēcacihuātl, and the Pagans who think otherwise are incorrect? This is called a dumb question.
Calling my hypothetical a "dumb question" is a dumb statement, because this thread is about God's love if He exists. And, I don't pretend to know much about obscure pagan beliefs in order to make a qualified statement about it, whereas you claim to know a lot about Christianity, so you should be able to answer my hypothetical question based on the widely available scripture for Christianity. Go ahead.

Claire
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by Claire » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:20 am

Claire wrote:If God exists, would you agree with the Christians who believe anyone who's a non-Christian is going to Hell, and the Christians who think otherwise are incorrect? This is called a hypothetical question.
I remembered you've already answered this in another thread:
If I were to lean anywhere on this, it would be over to Chappy.
because
Christians have got a long history of wanting to see non-believers in Hell.
So, God wants what Christians want? Well, not all Christians want to see non-believers in Hell. Why does God?

Rian
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by Rian » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:33 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm
Instead he allows people that have led good lives helping others that are less fortunate than themselves and choose not to believe because of the lack of evidence, into the lakes of fire for eternity. WTF?
I agree with the WTF if what you said was indeed true; I just don't believe what you said before the WTF was an accurate description of what's in the Bible.

Rian
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by Rian » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:36 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm
Where is all this promised love in the Christian religion?
Often imperfectly displayed by imperfect Christians or even those claiming to be Christians for selfish reasons (power, etc.) but also displayed beautifully throughout the Bible by God, Christians and non-Christians.
Jesus as portrayed in the Bible never had a normal loving relationship with his earthly family. He showed no love for his supposed biological father, mother, sister or brothers. It was the opposite, he showed total disdain.
I don't see that; where are you getting that from?
An actual, loving God would provide instant comfort and guidance to anyone that suffered and experienced pain. How often does this happen? Hardly ever.
I think that God does make this available; whether or not someone chooses it is a different question. This is a very complex issue and one that is rightly brought up by those questioning Christianity, IMO. However, there's no sound-bite answer; it's one of the deepest and most solemn things in the universe. I think that there are good explanations, though.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by SEG » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:50 am

Rian wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:33 pm
SEG wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm
Instead he allows people that have led good lives helping others that are less fortunate than themselves and choose not to believe because of the lack of evidence, into the lakes of fire for eternity. WTF?
Rian wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:33 pm
I agree with the WTF if what you said was indeed true; I just don't believe what you said before the WTF was an accurate description of what's in the Bible.
Ok, so what happens to non-believers who don't want or need salvation? According to Chappy you go to Hell and there is no other route.
Last edited by SEG on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by SEG » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:34 am

SEG wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm
Where is all this promised love in the Christian religion?
Rian wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:36 pm
Often imperfectly displayed by imperfect Christians or even those claiming to be Christians for selfish reasons (power, etc.) but also displayed beautifully throughout the Bible by God, Christians and non-Christians.
It may be that there are nice passages, but they are overshadowed by your god's murderous wrath and intolerance IMO.
Jesus as portrayed in the Bible never had a normal loving relationship with his earthly family. He showed no love for his supposed biological father, mother, sister or brothers. It was the opposite, he showed total disdain.
I don't see that; where are you getting that from?
There were no loving or respectful conversations towards his family. His sisters weren't even numbered or named. No normal family interaction was ever mentioned. His father vanished without reason once his literary purpose was finished before his first miracle at the wedding and his siblings weren't there to support his mother at the crucifixion.
An actual, loving God would provide instant comfort and guidance to anyone that suffered and experienced pain. How often does this happen? Hardly ever.
Rian wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:33 pm
I think that God does make this available; whether or not someone chooses it is a different question. This is a very complex issue and one that is rightly brought up by those questioning Christianity, IMO. However, there's no sound-bite answer; it's one of the deepest and most solemn things in the universe. I think that there are good explanations, though.
I would like to hear them when you get a chance Rian. You must be feeling a little bit better these days?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by SEG » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:41 am

Oh, and even though we are generally nice to each other, feel free to kick my shins if I get out of line ok? :)
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by Claire » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:10 pm

Claire wrote:If God exists, would you agree with the Christians who believe anyone who's a non-Christian is going to Hell, and the Christians who think otherwise are incorrect? This is called a hypothetical question.
I remembered you've already answered this in another thread:
If I were to lean anywhere on this, it would be over to Chappy.
because
Christians have got a long history of wanting to see non-believers in Hell.
So, God wants what Christians want? Well, not all Christians want to see non-believers in Hell. Why does God?

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by SEG » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:38 pm

Claire wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:10 pm
Claire wrote:If God exists, would you agree with the Christians who believe anyone who's a non-Christian is going to Hell, and the Christians who think otherwise are incorrect? This is called a hypothetical question.
I remembered you've already answered this in another thread:
If I were to lean anywhere on this, it would be over to Chappy.
because
Christians have got a long history of wanting to see non-believers in Hell.
So, God wants what Christians want? Well, not all Christians want to see non-believers in Hell. Why does God?
Ask any of the millions of Christians that DO want to see non-believers in Hell. They will be happy to tell you.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by Claire » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:37 pm

Claire wrote:
Claire wrote:If God exists, would you agree with the Christians who believe anyone who's a non-Christian is going to Hell, and the Christians who think otherwise are incorrect? This is called a hypothetical question.
I remembered you've already answered this in another thread:
If I were to lean anywhere on this, it would be over to Chappy.
because
Christians have got a long history of wanting to see non-believers in Hell.
So, God wants what Christians want? Well, not all Christians want to see non-believers in Hell. Why does God?
SEG wrote:Ask any of the millions of Christians that DO want to see non-believers in Hell. They will be happy to tell you.
You believe non-believers go to Hell, if God exists, just because you think the majority of Christians want to see non-believers in Hell? No other reason than Argumentum ad populum? So, if the majority of the world's population are Christian, or at least religious, then why not believe God exists?

Post Reply