Question for non-Christians.

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Keep the Reason

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by Keep the Reason » Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Claire wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm
I asked a hypothetical question. KTR, SEG, do you both refuse to answer it? If you don't want to that's fine.
I'm only answering this because it will annoy Chapabel.

I did answer it. I said, "Any non-believer would answer it: Neither. It's all BS."

I'm a non-believer.

Humanguy

Post by Humanguy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:37 pm

!

Humanguy

Post by Humanguy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Claire wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:53 am
(ii) There's people like me who say that to place Faith in love is to place Faith in The Lord for He is love. And, where there's sincere Faith in Him, His saving Grace can be allowed through. And, if a person sincerely doesn't believe in the existence of The Lord, or sincerely believes another deity exists, as long as they have Faith in love, they're still placing Faith in The One True God in a sense, for He is love. Therefore, He would not turn away from them. Hell is a place for hate and evil, and someone who doesn't identify themselves as Christian, but chooses to live the kind of life Jesus instructed all people, isn't evil that's deserving of eternity with evil incarnate and his demons.

Which belief do you think is more likely out of the two if Heaven and Hell exist?
Clare, neither one could be called likely, but the second scenario is much prettier.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu May 17, 2018 12:55 am

Keep the Reason wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:06 pm
Claire wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm
I asked a hypothetical question. KTR, SEG, do you both refuse to answer it? If you don't want to that's fine.
I'm only answering this because it will annoy Chapabel.
Dude, it doesn't annoy me at all. I'd rather you deal with Claire. I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu May 17, 2018 1:14 am

humanguy wrote:
Claire wrote:In regards to eternal salvation and damnation, there's many different views in the world. But, I want to specifically address two different kinds. Below are brief summaries.

(i) There's people like fellow forum member Chapabel who say those who do not place Faith in Christ, despite choosing to live and teach others to live a life of charity with love, will "bust down the gates of hell" after they die.

(ii) There's people like me who say that to place Faith in love is to place Faith in The Lord for He is love. And, where there's sincere Faith in Him, His saving Grace can be allowed through. And, if a person sincerely doesn't believe in the existence of The Lord, or sincerely believes another deity exists, as long as they have Faith in love, they're still placing Faith in The One True God in a sense, for He is love. Therefore, He would not turn away from them. Hell is a place for hate and evil, and someone who doesn't identify themselves as Christian, but chooses to live the kind of life Jesus instructed all people, isn't evil that's deserving of eternity with evil incarnate and his demons.

Which belief do you think is more likely out of the two if Heaven and Hell exist?
Clare, neither one could be called likely, but the second scenario is much prettier.
So, if Heaven and Hell existed, neither scenario is more likely. Why? And, if Heaven and Hell existed, what do you think would be more likely to happen to people who live like a Christian, but don't consider themselves a Christian?

Humanguy

Post by Humanguy » Thu May 17, 2018 1:59 am

Claire wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:14 am

So, if Heaven and Hell existed, neither scenario is more likely. Why? And, if Heaven and Hell existed, what do you think would be more likely to happen to people who live like a Christian, but don't consider themselves a Christian?
No, I'm not saying that, Clare. Understand, to a person like me it isn't likely that heaven and hell exist, or that it's likely that aliens visit our planet or that ghosts haunt houses, none of that is likely according to the definition of the word, and I've never been presented with any reason to believe otherwise.

SEG

Post by SEG » Thu May 17, 2018 2:11 am

Claire wrote:
I didn't understand the question, that's why I answered like this:
I were to believe in the existence of The Dark Lord, and have faith in love, The One True God would be Him in a sense. For He is not as murderous and intolerant as the other god. Therefore, He would be a Cool Guy to hang out with. Hell could be a place for fun that's deserving of eternity with Evil Incarnate and his Demons.
Here's reasons why Claire and Chappy will never agree about their magical, intolerant religion:

1. Claire believes in scriptures and traditions beyond the Bible, Chappy does not.

2. Claire thinks her church as the only true church with the pope as its leader, Chappy does not.

3. Claire says only men can become priests, Chappy says women and transgenders may as well

4. Claire thinks that bread and wine become the actual body and blood of Christ. Chappy does not and thinks any baptized person can lead the Lord's Supper.

5. Claire has 7 sacraments, Chappy only allows two, baptism and the Eucharist

6. Claire worships Mary and saints, Chappy does not.

7. Both Claire and Chappy think that bumping rude bits should only happen after a holy marriage. Claire goes one step further and thinks priests should never bump rude bits, but that fails dismally and ruins lives (my own comment).

So there it is and it wound up as the magical number of seven!

Oh and there is something about faith, works and heaven too.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu May 17, 2018 2:38 am

SEG wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:11 am
Claire wrote:
I didn't understand the question, that's why I answered like this:
I were to believe in the existence of The Dark Lord, and have faith in love, The One True God would be Him in a sense. For He is not as murderous and intolerant as the other god. Therefore, He would be a Cool Guy to hang out with. Hell could be a place for fun that's deserving of eternity with Evil Incarnate and his Demons.
Here's reasons why Claire and Chappy will never agree about their magical, intolerant religion:

1. Claire believes in scriptures and traditions beyond the Bible, Chappy does not.

2. Claire thinks her church as the only true church with the pope as its leader, Chappy does not.

3. Claire says only men can become priests, Chappy says women and transgenders may as well

4. Claire thinks that bread and wine become the actual body and blood of Christ. Chappy does not and thinks any baptized person can lead the Lord's Supper.

5. Claire has 7 sacraments, Chappy only allows two, baptism and the Eucharist

6. Claire worships Mary and saints, Chappy does not.

7. Both Claire and Chappy think that bumping rude bits should only happen after a holy marriage. Claire goes one step further and thinks priests should never bump rude bits, but that fails dismally and ruins lives (my own comment).

So there it is and it wound up as the magical number of seven!

Oh and there is something about faith, works and heaven too.
You got six out of seven correct. I don’t believe women or transgender can be preachers (the Baptist don’t have priests)

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 am

Claire wrote:
humanguy wrote:
Claire wrote:In regards to eternal salvation and damnation, there's many different views in the world. But, I want to specifically address two different kinds. Below are brief summaries.

(i) There's people like fellow forum member Chapabel who say those who do not place Faith in Christ, despite choosing to live and teach others to live a life of charity with love, will "bust down the gates of hell" after they die.

humanguy wrote:No, I'm not saying that, Clare. Understand, to a person like me it isn't likely that heaven and hell exist, or that it's likely that aliens visit our planet or that ghosts haunt houses, none of that is likely according to the definition of the word, and I've never been presented with any reason to believe otherwise.
I know the current beliefs of the atheists on this forum. I thought you understood I'm asking a hypothetical question, hence why I took your answer the way I did. So, again, if you believed Heaven and Hell existed, would you think mine or Chapabel's belief on salvation and non-Christians is more likely?

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu May 17, 2018 3:23 am

SEG wrote:

I didn't understand the question...
If you believed Heaven and Hell existed, do you think what happens to non-Christians according to Chapabel or me is more likely?