Question for non-Christians.

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by Claire » Fri May 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Humanguy wrote:
Claire wrote:If you believed Heaven and Hell existed, would you think mine or Chapabel's belief on salvation and non-Christians is more likely?
I'd like to think that if I believed as you said, I'd find your way to be more likely, mainly because it's less complicated.
Thank you for graciously answering and sharing your reason.
marcuspnw wrote:
Claire wrote:If you believed Heaven and Hell existed, would you think mine or Chapabel's belief on salvation and non-Christians is more likely?
Accepting the dichotomy, they are both equally possible since no further evidence or foundational knowledge is offered to evaluate one as having a higher probability. My personal preference really has no bearing in determining which version is actualized but mine is to choose neither belief.
I know the current beliefs of the atheists on this forum as well as that many of the atheists on this forum were once Christians themselves, have read the Bible, or have at least thoroughly studied Christianity. So, I am genuinely curious about your thoughts on regarding salvation and damnation as a non-Christian. I would like to hear from an outside perspective looking in. My question is hypothetical. So, suppose you came to the belief at this moment that Heaven and Hell existed -- and the way you came to this realization is irrelevant -- I would just like to know which scenario of salvation seems likelier of the two - mine or Chapabel's? If neither, then what do you think would be likelier?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:If you believed Heaven and Hell existed, would you think mine or Chapabel's belief on salvation and non-Christians is more likely?
If I were to lean anywhere on this, it would be over to Chappy. Sorry Clare.
Thank you for graciously answering and no need to apologize. What's the reasoning behind your answer?

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by SEG » Sat May 19, 2018 7:58 am

Claire wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:24 pm
Thank you for graciously answering and no need to apologize. What's the reasoning behind your answer?
Christians have got a long history of wanting to see non-believers in Hell.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Claire
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by Claire » Sat May 19, 2018 8:19 am

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:If you believed Heaven and Hell existed, would you think mine or Chapabel's belief on salvation and non-Christians is more likely?
If I were to lean anywhere on this, it would be over to Chappy. Sorry Clare.
Thank you for graciously answering and no need to apologize. What's the reasoning behind your answer?
SEG wrote:Christians have got a long history of wanting to see non-believers in Hell.
Most Christians don't. Anyway, thank you for giving your reason.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by SEG » Sat May 19, 2018 1:14 pm

You're welcome
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
marcuspnw
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 6:10 am

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by marcuspnw » Sun May 20, 2018 7:12 pm

Claire wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:24 pm
I know the current beliefs of the atheists on this forum as well as that many of the atheists on this forum were once Christians themselves, have read the Bible, or have at least thoroughly studied Christianity. So, I am genuinely curious about your thoughts on regarding salvation and damnation as a non-Christian. I would like to hear from an outside perspective looking in. My question is hypothetical. So, suppose you came to the belief at this moment that Heaven and Hell existed -- and the way you came to this realization is irrelevant -- I would just like to know which scenario of salvation seems likelier of the two - mine or Chapabel's? If neither, then what do you think would be likelier?
A belief regarding salvation emphasizing the idea of apocatastasis where God is reconciled to ALL His creation and
Hell itself ceases to exist.

Claire
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by Claire » Mon May 21, 2018 4:54 am

marcuspnw wrote:
Claire wrote:I know the current beliefs of the atheists on this forum as well as that many of the atheists on this forum were once Christians themselves, have read the Bible, or have at least thoroughly studied Christianity. So, I am genuinely curious about your thoughts on regarding salvation and damnation as a non-Christian. I would like to hear from an outside perspective looking in. My question is hypothetical. So, suppose you came to the belief at this moment that Heaven and Hell existed -- and the way you came to this realization is irrelevant -- I would just like to know which scenario of salvation seems likelier of the two - mine or Chapabel's? If neither, then what do you think would be likelier?
A belief regarding salvation emphasizing the idea of apocatastasis where God is reconciled to ALL His creation and
Hell itself ceases to exist.
Why do you say that scenario is the likeliest one should Heaven and Hell exist?

User avatar
marcuspnw
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 6:10 am

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by marcuspnw » Tue May 22, 2018 3:03 am

Claire wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:54 am
marcuspnw wrote:
Claire wrote:I know the current beliefs of the atheists on this forum as well as that many of the atheists on this forum were once Christians themselves, have read the Bible, or have at least thoroughly studied Christianity. So, I am genuinely curious about your thoughts on regarding salvation and damnation as a non-Christian. I would like to hear from an outside perspective looking in. My question is hypothetical. So, suppose you came to the belief at this moment that Heaven and Hell existed -- and the way you came to this realization is irrelevant -- I would just like to know which scenario of salvation seems likelier of the two - mine or Chapabel's? If neither, then what do you think would be likelier?
A belief regarding salvation emphasizing the idea of apocatastasis where God is reconciled to ALL His creation and
Hell itself ceases to exist.
Why do you say that scenario is the likeliest one should Heaven and Hell exist?
The awesome power of love and the hope that springs from it.

Claire
Posts: 978
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by Claire » Tue May 22, 2018 6:21 am

marcuspnw wrote:
Claire wrote:
marcuspnw wrote:A belief regarding salvation emphasizing the idea of apocatastasis where God is reconciled to ALL His creation and Hell itself ceases to exist.
Why do you say that scenario is the likeliest one should Heaven and Hell exist?
The awesome power of love and the hope that springs from it.
Thank you for giving your reason.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by SEG » Wed May 23, 2018 3:44 am

There's a question waiting for you on another thread.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Keep the Reason
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 am

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by Keep the Reason » Mon May 28, 2018 9:20 pm

And here's something to check out that indirectly responds to this question in this thread.

The Greater Insult

Post Reply