Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by Claire » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:32 am

Claire wrote:As far as loving other Christians, I do. Claire has demonstrated to me that she is not a Christian at all. She is totally unable to give testimony to her conversion and new birth that Jesus, Himself, said is necessary for salvation. Her beliefs are in direct opposition to doctrine of salvation by grace. She believes Jesus' sacrifice at Calvary was insufficient to purchase our salvation. She believe people also have to do certain works to be saved. She also rejects the principle that to be saved a person has to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. She thinks if a person loves others, that God will let them waltz right down the street of gold. Her beliefs are unscriptural and Hellish. So she is not my sister in Christ. She is promoting a false gospel and in doing so, she is my adversary.
Leave the explaining of my beliefs to me for accuracy. Next, since you consider me your enemy, all the more reason why you should be loving. Not doing so, and calling yourself a Christian at the same time, is the complete opposite of what it means to be a follower of The Lord. Yet, you say I'm the fake Christian...

"But I say to you, love your enemies" (Matthew 5:44)

"And if you love them that love you, what thanks are to you? for sinners also love those that love them. And if you do good to them who do good to you, what thanks are to you? for sinners also do this. And if you lend to them of whom you hope to receive, what thanks are to you? for sinners also lend to sinners, for to receive as much. But love ye your enemies: do good, and lend, hoping for nothing thereby: and your reward shall be great, and you shall be the sons of the Highest; for he is kind to the unthankful, and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." (Luke 6:32-36)

"Dearly beloved, let us love one another, for charity is of God. And every one that loveth, is born of God, and knoweth God." (1 John 4:7)

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Last edited by Claire on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveEpperson

Post by SteveEpperson » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:56 am

Chapabel wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:08 pm
SteveEpperson wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:26 am
God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Numbers 23:19
Correction: Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

If you're going to quote scripture, get it right.
Deus nao e homem para mentir, nem ser humano para mudar de de ideia. (Brazilian Portuguese). That better?

Claire

Post by Claire » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:31 am

Chapabel wrote:She thinks if a person loves others, that God will let them waltz right down the street of gold. Her beliefs are unscriptural and Hellish.
One of The Lord's greatest commandments is to love others (Matthew 22:36-40). To do that is to do His will, and those who do the will of The Lord shall enter Heaven (Matthew 7:21) (Matthew 25:34).

Yet, somehow my beliefs are "unscriptural" and "hellish".