Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Chapabel

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by Chapabel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:49 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:57 am
Claire wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:37 am
Such crap. And, here's a few reasons why;

Let's start with missing links, well multiple "missing links" have been found. They're not missing anymore i.e, Homo Erectus, Habilis, Australopithecus, and even the Denisovan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICv6GLwt1gM

Also, he leaves out that Geologists still believe in sedimentary forces and catastrophic, and those catastrophes were millions to billions of years ago...

We've had multiple major extinction events.

As for blood circulation, freaking Galen knew that. And, he made people believe in the 4 humours for centuries! Lol.

His entire post is just an army of strawmen!
Here's a rebut of just some of the junk science these guys spew;
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/101_evide ... e_universe
How quaint. Two peas in a pod rejecting the Bible. Nothing surprising there. Hey SEG are you going to be a man of your word and convert, or scurry away again claiming I failed to produce evidence? We all know that would be a lie because Dr. Snelling holds a PhD from one of your universities from down under. So what will it be SEG...conversion or scurrying?

SEG

Post by SEG » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:49 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:02 am
I too reject junk science and trust in the evidence that supports the Bible. You need to understand that evidence is subject to interpretation. You and I could examine the exact same evidence and draw very different conclusions. So you can continue to post your evidence that contradicts Biblical evidence but it will not change the beliefs of those who have met the Living God. All you’re doing is trying to reinforce your own personal bias.
My own personal bias? You have to be kidding! How could you support a dill that has science degrees and yet believes stuff like Noah's Ark was an actual historic event? Common sense tells me that it was impossible in multiple ways. If you are intellectually honest, you should admit that it is too.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:12 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:49 pm
Chapabel wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:02 am
I too reject junk science and trust in the evidence that supports the Bible. You need to understand that evidence is subject to interpretation. You and I could examine the exact same evidence and draw very different conclusions. So you can continue to post your evidence that contradicts Biblical evidence but it will not change the beliefs of those who have met the Living God. All you’re doing is trying to reinforce your own personal bias.
My own personal bias? You have to be kidding! How could you support a dill that has science degrees and yet believes stuff like Noah's Ark was an actual historic event? Common sense tells me that it was impossible in multiple ways. If you are intellectually honest, you should admit that it is too.
Yep, personal bias. I have no problem admitting I have personal biases. My personal beliefs influence my interpretation of evidence. I am honest enough to admit that. You simply dismiss anyone who disagrees with your position no matter what level of education they have and you do so while denying your biases play a part. It is you ol’ boy who is being dishonest.

I see you aren’t going to convert and keep your word, so you may now scurry along with your non believing girlfriend. See ya

SEG

Post by SEG » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:49 pm
Hey SEG are you going to be a man of your word and convert, or scurry away again claiming I failed to produce evidence? We all know that would be a lie because Dr. Snelling holds a PhD from one of your universities from down under. So what will it be SEG...conversion or scurrying?
Let me be crystal clear. This is what I actually wrote, as you are getting the impression I would be converting on the weakest shreds of evidence. I wrote this:
I would probably convert and pledge my allegiance to a superior being if the evidence was overwhelming - who wouldn't?
- so that doesn't include piss-poor evidence from a pseudo scientist that has an evangelical bent and lies for Jesus by assuming two opposing identities.

Bring me some overwhelming evidence of the same ilk of Darwin's Theory of Evolution and I will happily join you bulking up knee calluses on the boards of your Southern Baptist Baloney Church. Deal?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:42 am

Chapabel wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:49 pm
SEG wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:57 am
Claire wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:37 am
Such crap. And, here's a few reasons why;

Let's start with missing links, well multiple "missing links" have been found. They're not missing anymore i.e, Homo Erectus, Habilis, Australopithecus, and even the Denisovan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICv6GLwt1gM

Also, he leaves out that Geologists still believe in sedimentary forces and catastrophic, and those catastrophes were millions to billions of years ago...

We've had multiple major extinction events.

As for blood circulation, freaking Galen knew that. And, he made people believe in the 4 humours for centuries! Lol.

His entire post is just an army of strawmen!
Here's a rebut of just some of the junk science these guys spew;
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/101_evide ... e_universe
How quaint. Two peas in a pod rejecting the Bible. Nothing surprising there. Hey SEG are you going to be a man of your word and convert, or scurry away again claiming I failed to produce evidence? We all know that would be a lie because Dr. Snelling holds a PhD from one of your universities from down under. So what will it be SEG...conversion or scurrying?
Chapabel didn't address the above. Nothing surprising there.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:19 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 pm
Let me be crystal clear. This is what I actually wrote, as you are getting the impression I would be converting on the weakest shreds of evidence. I wrote this:
I would probably convert and pledge my allegiance to a superior being if the evidence was overwhelming - who wouldn't?
- so that doesn't include piss-poor evidence from a pseudo scientist that has an evangelical bent and lies for Jesus by assuming two opposing identities.

Bring me some overwhelming evidence of the same ilk of Darwin's Theory of Evolution and I will happily join you bulking up knee calluses on the boards of your Southern Baptist Baloney Church. Deal?
Ok, now let me be crystal clear. Your entire statement was as follows:
Yes, I would accept your evidence if you had scientific proof. I would probably convert and pledge my allegiance to a superior being if the evidence was overwhelming - who wouldn't?
You said you would accept my evidence if it had scientific proof. Well, I posted evidence with scientific proof from the Bible in the areas of astronomy, anthropology, biology and geology. Rather than address the evidence, you tried to discredit the author. Which, by the way, you failed to do. Regardless of the source, the scientific evidence I posted from the Bible is sound, irrefutable and indisputable. You recognized that so instead of trying to argue the facts, you deflect and began an attack on Dr. Snelling. Typical tactic of someone on the losing side of a debate.

I didn't expect you to convert just because I posted scientific facts from the Bible. What I wanted to do was expose your bias and hypocrisy. The people in Jesus' day saw the miracles He did and then turned around and asked Him for a sign to validate His claim of Divinity. They didn't believe Him for the same reason you don't believe Him. He doesn't fit into your beliefs. No amount of evidence I provide will ever be sufficient for you because the evidence doesn't fit into your beliefs. I will never accept your analysis or interpretation of evidence because it doesn't fit into my beliefs. I have no problem admitting that. You, on the other hand, have exposed your hypocrisy and pride in failing to admit your biases.

Now run along and play house with your little girlfriend.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:32 pm

Claire wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:42 am
Chapabel didn't address the above. Nothing surprising there.
You had the opportunity to debate me, but you chickened out because the stakes were too high for you. Until you're willing to lay it all on the line and debate me, I have no intention of addressing anything you post. Now run along and cozy up to your nonbelieving playmates.

SEG

Post by SEG » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:25 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Ok, now let me be crystal clear. Your entire statement was as follows:....

You said you would accept my evidence if it had scientific proof. Well, I posted evidence with scientific proof from the Bible in the areas of astronomy, anthropology, biology and geology. Rather than address the evidence, you tried to discredit the author. Which, by the way, you failed to do. Regardless of the source, the scientific evidence I posted from the Bible is sound, irrefutable and indisputable. You recognized that so instead of trying to argue the facts, you deflect and began an attack on Dr. Snelling.
Let's break it into chunks then and start off with the scientific evidence that Noah's Ark was an actual historic event· What have you got? This should be good...

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 pm

SEG wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:25 pm
Chapabel wrote:

You said you would accept my evidence if it had scientific proof. Well, I posted evidence with scientific proof from the Bible in the areas of astronomy, anthropology, biology and geology. Rather than address the evidence, you tried to discredit the author. Which, by the way, you failed to do. Regardless of the source, the scientific evidence I posted from the Bible is sound, irrefutable and indisputable. You recognized that so instead of trying to argue the facts, you deflect and began an attack on Dr. Snelling.
Let's break it into chunks then and start off with the scientific evidence that Noah's Ark was an actual historic event· What have you got? This should be good...
Are you asking for scientific evidence of Noah’s Ark or for a worldwide flood?

SEG

Post by SEG » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:40 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 pm
SEG wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:25 pm
Chapabel wrote:

Are you asking for scientific evidence of Noah’s Ark or for a worldwide flood?
Let's stick to Noah's Ark as the good doctor No.2 believes that too - or was it No.1?