Question for non-Christians.

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire

Question for non-Christians.

Post by Claire » Tue May 15, 2018 5:53 am

In regards to eternal salvation and damnation, there's many different views in the world. But, I want to specifically address two different kinds. Below are brief summaries.

(i) There's people like fellow forum member Chapabel who say those who do not place Faith in Christ, despite choosing to live and teach others to live a life of charity with love, will "bust down the gates of hell" after they die.

(ii) There's people like me who say that to place Faith in love is to place Faith in The Lord for He is love. And, where there's sincere Faith in Him, His saving Grace can be allowed through. And, if a person sincerely doesn't believe in the existence of The Lord, or sincerely believes another deity exists, as long as they have Faith in love, they're still placing Faith in The One True God in a sense, for He is love. Therefore, He would not turn away from them. Hell is a place for hate and evil, and someone who doesn't identify themselves as Christian, but chooses to live the kind of life Jesus instructed all people, isn't evil that's deserving of eternity with evil incarnate and his demons.

Which belief do you think is more likely out of the two if Heaven and Hell exist?
Last edited by Claire on Thu May 17, 2018 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

SEG

Re: Question for non-Christians.

Post by SEG » Tue May 15, 2018 7:24 am

Claire wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:53 am
Hell is a place for hate and evil, and someone who doesn't identify themselves as Christian, but chooses to live the kind of life Jesus instructed all people, isn't evil that's deserving of eternity with evil incarnate and his demons.

Which belief do you think is more likely out of the two if Heaven and Hell exist?
I were to believe in the existence of The Dark Lord, and have faith in love, The One True God would be Him in a sense. For He is not as murderous and intolerant as the other god. Therefore, He would be a Cool Guy to hang out with. Hell could be a place for fun that's deserving of eternity with Evil Incarnate and his Demons.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue May 15, 2018 7:54 am

Which belief do you think is more likely, mine or Chapabel's?

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Tue May 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Claire wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:54 am
Which belief do you think is more likely, mine or Chapabel's?
You're asking nonbelievers which "Christian" doctrine is the correct one? Really? :lol: If you were sure of your beliefs you wouldn't be asking atheists. Anathema.

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue May 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Do you honestly think whenever someone inquires about other's thoughts on a subject that means they're doubting their own beliefs?

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Claire wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:56 pm
Do you honestly think whenever someone inquires about other's thoughts on a subject that means they're doubting their own beliefs?
All you're doing is looking for support from others for your non-biblical beliefs. If you were only inquiring about non-believers belief, you wouldn't have given two options. You're just fishing for support and any support is good enough for you even if it comes from atheists.

Keep the Reason

Post by Keep the Reason » Tue May 15, 2018 8:32 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 pm
All you're doing is looking for support from others for your non-biblical beliefs. If you were only inquiring about non-believers belief, you wouldn't have given two options. You're just fishing for support and any support is good enough for you even if it comes from atheists.
Well, I can tell you all this. If there's a Hell, it must've frozen over because I agree with Chapster here. It does not read as a sincere ask, it reads as a fish for support.

Any non-believer would answer, "Neither. It's all BS." It would be like asking this:

1. King Kong has brown fur that parts from his left to his right, or...
2. King Kong has black fur that parts from his right to his left.

Which do you think is more likely to be true?

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue May 15, 2018 11:27 pm

I asked a hypothetical question. KTR, SEG, do you both refuse to answer it? If you don't want to that's fine.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 am

For crying out loud y'all better answer her foolish question or she'll continue to pester you.

Claire

Post by Claire » Wed May 16, 2018 12:35 am

Only if they were to say they did answer when they didn't.