Return of Subforums

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
NHBaritone

Return of Subforums

Post by NHBaritone » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:52 am

Hi, gang.

In the earlier (and now defunct) iteration of this discussion arena, there were a number of subforums where topics of particular interest could be discussed. These included:

Podcast (where discussions of the C&A podcast episodes took place)
General Discussion (where topics relevant to Christian & Atheist dialog took place)
Christians (where Christians only could talk about the issues they found most relevant)
Atheists (Ditto the above, for Atheists only)
Fellowship Hall (for socializing and personal connections)
Polls
Questions about the Hosts
Requests & Complaints

Has any thought or effort been put into recreating those separate areas?

I ask because as the originator of the old Freethought Funnies thread, I can say it could not have survived with the limited number of contradictory comments were it not placed in an Atheist-only part of the forum.
If you are debating, try to reach a conclusion. But if you are simply discussing, try to reach out to the other person.

SEG

Re: Return of Subforums

Post by SEG » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:22 am

NHBaritone wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:52 am
Hi, gang.

In the earlier (and now defunct) iteration of this discussion arena, there were a number of subforums where topics of particular interest could be discussed. These included:

Podcast (where discussions of the C&A podcast episodes took place)
General Discussion (where topics relevant to Christian & Atheist dialog took place)
Christians (where Christians only could talk about the issues they found most relevant)
Atheists (Ditto the above, for Atheists only)
Fellowship Hall (for socializing and personal connections)
Polls
Questions about the Hosts
Requests & Complaints

Has any thought or effort been put into recreating those separate areas?

I ask because as the originator of the old Freethought Funnies thread, I can say it could not have survived with the limited number of contradictory comments were it not placed in an Atheist-only part of the forum.
Yes, that would be good NHB, maybe it should be put to Emery, along with a request to preview videos like we used to.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.