The Faith Healers

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
SEG

The Faith Healers

Post by SEG » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:20 am

It looks like Christian faith healing is going through a revival. Has anyone seen The Delia Knox Story Testimony? My recent employee from Hillsong Church (again!) sent me this anecdotal "evidence", convinced it is the real deal. He is also a fan of Randy Clark, Benny Hinn and the Healing Testimony Bethel Church. Has anyone experienced a rising in Faith Healing?

I pointed him to The Faith Healers book from James Randi and the Derren Brown movie Miracles For Sale https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1950134/
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Humanguy

Re: The Faith Healers

Post by Humanguy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:46 pm

Saw a bit of the video, couldn't take anymore. I mean, come on. My diploma in quantum mechanics is more authentic. We'd be seeing it all over the media if this story was true, this and all the other "miracle healings." It's a cynical ploy to create a cult of personality around the "healer". It's strictly for suckers, and for the holy men who line their pockets with what they weasel out of them.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a situation where the official Christian church has called faith healing out for what it is: a hoax.

SEG

Re: The Faith Healers

Post by SEG » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:59 am

Humanguy wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:46 pm
Saw a bit of the video, couldn't take anymore. I mean, come on. My diploma in quantum mechanics is more authentic. We'd be seeing it all over the media if this story was true, this and all the other "miracle healings." It's a cynical ploy to create a cult of personality around the "healer". It's strictly for suckers, and for the holy men who line their pockets with what they weasel out of them.

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a situation where the official Christian church has called faith healing out for what it is: a hoax.
The problem is that it IS all over the media, just like OG's faith "healing" incident that has zip documented medical proof, only hollow assertions. At least with this phoney account, we get to see a TV appearance that can be actually found online instead of a wild claim that it appeared on Oprah without any corresponding dating or a video link.

Re Knox, she has never produced any medical evidence that she suffered a spinal injury, but she slips up in this video at around the 40 second mark where she says it was actually a head injury! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WugFmpSBRps
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.