"after-birth abortion"?

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Rian

"after-birth abortion"?

Post by Rian » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:38 am

Hey, I'm just running out the door, but I wanted to start this topic before I forget again -

what are people's thoughts about "after-birth abortion"?

Chapabel

Re: "after-birth abortion"?

Post by Chapabel » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:51 am

All abortion is murder. Period. But there is no such thing as “after birth abortion”. It’s called murder. And to murder an infant after birth is monstrous. Murdering an infant or even allowing the child to die violates the hyppocratic oath physicians take. Only creatures less than human would support such actions. It sickens me even thinking about it.

Rian

Post by Rian » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:07 am

Although I am probably more liberal than you (Chap) are on the legal issue of abortion, It blows my mind that some people would even consider that term - that's why I put it in quotes.

SEG

Post by SEG » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:47 am

Rian wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:38 am
Hey, I'm just running out the door, but I wanted to start this topic before I forget again -

what are people's thoughts about "after-birth abortion"?
if a disease has not been detected during the pregnancy or if something went wrong during the delivery, that the newborn would have constant unbearable pain and suffering with no or little hope of recuperation, then it should be considered.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

SEG

Post by SEG » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:56 am

Chapabel wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:51 am
All abortion is murder. Period. But there is no such thing as “after birth abortion”. It’s called murder. And to murder an infant after birth is monstrous. Murdering an infant or even allowing the child to die violates the hyppocratic oath physicians take. Only creatures less than human would support such actions. It sickens me even thinking about it.
What if the woman's life is in danger if the birth is continued? Don't forget that your god is the ultimate abortionist.

New Research Shows Most Human Pregnancies End in Miscarriage
MICHELLE STARR 1 AUG 2018
It's treated as a taboo subject, but miscarriages of pregnancy happen a lot.

Well according to a new paper, they happen a lot more than any of us may realise - even the women having them. The research has found that more than half of successful fertilisations will end in miscarriage.

The research, which has yet to be peer reviewed, was penned by evolutionary geneticist William Richard Rice of the University of California, Santa Barbara, and draws upon many previously conducted studies and health databases for a meta-analysis.

Previous research has found that somewhere between 10 and 20 percent, or as many as 1 in 4 known pregnancies end in miscarriage, also known medically as spontaneous abortion
...or God's murder according your own definition
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:18 pm

SEG wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:56 am
Chapabel wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:51 am
What if the woman's life is in danger if the birth is continued? Don't forget that your god is the ultimate abortionist.
With the advancement of medical science the possibility of a woman losing her life due to pregnancy is minuscule. People have latched onto that claim as an excuse to walk away from their responsibility. The other claim that has become the old, worn-out go-to in order to legitimize abortion is "Well what about rape or incest?" God is the Giver of life and He does not make mistakes. The child that may be unwanted by the woman is wanted by a family that can't have children on their own. So there is literally no excuse for murdering a child in the womb. NONE!

Now lets address your claim that God is the ultimate abortionist. God is God and has the authority and right to do as He sees fit with His creation. He is the Giver of life and He is the Taker of life. When He chooses to take that life is totally up to Him, and He does not owe you or anyone else an explanation.

So your entire argument for abortion is without basis and vile. Again, I say anyone who supports the murder of an innocent life is less than human.

Lich

Post by Lich » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:18 pm

A fetus cannot be classified as a life form until it reaches viability, therefore no, all abortion isn't murder. That is scientifically impossible.

That being said, once a fetus reaches viability(typically 24 weeks, give or take), it is indeed a life form, and abortions after that point should definitely legally be considered murder. After birth abortion isn't possible. Once the infant is born, it's no longer a pregnancy, therefore cannot be classified as an abortion. That is straight up manslaughter. I'm not sure how I feel about the suggestion SEG made, but it does seem like something to consider, if the conditions for the infant's life are unbearable.
Delusion is denial of reality, and reality is truth. If the truth offends you, guess what you are.

Lich

Post by Lich » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:18 pm
Now lets address your claim that God is the ultimate abortionist. God is God and has the authority and right to do as He sees fit with His creation. He is the Giver of life and He is the Taker of life. When He chooses to take that life is totally up to Him, and He does not owe you or anyone else an explanation.
Blind faith is truly a dangerous thing. When you live your life by a set of morals supposedly given by an omnibenevolent being, yet don't hold that being up to its own standards of morality, you truly divorce yourself from all sense of reason.
Delusion is denial of reality, and reality is truth. If the truth offends you, guess what you are.

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:04 pm

Chapabel wrote:So there is literally no excuse for murdering a child in the womb. NONE!
I agree.
Last edited by Claire on Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Lich wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:28 pm
Chapabel wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:18 pm
Blind faith is truly a dangerous thing. When you live your life by a set of morals supposedly given by an omnibenevolent being, yet don't hold that being up to its own standards of morality, you truly divorce yourself from all sense of reason.
I don't have blind faith. I am very familiar with the object of my faith. Death is the result of man's sin. Man chose death over life when he sinned. God has simply retained control of the timetable for man's death. Do you hold yourself accountable to God for your sins? If you refuse to accept responsibility for your sins, then you are in no position to challenge God when He exercises His authority concerning death.