Chapabel's Cowardice Towards His Church Policies/Staff Contact.

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire

Chapabel's Cowardice Towards His Church Policies/Staff Contact.

Post by Claire » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 am

Chapabel has given sharp, brief, vague explanations of his Church's position on new members and homosexuals. For example:
We welcome them to our services and activities but they cannot join our church because homosexuals are not saved. The only requirement to join our church is a clear testimony of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ. Gay people are not saved so they cannot join our church. And it all centers on salvation.
Because he claims to be the associate pastor of his Church, he's been asked for details, or to answer any of the many questions the policies of his Church raises. For example:
Why not conduct a screening regarding the sexuality of individuals who request Church membership, and verify their answer, when you admit there's a possibility a member could be discovered to be homosexual, in which case they would lose their membership, as well as be promptly removed from their position of authority if in one anyway? If the only requirement to be member of your Church is to have had a salvation experience, which according to you is yielding control of your life to Christ through repentance and surrender, do you grant membership without evidence for their claim? Or, do you verify their claim first?

Also, is it that an individual can be homosexual at the same time as being saved and born again, but not homosexual and a member of your Church? If yes, do they drop their homosexuality immediately upon having their salvation experience, or does the time frame differ with each individual? If the latter, and it's after becoming a member of your Church they're discovered to be homosexual, do they not only immediately lose their membership, and/or position, but their salvation as well? If yes, and if the time frame for dropping their homosexuality differs for each person, why would that happen? If not immediately, what's the cutoff time since homosexuals cannot enter Heaven, according to you? And, why would they lose their salvation over homosexuality if they became saved and born again while being homosexual? If they do lose their salvation, where's the Biblical support for homosexuality being the one sin that causes them to lose their salvation?
But, he shuts down and refuses to answer, only responding with trite excuses. For example:
I will not waste time trying to answer your questions because you are incapable of understanding the answers.
That is why you can’t understand our position because you, yourself, cannot give clear testimony of salvation.
So, I requested contact information for either the senior pastor, any of the deacons, or Sunday school teachers at his Church, in hopes of receiving answers to my questions from them. He refuses to that as well.

My problem with all of this is I consider a pastor of a Church to be somewhat of a public representative of it -- Chapabel even plans to be a missionary abroad. And, if it's their goal as Christians to invite people to the teachings of Christ and salvation, then they should be more open to providing information. Not only that, but if he truly had convictions in his beliefs, he should have no problem answering the inevitable questions that arise when he's preaching those beliefs.

Chapabel

Re: Chapabel's Cowardice Towards His Church Policies/Staff Contact.

Post by Chapabel » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:01 am

Hahaha, I’ve got another whole thread dedicated to me. I think this is the second one I’ve had. Does anyone else have their own thread?

Claire

Post by Claire » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:48 am

Chapabel wrote:Hahaha, I’ve got another whole thread dedicated to me. I think this is the second one I’ve had. Does anyone else have their own thread?
If another forum member asks the aforementioned questions, the ones you said you refuse to answer for me, or requests contact information for the staff of your Church, will you oblige them?
Last edited by Claire on Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:46 am

I’m pretty sure the other members understood my explanation of our church’s position regarding gays. But I would not give any contact information to anyone on this or any other online forum.

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:55 am

Chapabel wrote:I’m pretty sure the other members understood my explanation of our church’s position regarding gays. But I would not give any contact information to anyone on this or any other online forum.
If another forum member asks the aforementioned questions, the ones you said you refuse to answer for me, will you oblige them? And, as the associate pastor of your Church, what's your reason for prohibiting the public, specifically those on online forums, from accessing the staff?

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:29 am

Claire wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:55 am
Chapabel wrote:I’m pretty sure the other members understood my explanation of our church’s position regarding gays. But I would not give any contact information to anyone on this or any other online forum.
If another forum member asks the aforementioned questions, the ones you said you refuse to answer for me, will you oblige them? And, as the supposed associate pastor of your Church, what's your reason for prohibiting the public, specifically those on online forums, from accessing the staff?
I doubt any other member would ask a question that in any way was close to what you asked. The reason I won’t give out any information is because I really don’t know any of you people. I will not give out my wife’s contact info; my sons info; my daughters info or info for any friend of mine to someone on the internet. I won’t even give out my personal information. I don’t need internet loons stalking or harassing me.

Claire

Post by Claire » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:48 am

Chapabel wrote:I will not give out my wife’s contact info; my sons info; my daughters info or info for any friend of mine to someone on the internet. I won’t even give out my personal information. I don’t need internet loons stalking or harassing me.
You're not being asked to disclose contact information that's not work-related.

Claire

Post by Claire » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Chapabel wrote:I doubt any other member would ask a question that in any way was close to what you asked. The reason I won’t give out any information is because I really don’t know any of you people.
If another forum member asks the questions I did, will you oblige them? And, what's the difference between a stranger calling or walking into your Church off the street, versus a stranger on the internet, requesting contact information for your Church? Is your Church completely hidden from public view and access? Do you not advertise or even host a website for it?

Or, do you refuse to answer these as well?

captain howdy

Post by captain howdy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:51 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:01 am
Hahaha, I’ve got another whole thread dedicated to me. I think this is the second one I’ve had. Does anyone else have their own thread?
Oh, I can think of somebody. Although you have now taken the lead, 2-1.

As far as Claire demanding contact information from you, let her reveal her own contact information before she asks for somebody else's.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:21 am

captain howdy wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:51 pm
Chapabel wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:01 am
Oh, I can think of somebody. Although you have now taken the lead, 2-1.

As far as Claire demanding contact information from you, let her reveal her own contact information before she asks for somebody else's.
:lol: :lol: