Are You a True Believer?
Answer the questions below to see if you are a true believer in God. In each situation, you are allowed only one course of action. Pick the one that you would most likely follow if only allowed one choice.
1.You are deathly sick. You will
A. Have the most respected man of God pray over you.
B. Go to the doctor or hospital.
2. When your Christian friend dies you will
A. Say, “Damn it! Why couldn’t it have been my turn?”
3. You would prefer to spend next week
A. In heaven (one-way ticket)
B. In Hawaii (two-way ticket)
4. You are caught in the middle of a big lake when a storm comes up and the waves are starting to inundate your boat. You will:
A. Command the storm to stop in the name of Jesus.
B. Act like “ye of little faith” and put on your life jacket.
5. Thieves with guns are invading your home. You will
A. Command them to stop in the name of Jesus.
B. Call the police.
6. You need an expensive operation to save your life that is not covered by insurance, and a rich relative offers to pay for it. You will
A. Tell him to give the money to support God’s work, and you will be thrilled to meet Jesus sooner.
B. Accept the offer.
7. You are retiring and have saved up a substantial “nest egg”. You will:
A. Give it to the church to further God’s work and trust in God to take care of you.
B. Use it.
8. There is a new gene therapy derived from chimpanzees. The doctor tells you that this may cure your fatal condition because humans are closely related to chimpanzees. You will:
A. Deny the therapy, telling him that humans did not come from monkeys.
B. Accept the therapy hoping that we are closely enough related that it will be effective.
9. There is a large piece of ledge sticking up in the way of where you need to put the driveway into your new church building. You will
A. Use your faith “as the grain of a mustard seed” that casts mountains into the sea to dislodge it.
B. Hire a contractor to blast it away.
10. When you hear God’s voice calling you to burn to death your child as an offering to him you will
A. With the faith of Abraham do as he tells you.
B. Visit a psychiatrist.
Score ten percent for each time you answered “A”. What is your final score? 80%-100% — You are a true believer! 40%-70% — You might be more secular than you realized. 0%-30% — Admit it! You are a damned atheist, and get on with your life!