Attn: Rian.

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire

Attn: Rian.

Post by Claire » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:03 am

Rian wrote:Please get some help! You seem like a nice person, but you really need help. Please talk to your priest or someone at your church.
Rian wrote:Please pray about why everyone on this board and the past board, who has voiced an opinion about you, has said that you're impossible to talk with. I'm serious, and don't mean this as an insult. You really have a problem. When the opinion about you is 100% in agreement about this, I think it would be wise to take it to God in prayer, and to some wise friends for counsel.
Rian wrote:Please take what I said to prayer. God uses the people around us to give us input, and when the consensus on you (of people who have spoken on the subject) is 100% in agreement, that's a pretty strong indicator. Please take it to God in prayer, and to the saints if that's helpful to you (although I, too, am a saint, according to the Bible), and to some wise counselors (my Mom has a wonderful priest, I hope you know some good ones too, I'm sure there are many). I wish you well.
Rian wrote:Anyway, I'll repeat: please take what I said to prayer. God uses the people around us to give us input, and when the consensus on you (of people who have spoken on the subject) is 100% in agreement, that's a pretty strong indicator. Please take it to God in prayer, and to the saints if that's helpful to you (although I, too, am a saint, according to the Bible), and to some wise counselors (my Mom has a wonderful priest, I hope you know some good ones too, I'm sure there are many). I wish you well.
Rian wrote:Please get some help. Please talk to some counselors at your church.
Rian wrote:Anyway, I'll repeat: please take what I said to prayer. God uses the people around us to give us input, and when the consensus on you (of people who have spoken on the subject) is 100% in agreement, that's a pretty strong indicator. Please take it to God in prayer, and to the saints if that's helpful to you (although I, too, am a saint, according to the Bible), and to some wise counselors (my Mom has a wonderful priest, I hope you know some good ones too, I'm sure there are many). I wish you well.
Rian wrote:I hope you will get some help.
If you want me to consider bothering a priest, or mental health professional, please explain why you believe it's nearly impossible to have a discussion with me. Examples would help.

To see you present support for your claims would be a breath of fresh air.

Thank you.

Og3

Re: Attn: Rian.

Post by Og3 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:50 am

Claire, please take this as well-meant advice: When everyone is at odds with you, and you are at odds with everyone, it is unlikely that everyone is wrong and you are right. So hounding Rian the way that you have hounded Chapabel, and probably others, is not a productive thing for you to do.

My advice, kindly meant, is for you to evaluate whether your methods and strategies in life are helping you to achieve those goals. I work with both ministers and with mental health professionals. There is no stigma in consulting either, and I can assure that neither category will feel that you are "bothering them."

One of the mental health professionals where I work has a sign above her desk. It has a flow chart that says:

Are You happy? => YES = > Keep doing what you're doing.
................. => NO => Do you WANT to be happy? => YES = > Change something
............................................................ => NO => Keep doing what you're doing.

Rian seems to be inviting you to change something. I will concur with her that that might be good advice for you. Only you can decide.

Of course, consulting a minister or a mental health professional will only help you if you want to change. If your present strategies make you happy, then it is certainly your right to keep doing what you're doing. However, you cannot reasonably expect Rian or Chapabel or anyone else to participate in your behaviors. As you have the right to behave the way you do, they have the right not to participate. You may have noticed that I have been exercising that right for some time, and will continue to do so.

So, in closing, if you choose to change, please do consult a minister and/or a mental health professional. Your county health department or your local parish office can probably make referrals. There is no stigma in consulting either type of professional, just as there is no stigma in seeing an eye doctor (there isn't even a stigma in astigmatism).

Best of luck to you.
EGO TE ABSOLVO, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Claire

Post by Claire » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:27 am

Og3,

Regarding my use of the word "bothering", it was as in "to become concerned with". So, there's no worry about any stigma.

Rian, Chapabel, and others initiate/participate in discussions with me. I reasonably expect them to put effort into supporting claims they make.

Be well.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:07 am

Congratulations to Rian for getting her own thread. You are now a member of an exclusive club. There are only a few of us that have threads totally dedicated to questioning and mocking our beliefs. This is a well deserved honor for you Rian.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:10 am

Claire wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:27 am

Rian, Chapabel, and others initiate/participate in discussions with me. I reasonably expect them to put effort into supporting claims they make.
We do support our claims. You refuse to accept the explanation or you’re incapable of comprehending the explanation. As Og pointed out, the problem might lie on your end. Study on that.

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:02 am

Chapabel wrote:
Claire wrote:Rian, Chapabel, and others initiate/participate in discussions with me. I reasonably expect them to put effort into supporting claims they make.
We do support our claims. You refuse to accept the explanation or you’re incapable of comprehending the explanation. As Og pointed out, the problem might lie on your end. Study on that.
The only support you, Rian, and others lend to your arguments is usually half assed, and that's if you attempt at all. Especially you, Chapabel, because what you usually use for support is nothing more than reiterating that you believe x, then tell me I'm not a Christian, crazy, stupid, etc.

So, I can't say I've seen you put effort into supporting claims.

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:12 am

Chapabel wrote:Congratulations to Rian for getting her own thread. You are now a member of an exclusive club. There are only a few of us that have threads totally dedicated to questioning and mocking our beliefs. This is a well deserved honor for you Rian.
[saracasm]Yes, how dare I question beliefs on a debate forum.[saracasm]

Curious, which beliefs have I mocked and how?

Dazzle me and support this claim.

:popcorn:

Og3

Post by Og3 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:58 am

In the immortal words of Elsa from Frozen... "Let It Go, Let It Go...."
EGO TE ABSOLVO, and there's nothing you can do about it.

captain howdy

Post by captain howdy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:30 am

Og3 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:50 am
Claire, please take this as well-meant advice: When everyone is at odds with you, and you are at odds with everyone, it is unlikely that everyone is wrong and you are right. So hounding Rian the way that you have hounded Chapabel, and probably others, is not a productive thing for you to do.

My advice, kindly meant, is for you to evaluate whether your methods and strategies in life are helping you to achieve those goals. I work with both ministers and with mental health professionals. There is no stigma in consulting either, and I can assure that neither category will feel that you are "bothering them."

One of the mental health professionals where I work has a sign above her desk. It has a flow chart that says:

Are You happy? => YES = > Keep doing what you're doing.
................. => NO => Do you WANT to be happy? => YES = > Change something
............................................................ => NO => Keep doing what you're doing.

Rian seems to be inviting you to change something. I will concur with her that that might be good advice for you. Only you can decide.

Of course, consulting a minister or a mental health professional will only help you if you want to change. If your present strategies make you happy, then it is certainly your right to keep doing what you're doing. However, you cannot reasonably expect Rian or Chapabel or anyone else to participate in your behaviors. As you have the right to behave the way you do, they have the right not to participate. You may have noticed that I have been exercising that right for some time, and will continue to do so.

So, in closing, if you choose to change, please do consult a minister and/or a mental health professional. Your county health department or your local parish office can probably make referrals. There is no stigma in consulting either type of professional, just as there is no stigma in seeing an eye doctor (there isn't even a stigma in astigmatism).

Best of luck to you.
I fully expect her to keep doing what she's doing because bickering with people makes her happy. This is somebody who is willing to engage in sockpuppetry, lie about it when challenged and then lecture everybody else about integrity. What I don't understand is why people still try and engage her. If people would quit engaging her she would take her shtick elsewhere.

Claire

Post by Claire » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:09 am

captain howdy wrote:I fully expect her to keep doing what she's doing because bickering with people makes her happy.
I, too, fully expect myself to continue what I've been doing, which is calling people out when necessary, whether they engage with me or not.
captain howdy wrote:This is somebody who is willing to engage in sockpuppetry, lie about it when challenged and then lecture everybody else about integrity.
I created a sockpuppet account to observe how some of my arguments would be treated if they came from someone else. At one point, certain members expressed suspicion, and assumed it was me, which I denied for the aforementioned purpose. Then, Rian sent a PM describing how she discovered it was me, and stipulated she wouldn't reveal publicly in the unmoderated section, rather the moderated if I admitted to her privately? It has been years, so if any of that is incorrect, please correct, Rian, but the point is she offered a way for me to avoid embarrassment if I did x. I declined, admitted publicly myself, explained my reasoning, and apologized.

In addition, there are those who are imperfect, but are not ignorant of what's right and wrong. So, if we have any black mark against us should we never point out when someone else is in the wrong?