Attn: Rian.

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire

Re: Attn: Rian.

Post by Claire » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:11 am

Last edited by Claire on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

Rian

Post by Rian » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:47 am

captain howdy wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:51 am

That way lies madness, Rian. Take this up with a pastor. I recommend Chapabel.
:)

Claire

Post by Claire » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:58 am

Last edited by Claire on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

Rian

Post by Rian » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:14 am

captain howdy wrote:
Rian wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:57 pm
Thank you, Captain Howdy, for sharing how to put a person on ignore. I don't want to watch Claire's deluded logic with the asking for examples thing when we all know we've presented examples time and time again, which she then ignores. I'm betting she's going to go with something like "well, no one has given even a single example so there must not be any problem", when it's clear to everyone else that we've all given examples over and over which she ignores, so why do it again?
My pleasure. Be aware however that this feature only works when you are logged in; until then your troll shields are still down and her posts will still be visible.
Thank you for the warning. Reminds me of Star Trek - "full power to the shields, Scotty!" :D I'm rewatching the classic Trek episodes with the kids. Do you know there's actually a website that lists the episodes where Kirk's shirt is either torn or off entirely? :D (there's a lot of them!) :D

If anyone doesn't have Claire on ignore yet, please let me know if she has fulfilled my prediction:
Rian predicted and wrote:I'm betting she's going to go with something like "well, no one has given even a single example so there must not be any problem", when it's clear to everyone else that we've all given examples over and over which she ignores, so why do it again?

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:21 am

Rian claimed:
everyone on this board and the past board, who has voiced an opinion about you, has said that you're impossible to talk with.
we've all given examples over and over which she ignores
She hasn't presented evidence/reasoning for either claim, nor have anyone else.

Therefore, there's currently no reason for me to consider bothering a priest, or mental health professional.
Last edited by Claire on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:45 am

Rian wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:14 am
captain howdy wrote:
Rian wrote:
Thank you, Captain Howdy, for sharing how to put a person on ignore. I don't want to watch Claire's deluded logic with the asking for examples thing when we all know we've presented examples time and time again, which she then ignores. I'm betting she's going to go with something like "well, no one has given even a single example so there must not be any problem", when it's clear to everyone else that we've all given examples over and over which she ignores, so why do it again?
My pleasure. Be aware however that this feature only works when you are logged in; until then your troll shields are still down and her posts will still be visible.
Thank you for the warning. Reminds me of Star Trek - "full power to the shields, Scotty!" :D I'm rewatching the classic Trek episodes with the kids. Do you know there's actually a website that lists the episodes where Kirk's shirt is either torn or off entirely? :D (there's a lot of them!) :D

If anyone doesn't have Claire on ignore yet, please let me know if she has fulfilled my prediction:
Rian predicted and wrote:I'm betting she's going to go with something like "well, no one has given even a single example so there must not be any problem", when it's clear to everyone else that we've all given examples over and over which she ignores, so why do it again?
Indeed she has. And when someone posts, she reposts hers claiming no one has provided examples. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again...I don’t know if she’s trying to be cute or she really is that dense.

captain howdy

Post by captain howdy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:30 am

Rian wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:14 am
captain howdy wrote:
Rian wrote:
Couple of guys I know ruined Star Trek for me. One of them is a big husky fella and a bit of a wise-ass, the other one was a little guy who also had a tongue on him. The big guy has a VHS tape of some of the older episodes of Star Trek, and I said "Joe, I didn't know you're a trekkie!" and Joe replies with something like "Yeah, when I was younger I was." The little guy, Jose, was just watching the exchange silently, and then out of the clear blue he looks at Joe and says "Hnnh. I'd like to see them try and beam your big ass up!" I fell out laughing. Then I chime in with my version of Scotty frantically telling Capt. Kirk "Captain! I can't change the laws of physics! It's gonna blow!" I should probably mention that we were in a saloon at the time.
Rian wrote:If anyone doesn't have Claire on ignore yet, please let me know if she has fulfilled my prediction:
Oh it's confirmed. Always keep one thing in mind: trolls crave attention, and what we're doing right now is feeding her. We should probably do the opposite.

Love ya, Rian and hope you're feeling well!

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:24 am

Rian, you claimed:
...everyone on this board and the past board, who has voiced an opinion about you, has said that you're impossible to talk with.
You refused to present evidence claiming:
  • Evidence has already been presented
  • Evidence will be ignored
Following up a claim with claim(s) is a no-no.

Let's get back to basics on claims, evidence, and reasoning (CER):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCJacUvo778

Recap:
Step 1. Make claim(s)
Step 2. Follow up with evidence
Step 3. Provide reasoning

The trifecta of argument.

Claire

Post by Claire » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Chapabel, while I have created threads about certain members, you claimed they're dedicated to mocking their beliefs, without presenting evidence/reasoning:
There are only a few of us that have threads totally dedicated to questioning and mocking our beliefs.
So, you'd do well to watch the video as well.