Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Post by SEG » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:14 pm

Unlike many other religions, the three main Abrahamic religions(Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are paternal. Why not have a mother of God if you could have a father of God? Why not a daughter of God if you have a son of God? Why are females hidden in this supposed family?

The brothers of Jesus are well known, but we don't even know the numbers of the sisters, let alone their names. The offspring of Adam and Eve were both males too. Maybe because Eve was supposedly made entirely with male genes?

Why the suppression and invisibility of women?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1295
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Post by Claire » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:19 pm

SEG wrote:The brothers of Jesus are well known, but we don't even know the numbers of the sisters, let alone their names. The offspring of Adam and Eve were both males too. Maybe because Eve was supposedly made entirely with male genes?
Jesus didn't have biological siblings. And, Adam and Eve had sons and daughters -- see Genesis 5:4.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Post by SEG » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Claire wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:19 pm
SEG wrote:The brothers of Jesus are well known, but we don't even know the numbers of the sisters, let alone their names. The offspring of Adam and Eve were both males too. Maybe because Eve was supposedly made entirely with male genes?
Jesus didn't have biological siblings. And, Adam and Eve had sons and daughters -- see Genesis 5:4.
Ok, yes the Greek translation of "adelphoi"
could mean relation or cultic brother. Most non-Catholics think he had brothers, though.

My point is the named offspring were male and sisters aren't important enough to get named. There are also sons of God, but no daughters of God.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1295
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Post by Claire » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:00 am

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:The brothers of Jesus are well known, but we don't even know the numbers of the sisters, let alone their names.
Jesus didn't have biological siblings.
Ok, yes the Greek translation of "adelphoi" could mean relation or cultic brother. Most non-Catholics think he had brothers, though.
Your use of "brothers" and "sisters" was in regards to relations. Would you agree with others who think Jesus had biological siblings, if you believed He existed that is?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:The offspring of Adam and Eve were both males too. Maybe because Eve was supposedly made entirely with male genes?
And, Adam and Eve had sons and daughters -- see Genesis 5:4.
My point is the named offspring were male and sisters aren't important enough to get named.
Adam and Eve lived hundreds of years, producing numerous children over that time. Some, not all of their son's and daughter's names are cited, but two of their daughters, Azura and Awan, for example are mentioned in the book of Jubilees.
SEG wrote:There are also sons of God, but no daughters of God.
What do you mean exactly?

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Post by SEG » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:22 am

Claire wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:00 am
Your use of "brothers" and "sisters" was in regards to relations. Would you agree with others who think Jesus had biological siblings, if you believed He existed that is?
Who knows? That's like asking me if I think God had biological siblings, if I believed he existed
Adam and Eve lived hundreds of years, producing numerous children over that time. Some, not all of their son's and daughter's names are cited, but two of their daughters, Azura and Awan, for example are mentioned in the book of Jubilees.
Great, you have Pseudepigrapha as the source for fictional characters in what your former Arch Bishop George Pell called a myth.
SEG wrote:There are also sons of God, but no daughters of God.
What do you mean exactly?
"sons of God" exist in the Bible, but no "daughters of God".
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1295
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Post by Claire » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 am

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Your use of "brothers" and "sisters" was in regards to relations. Would you agree with others who think Jesus had biological siblings, if you believed He existed that is?
Who knows? That's like asking me if I think God had biological siblings, if I believed he existed.
Based on arguments for why Jesus had biological siblings, would you agree with those that think He did, if you believed Jesus existed that is?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Adam and Eve lived hundreds of years, producing numerous children over that time. Some, not all of their son's and daughter's names are cited, but two of their daughters, Azura and Awan, for example are mentioned in the book of Jubilees.
Great, you have Pseudepigrapha as the source for fictional characters in what your former Arch Bishop George Pell called a myth.
So, Arch Bishop Pell's mere belief it's a myth is support of that?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:There are also sons of God, but no daughters of God.
What do you mean exactly?
"sons of God" exist in the Bible, but no "daughters of God".
2 Corinthians 6:18.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Post by SEG » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:01 am

Claire wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 am
Your use of "brothers" and "sisters" was in regards to relations. Would you agree with others who think Jesus had biological siblings, if you believed He existed that is?
Probably not, for the same reason I don't believe he had normal family relations with his mother and father. He seemed robotic and loveless with no normal interactions.
Claire wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 am
So, Arch Bishop Pell's mere belief it's a myth is support of that?
Yes, I think so. If the former No 3 in charge of the organisation admits on national TV that a mythical sounding story is actually mythical, that's supportive to me. Also most biblical historians think that it is fictional too. Which makes you think whence come original sin and free will.
SEG wrote:"sons of God" exist in the Bible, but no "daughters of God".
Claire wrote:2 Corinthians 6:18.
No, actual daughters of God.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1295
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Post by Claire » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:51 pm

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Your use of "brothers" and "sisters" was in regards to relations. Would you agree with others who think Jesus had biological siblings, if you believed He existed that is?
Who knows? That's like asking me if I think God had biological siblings, if I believed he existed.
Based on arguments for why Jesus had biological siblings, would you agree with those that think He did, if you believed Jesus existed?
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Adam and Eve lived hundreds of years, producing numerous children over that time. Some, not all of their son's and daughter's names are cited, but two of their daughters, Azura and Awan, for example are mentioned in the book of Jubilees.
Great, you have Pseudepigrapha as the source for fictional characters in what your former Arch Bishop George Pell called a myth.
So, Arch Bishop Pell's mere belief it's a myth is support of that?
SEG wrote:Yes, I think so. If the former No 3 in charge of the organisation admits on national TV that a mythical sounding story is actually mythical, that's supportive to me. Also most biblical historians think that it is fictional too. Which makes you think whence come original sin and free will.
It's actually a myth just because he admitted it was on national TV, and is former "No. 3 in charge of the organization"? And, who are these Biblical historians?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:"sons of God" exist in the Bible, but no "daughters of God".
2 Corinthians 6:18.
No, actual daughters of God.
What of it?

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2034
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Post by SEG » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Claire wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:51 pm
It's actually a myth just because he admitted it was on national TV, and is former "No. 3 in charge of the organization"?
Glad you agree.
And, who are these Biblical historians?
Here's one:https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/dai ... n-genesis/
She also gives a good account on the evolution of Satan and how it was impossible that he was the serpent in paradise. The key word here is "evolution", that's why most biblical historians acknowledge that the story is fake news.

SEG wrote:No, actual daughters of God.
Claire wrote:What of it?
God doesn't have any, but has sons of God. Most gods have wives, daughters and even mothers, but not the Christian god. Why?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1295
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why isn't there a Mother or Daughter of God?

Post by Claire » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:35 pm

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Your use of "brothers" and "sisters" was in regards to relations. Would you agree with others who think Jesus had biological siblings, if you believed He existed that is?
Who knows? That's like asking me if I think God had biological siblings, if I believed he existed.
Based on arguments for why Jesus had biological siblings, would you agree with those that think He did, if you believed Jesus existed?
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Adam and Eve lived hundreds of years, producing numerous children over that time. Some, not all of their son's and daughter's names are cited, but two of their daughters, Azura and Awan, for example are mentioned in the book of Jubilees.
Great, you have Pseudepigrapha as the source for fictional characters in what your former Arch Bishop George Pell called a myth.
So, Arch Bishop Pell's mere belief it's a myth is support of that?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Yes, I think so. If the former No 3 in charge of the organisation admits on national TV that a mythical sounding story is actually mythical, that's supportive to me. Also most biblical historians think that it is fictional too. Which makes you think whence come original sin and free will.
It's actually a myth just because he admitted it was on national TV, and is former "No. 3 in charge of the organization"? And, who are these Biblical historians?
Glad you agree.

Here's one: https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/dai ... n-genesis/
She also gives a good account on the evolution of Satan and how it was impossible that he was the serpent in paradise. The key word here is "evolution", that's why most biblical historians acknowledge that the story is fake news.
What do I agree with? Where am I showing agreement?

Regarding the article you cited, at one point I read: "So to call something a myth—in this sense—does not necessarily imply that it is not true". Are Arch Bishop Pell, Shawna Dolansky, and "most Biblical historians" applying the word "myth" in the same way?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:"sons of God" exist in the Bible, but no "daughters of God".
2 Corinthians 6:18.
No, actual daughters of God.
SEG wrote:God doesn't have any, but has sons of God. Most gods have wives, daughters and even mothers, but not the Christian god. Why?
What exactly do you mean by the Christian God has sons, but no actual daughters? When you say the Christian God doesn't have a Mother, wife, and daughters, are you referring to God the Father or God the son?

Post Reply