Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
SEG

Re: Jesus the hypocrite should have thrown the first stone

Post by SEG » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:59 am

Claire wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:32 am
@SEG

Definition of "merciful": "bringing someone relief from something unpleasant". Do you agree?
Yes. So why did your god make up stoning laws instead of being merciful?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 am

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:@SEG

Definition of "merciful": "bringing someone relief from something unpleasant". Do you agree?
Yes.
Okay. Well, death, for example, is unpleasant. And, Jesus brought the adulterous woman relief from it in that moment, which is mercy. Do you agree?
Last edited by Claire on Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

SEG

Post by SEG » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:38 pm

So why did your god make up stoning laws instead of being merciful? Don't dodge!
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:44 pm

SEG wrote:

Yes.
Okay. Well, death, for example, is unpleasant. And, Jesus brought the adulterous woman relief from it in that moment, which is mercy. Do you agree?
SEG wrote:So why did your god make up stoning laws instead of being merciful? Don't dodge!
I'll answer, but I'm curious, how do you not already know why?

SEG

Post by SEG » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:34 am

Claire wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:44 pm
SEG wrote:

Yes.
SEG wrote:So why did your god make up stoning laws instead of being merciful? Don't dodge!
I dunno. Over to you.

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:41 am

SEG wrote:

Yes.
Okay. Well, death, for example, is unpleasant. And, Jesus brought the adulterous woman relief from it in that moment, which is mercy. I know you agree, but for some reason won't admit publicly. What you did say was He should'be put her to death, which wouldn't have been mercy.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
I dunno. Over to you.
So, you've been complaining about something you don't know why was made. And, rather than research on your own, you want me to explain for you. If I do that I'd be enabling your laziness.