Was St Paul a Closet Gay?

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
SEG

Was St Paul a Closet Gay?

Post by SEG » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:32 am

Interesting that the supposed creator of the homophobic Christian religion may have been a closet gay himself.
Paul-and-Peter-Homosexuals.jpg
Paul-and-Peter-Homosexuals.jpg (73.85 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Some facts suggest Paul was gay
Bishop Spong and others point out that a homosexual orientation would explain some mysteries about Paul’s life:

* Paul never married, which was unusual for a first-century Jew, but had a series of younger men as companions.

* He sometimes expressed negativity toward women and homosexual exploitation.

* Tormented by self-reproach, he pleaded with God three times in vain to remove an unspecified “thorn in my flesh” that troubled him. Some believe that “thorn” was attraction to other men. God’s answer, according to Paul, was to deny his request with the explanation, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

* Homosexuality might even help explain Paul’s cataclysmic conversion experience. He went from intensely persecuting Christians to becoming the most articulate leader of the very movement that he had tried to destroy. His vision of Christ left him stunned by the revelation that nothing could separate him from God’s love.
N.B. God is often referred to as a male.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

SEG

Re: Was St Paul a Closet Gay?

Post by SEG » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:32 am

SEG wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:32 am
Interesting that the supposed creator of the homophobic Christian religion may have been a closet gay himself.
When you think that he very rarely went anywhere with a woman and would rather hang with his "Chums" Barnabus and Timothy, even with his fav slave boy, Onesimus.

Here is some more evidence: "All Christian men should greet each other with a kiss" Rom 16:16 1 Cor 16:20 2 Cor 13:112
"Greet all the Brothers With a Holy Kiss" 1 Thes. 5:26

...and how suss is this?
It is Good For a Man Not to Touch a Woman.jpg
It is Good For a Man Not to Touch a Woman.jpg (92.87 KiB) Viewed 355 times
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Your glaring ignorance of both the Bible and first century Palestine are revealed in your attempt to besmirch Paul. Not only are you blitheringly ignorant, you are deceitful as well. Taking a portion of scripture completely out of context in an attempt to make it suggest something it doesn’t say is fraudulent. Congratulations on revealing your lack of knowledge and your guile.

SEG

Post by SEG » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:00 pm

How am I wrong? You seem to love your male god in the same manner. Would you feel comfortable greeting Paul with a kiss as he instructed?

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:33 pm

If you really wanted to know where you were wrong you would research it for yourself. No matter what I tell you, you will disagree so I won’t waste my time.

SEG

Post by SEG » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:27 am

Chapabel wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:33 pm
If you really wanted to know where you were wrong you would research it for yourself. No matter what I tell you, you will disagree so I won’t waste my time.
But I have researched it and you would have to admit that his fondness for male company and rejection of women makes him very suspicious. For him to write, "All Christian men should greet each other with a kiss" and "Greet all the Brothers With a Holy Kiss" were not instructions for heterosexuals. What's a holy kiss anyway? It seems to me to be a gay excuse to smooch other men! Not that there is anything wrong with that btw.

SEG

Post by SEG » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:43 am

Chapabel wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:33 pm
Guess who else would have frequented gay bars?

Source: https://www.queerty.com/jesus-was-gay-o ... n-20150706
Jesus Was Gay, Or “At The Very Least” Queer, Says Theologian

Jesus Christ has been plagued by gay rumors almost as often and as long as an Oscar-nominated Scientologist, but according to noted theologian and author Dr. Reverend Bob Shore-Goss, Magdalene and the Virgin weren’t the only Marys in town.

Shore-Goss spoke with Vice‘s Jules Suzdaltsev about Jesus’ inherent queerness and how people misinterpret the Bible’s view on homosexuality .

“For my own spirituality, I would love to jump into bed with Jesus,” Shore-Goss told Vice. I mean, same.

hunky jesus 2

Shore-Goss goes on to explain:

At the very least, Jesus was queer. He broke the rules of his culture, of heteronormativity. He subverted masculinities and gender codes in his culture. Queer doesn’t necessarily mean sexual orientation, but it can include that. St. Paul, I would say, would probably be described as a closeted homosexual today, but they didn’t have those words at the time.

The doc-rev argues that if Jesus was human than logically he was also sexual — whether that meant he was gay or bisexual. Some theories even point to Jesus being intersex or trans. Shore-Goss also posits that the Bible wasn’t homophobic — just misogynistic and a real stickler for gender norms:

There was no concept of sexual orientation, but there was a concept of gender. So, in the Bible, when a man sleeps with another man like with a woman, it’s an abomination. See, the emphasis is on a man betraying his status: He has feminized himself. So it’s a gender violation as opposed to a sexual violation. The code of masculinity is very strong in the ancient world. Now, homoerotic relationships in the ancient world are really common, especially in the Greek and Roman worlds.

Whether or not you buy this queer interpretation of the Messiah, Dr. Rev. Shore-Goss’ point is that Jesus doesn’t discriminate. He’s for everybody. Figuratively and literally:

Was Jesus a top or a bottom?
Versatile.

Les Fabian Brathwaite — hallowed be thy shade.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:07 am

You did zero research. You googled what you wanted to support your position and you went with that. Actual research would have revealed that greetings in Middle Eastern culture is with a kiss on the cheek. It is a custom still practiced in that part of the world today. And again, you post something from a blog as evidence. Blogs are not accepted as scholarly evidence Sport. I find it humorous that you willingly and blindly latch on to any and everything that disparages Christianity but you refuse to accept facts and opinions from actual scholars of the Bible. Neither Jesus nor Paul was gay. Period. Both condemned the practice as sinful. You can post your hate filled rhetoric all you want but it is impossible for you to prove something that did not happen. Discussion closed.

SEG

Post by SEG » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:34 pm

The only hate filled rhetoric here is your own. I believe in free love, and if Paul and Jesus wanted to kiss blokes, good luck to them. There is lots of evidence of both of them wanting to hang out with men and none of them wanting or desiring women. You can draw your own conclusions from that. I think that they protesteth too much.

SEG

Post by SEG » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Does anyone know any verse that had Paul or even Jesus desiring/liking any woman? This is a serious question.