God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
SEG

God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by SEG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:21 am

Revelation Checkmate.jpg
Revelation Checkmate.jpg (37.17 KiB) Viewed 1253 times
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

SEG

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by SEG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:54 pm

Maybe God has met his match? That would explain why he was too scared to hand out the death penalty.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:03 am

SEG wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:54 pm
Maybe God has met his match? That would explain why he was too scared to hand out the death penalty.
Stop it. You’re omission of all the facts is pathetic. Post Satan’s ultimate fate if there is a shred of honesty in you.

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:15 am

@ SEG

You should've quoted Rev 20 in full for proper context:

''20 And I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit, and a great chain in his hand. 2 And he laid hold on the dragon the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 And he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should no more seduce the nations, till the thousand years be finished. And after that, he must be loosed a little time.

4 And I saw seats; and they sat upon them; and judgment was given unto them; and the souls of them that were beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and who had not adored the beast nor his image, nor received his character on their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 The rest of the dead lived not, till the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection. In these the second death hath no power; but they shall be priests of God and of Christ; and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7 And when the thousand years shall be finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall go forth, and seduce the nations, which are over the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, and shall gather them together to battle, the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 8 And they came upon the breadth of the earth, and encompassed the camp of the saints, and the beloved city. 9 And there came down fire from God out of heaven, and devoured them; and the devil, who seduced them, was cast into the pool of fire and brimstone, where both the beast 10 And the false prophet shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

11 And I saw a great white throne, and one sitting upon it, from whose face the earth and heaven fled away, and there was no place found for them.

12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing in the presence of the throne, and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged by those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and hell gave up their dead that were in them; and they were judged every one according to their works.

14 And hell and death were cast into the pool of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life, was cast into the pool of fire''. (Rev 20)
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

SEG

Post by SEG » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:30 am

Both of you deliberately didn't address the OP. Why would God imprison/release Satan Instead of killing him? He happily killed innocent children, babies, pregnant women, disabled people and animals, why not knock him off early or better yet, not create him at all? Why imprison him, feed him and take care of him when he could have killed him with a snap of his fingers?

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:58 am

SEG wrote:Why would God imprison/release Satan instead of killing him?
In Rev. 20, John is describing a revelation of the future. There's more than one interpretation of this chapter, so if you're genuinely interested, you should first take the time to familiarize yourself with them.

And, if you think God should end Satan's existence entirely because he didn't make ideal choices, then you must think He should do the same to humans. Well, God hasn't done that to him, or you, or me, or anyone, because He respects our free will, but we won't escape justice either.
"He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from distress" -- Prov. 21:23

SEG

Post by SEG » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:41 am

Claire wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:58 am
In Rev. 20, John is describing a revelation of the future. There's more than one interpretation of this chapter, so if you're genuinely interested, you should first take the time to familiarize yourself with them.

And, if you think God should end Satan's existence entirely because he didn't make ideal choices, then you must think He should do the same to humans. Well, God hasn't done that to him, or you, or me, or anyone, because He respects our free will, but we won't escape justice either.
Lol! God won't kill Satan because he respects his free will! Do you you think that God loves and respects Satan and regards him the same way as humans? Why doesn't he respect the free will of angels and let them commit sin?

SEG

Post by SEG » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:24 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:03 am
SEG wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:54 pm
Stop it. You’re omission of all the facts is pathetic. Post Satan’s ultimate fate if there is a shred of honesty in you.
Letting a serial offender out of jail that is very likely to re-offend is extreme negligence on behalf of the jail keeper. They should have swapped places.

Claire

Post by Claire » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:41 pm

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:

Why doesn't he respect the free will of angels and let them commit sin?
Lucifer (Satan) was an angel, and as I said, God does respect his free will, just as He does of other angels, which means allowing them to use it as they choose. And, there were many angels who chose to, and chose not to follow Satan.

Additionally, the angel, Azariah, dictated to Maria Valtorta about Lucifer. She re-read the lesson later, meditated, and stopped short at the phrase: "Lucifer [was] not holy to the point of being all love." She expressed:
In the sublime concept that I have of the angels, I do not succeed in grasping how a spirit such as an angel is, would have been able to have anything lacking. My amazement before the sin of the angels has always been invincible! And, no one has ever given me an explanation that persuaded me as to how some of these spiritual beings had been able to sin, [when they were] created by the perfect Will of God in a creation in which the element of 'Evil,' not yet formed, was lacking, and who were contemplating the eternal Perfection, and That alone. And, now the phrase: "not holy [to the point] of being all love", stops me, stirring up anew my: "How can that be."
So, to help her understand, Azariah explained the following, and he goes into what we're talking about:
...I tell you that in the angels -- different in nature and perfection from all of you -- there is in the angels, as in you, free will. God has created no one a slave. In the beginning there was in creation only Order, but that Order does not exclude freedom. Rather in that Order is perfect freedom. To be exact, in such order there is not even the fear of an invasion, an intrusion, of the anarchy of other wills which could produce collusion and ruin that penetrate into the orbit, and trajectory of other beings, or created things. Thus, it was for the whole Universe, before Lucifer abused his own freedom, and with his own will put into himself the disorder of passions, so as to create disorder in that perfect Order. Had he been all love, he would have had no place in himself for anything that was not love. Instead, he had a place for arrogant pride which could be called: the disorder of the intellect.

Would God have been able to hinder this deed? Yes. But, why violate the free will of the most beautiful, most intelligent archangel? Would not He Himself, the Most Just, then have put disorder into His own ordered Thought? By no longer wanting what He had previously wanted: that is, the freedom of the archangel? God does not oppress a troubled spirit in order violently to place it in the impossibility of sinning. Lucifer's not sinning would then have had no merit. Even for us [angels] it was necessary 'to know how to want the Good', in order to continue to merit enjoying the vision of God, infinite Bliss!

As God had wanted this sublime archangel at His side in His first creative works, and wanted him to know about the future of His creation of love, so God wanted him to know the adorable, and sorrowful necessity that his sin would have imposed on God: the Incarnation and Death of a God to counterbalance the ruin from the Sin that would have been created should Lucifer not have conquered pride in himself. Love could not but speak this language. God's first annihilation is in this act of wanting to bend sweetly, gently, this proud [archangel]; and with the vision of what his pride would have imposed on God, almost imploring him not to sin, and thus bring others to sin. It was an act of love.

Lucifer, already become a Satan, took this act as fear, weakness and an insult, as a declaration of war. And he stirred up war against the Most Perfect, saying:

"You are? I also am. Whatever You made, it was for me You made it. There is no God. And, if there is a God, I am [he]. I adore myself. I detest You. I refuse to recognize as my Lord One Who does not know how to conquer me. You should not have created me so perfect if You wanted no rivals. Now I am and I am against You. Conquer me, if You can. But, I do not fear You. I, too, will create; and because of me Your Creation will tremble, for I will shake it like a shred of cloud caught by the winds. For I hate You and I want to destroy whatever is Yours, to create upon its ruins that which will be mine. I neither know nor recognize any other power outside of myself. And, I no longer adore, no longer adore, NO LONGER ADORE any other than myself."

Truly then in Creation, in all Creation, from the lowest [form] to the very depths, there was a horrendous convulsion from the horror of these sacrilegious words. A convulsion such as will not [again] be until the end of Creation. And, from it was born Hell: the kingdom of Hate.
My soul, do you understand how Evil was born? From a free will, and, being respected as such by God, from one who was not 'all love.' And, believe it: upon every fault which is committed from then on is this judgment: 'Here there is not all love.' Complete love forbids one to sin; and without any effort. He who loves does not toil to reach justice! Love carries him above all the mire and dangers, and from moment to moment purifies him from barely apparent imperfections that are still there in the last step of consummate holiness: in that state in which the spirit is so [far] developed as to be truly a king, already united by spiritual marriage to its Lord, enjoying but one step less than that which is the life of the blessed in Heaven: so much does God give Himself and reveal Himself to His blessed child.

Glory to the Father, to the Son, to the Holy Spirit.
Source: The Book of Azariah
SEG wrote:Do you think that God loves and respects Satan and regards him the same way as humans?
Those who choose to possess love can grasp and accept Love that's God. Satan, like many humans, choose not to, so they can't. And, what God respects about Satan and humans is our free will, so He won't violate it.

SEG

Post by SEG » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:27 pm

Ok, so God respects Satan. Does he love Him too?