God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Claire
Posts: 1349
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by Claire » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:15 pm

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:God gave angels and humans a free will. Using our free will isn't a sin (evil), rather we use our free will to do good or evil, and a free will isn't freedom from consequence.
Except that angels can't exercise any free will because they get kicked out, so it's not really free is it?
They can exercise their free will for reasons explained, but you can't comprehend what free will means, and I can't make you.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:But if they don't want to get kicked out, they can't exercise their free will! What's the use of having free will if you aren't allowed to exercise it? This is a phoney pseudo free will! God's gift of free will to the angels is a sham!
Already addressed, and you couldn't comprehend the information, and I can't make you.
Very poorly addressed...
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:In your view because you don't understand free will, etc.
I understand what's free and what is not free. If you have something and it's use is restricted, then it's not free.
I know you think you understand.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:It's obviously not free.
Oh, I heard you.
Yes, it can't be "free" will.
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:I heard you.
Good. You acknowledge the truth.
Whatever you say.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Cool.
K.
NP.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:K.
.
K.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by SEG » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:21 am

Nope, I won!
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1349
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: God Releases Satan Instead of Killing Him

Post by Claire » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:50 am

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:God gave angels and humans a free will. Using our free will isn't a sin (evil), rather we use our free will to do good or evil, and a free will isn't freedom from consequence.
Except that angels can't exercise any free will because they get kicked out, so it's not really free is it?
They can exercise their free will for reasons explained, but you can't comprehend what free will means, and I can't make you.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:But if they don't want to get kicked out, they can't exercise their free will! What's the use of having free will if you aren't allowed to exercise it? This is a phoney pseudo free will! God's gift of free will to the angels is a sham!
Already addressed, and you couldn't comprehend the information, and I can't make you.
Very poorly addressed...
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:In your view because you don't understand free will, etc.
I understand what's free and what is not free. If you have something and it's use is restricted, then it's not free.
I know you think you understand.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:It's obviously not free.
Oh, I heard you.
Yes, it can't be "free" will.
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:I heard you.
Good. You acknowledge the truth.
Whatever you say.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Cool.
K.
NP.
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:K.
.
K.
SEG wrote:Nope, I won!
Is that it?

Post Reply