Objective Evidence.

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
User avatar
SEG
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by SEG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 am

Claire wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:43 am

That makes you hypocritical.
We've been through all of this Claire. I have answered all of your questions. You have dodged mine repeatedly and we all know why.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by SEG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Moonwood the Hare wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Hey SEG, would this sum up your beliefs?
Here's my answers Moon, and I have even written my answers in for all you Christians too scared to answer below. Pretty helpful, eh?
1. All "things" that have "material presence".
We were talking about "gods" which you can't define. So they become a vague "thing" which YOU say they have NO material presence. I think "things" are so vague that they CAN have both a material and non-material presence. It would help your case a lot if they had a material presence so we could examine them.
2. Matter has a magical special "force" to manifest as what appear to be non material entities, such as minds.
Nope, minds are a description, not entities separate from the bodies.
entity
ˈɛntɪti/Submit
noun
plural noun: entities
a thing with distinct and independent existence.
3. You have no idea of what this force is or how matter can manifest as non-material entities, though you hope that one day science will show this to be true.
Nope. It hasn't been proven that any matter can manifest as non-material entities.
4. Your brand of materialism is special and true, unlike all the other false and untrue forms of materialism that only exist in the minds of people in earlier eras. You know that this is correct because some scientists say so and you believe that it is true, even if you have no scientific evidence to support it.
My brand of materialism is guided by the science of empirical evidence.

My Expected Answers By Christians to my Own Questions Regarding all Gods
1. They are "things" that have no material presence.
Answer: Yes, you are correct.

2. They have a magical special "force" to create material objects, even though they have no material themselves.
Answer: Yes, you are correct.

3. You have no idea of what this force is or how they create material objects, though you hope with faith that this is true.
Answer: Yes, you are correct.

4. Your god is special and true, unlike all the other false and untrue gods that only exist in the minds of heathens. You know that this is correct because it says so in your book of faith and you believe that it is true, even if you have no scientific evidence of it's existence or it's properties
Answer: Yes, you are correct on all counts. I have very silly beliefs, eh?
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Claire
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by Claire » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:19 am

SEG wrote:I have even written my answers in for all you Christians too scared to answer below.

My Expected Answers By Christians to my Own Questions Regarding all Gods

1. They are "things" that have no material presence.
Answer: Yes, you are correct.

2. They have a magical special "force" to create material objects, even though they have no material themselves.
Answer: Yes, you are correct.

3. You have no idea of what this force is or how they create material objects, though you hope with faith that this is true.
Answer: Yes, you are correct.

4. Your god is special and true, unlike all the other false and untrue gods that only exist in the minds of heathens. You know that this is correct because it says so in your book of faith and you believe that it is true, even if you have no scientific evidence of it's existence or it's properties
Answer: Yes, you are correct on all counts. I have very silly beliefs, eh?
Regarding those you said to me,
This is what I understand so far of what you are trying to explain about their so-called properties.
Now can you let me know whether this is a fair assessment of what you believe about your God and other gods?
Why did you bother to ask me whether that was a fair assessment to begin with since you already answered for me in your mind? It makes absolutely no difference what I say to you. Because of your bias you're not capable of making a fair assessment.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Give me an example of one thing that exists and can't be measured besides your god...
Well, dark matter and dark energy are the probably the two most obvious examples I can mention to you. All that we really know about dark matter is that it probably accounts for the most of the mass in the known universe. What it's made of i.e. what particles it can be made up of, or it's characteristics are unknown. And, even the amount of dark matter believed to exist is only really inferred through deduction and by observing it's affects on other objects within the universe.
Correct, which means it can be defined, observed and measured.
So, by not knowing anything about it's characteristics or make up it's somehow defined? And, not really knowing how much of it is out there, and what its actual mass is, or its various types if any that might have various unknown amounts of mass or weight means it's somehow been measured? That doesn't make sense. But, apparently it makes sense to you, so how does it?
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
SEG wrote:Could you even identify a reasonable and clear definition for God or Spirit if one was presented to you?
Yes I could.
What would a reasonable and clear definition be to you?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Something that is logical and not clouded by vagueness.
But, you quoted vague definitions for "Quantum Physics", "God Particle", and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge", and called them "well defined". So, why is a vague definition of God insufficient to you?
I suppose your definition is very vague in comparison for something that you think created the universe and communicates with humans.
You quoted vague definitions for "Quantum Physics", "God Particle", and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge", and called them "well defined". Yet, vague definitions for God are insufficient to you.

That makes you hypocritical.

Therefore, how does it make sense to you to tell me you could identify a reasonable and clear definition of God, which is something "logical and not clouded by vagueness", when you consider vague definitions for "Quantum Physics", "God Particle", and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge" "well defined"?

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by SEG » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:25 pm

We've been through all of this Claire. I have answered all of your questions. You have dodged mine repeatedly and we all know why.

If you have a crack at them I will reply. If you continue to dodge, this thread is finished.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Claire
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by Claire » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 pm

What are you talking about?

Claire
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by Claire » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:57 am

Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:I have even written my answers in for all you Christians too scared to answer below.

My Expected Answers By Christians to my Own Questions Regarding all Gods

1. They are "things" that have no material presence.
Answer: Yes, you are correct.

2. They have a magical special "force" to create material objects, even though they have no material themselves.
Answer: Yes, you are correct.

3. You have no idea of what this force is or how they create material objects, though you hope with faith that this is true.
Answer: Yes, you are correct.

4. Your god is special and true, unlike all the other false and untrue gods that only exist in the minds of heathens. You know that this is correct because it says so in your book of faith and you believe that it is true, even if you have no scientific evidence of it's existence or it's properties
Answer: Yes, you are correct on all counts. I have very silly beliefs, eh?
Regarding those you said to me,
This is what I understand so far of what you are trying to explain about their so-called properties.
Now can you let me know whether this is a fair assessment of what you believe about your God and other gods?
Why did you bother to ask me whether that was a fair assessment to begin with since you already answered for me in your mind? It makes absolutely no difference what I say to you. Because of your bias you're not capable of making a fair assessment.
If you have a crack at them I will reply.
It's stupid on your part to continue acting like you're interested in hearing what I have to say, when nothing I have to say would matter due to you having already answered for me in your mind.
SEG wrote:I have answered all of your questions.
Not these,
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Give me an example of one thing that exists and can't be measured besides your god...
Well, dark matter and dark energy are the probably the two most obvious examples I can mention to you. All that we really know about dark matter is that it probably accounts for the most of the mass in the known universe. What it's made of i.e. what particles it can be made up of, or it's characteristics are unknown. And, even the amount of dark matter believed to exist is only really inferred through deduction and by observing it's affects on other objects within the universe.
Correct, which means it can be defined, observed and measured.
So, by not knowing anything about it's characteristics or make up it's somehow defined? And, not really knowing how much of it is out there, and what its actual mass is, or its various types if any that might have various unknown amounts of mass or weight means it's somehow been measured? That doesn't make sense. But, apparently it makes sense to you, so how does it?
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:
SEG wrote:Could you even identify a reasonable and clear definition for God or Spirit if one was presented to you?
Yes I could.
What would a reasonable and clear definition be to you?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Something that is logical and not clouded by vagueness.
But, you quoted vague definitions for "Quantum Physics", "God Particle", and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge", and called them "well defined". So, why is a vague definition of God insufficient to you?
I suppose your definition is very vague in comparison for something that you think created the universe and communicates with humans.
You quoted vague definitions for "Quantum Physics", "God Particle", and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge", and called them "well defined". Yet, vague definitions for God are insufficient to you.

That makes you hypocritical.

Therefore, how does it make sense to you to tell me you could identify a reasonable and clear definition of God, which is something "logical and not clouded by vagueness", when you consider vague definitions for "Quantum Physics", "God Particle", and "Einstein-Rosen Bridge" "well defined"?

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by SEG » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:41 am

Claire wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 pm
What are you talking about?
Now for the sixth time, can you let me know whether this is a fair assessment of what you believe about your God and other gods?

1. They are "things" that have no material presence.
2. They have a magical special "force" to create material objects, even though they have no material themselves.
3. You have no idea of what this force is or how they create material objects, though you hope with faith that this is true.
4. Your god is special and true, unlike all the other false and untrue gods that only exist in the minds of heathens. You know that this is correct because it says so in your book of faith and you believe that it is true, even if you have no scientific evidence of it's existence or it's properties
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Claire
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by Claire » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:33 pm

.
Last edited by Claire on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Moonwood the Hare
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by Moonwood the Hare » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 pm

I thought I would give my ansers
SEG wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:41 am
1. They are "things" that have no material presence.
Yes. Though I am not sure what you mean. But if you mean that not everything is made of matter then yes.
2. They have a magical special "force" to create material objects, even though they have no material themselves.
No.
3. You have no idea of what this force is or how they create material objects, though you hope with faith that this is true.
No
4. Your god is special and true, unlike all the other false and untrue gods that only exist in the minds of heathens. You know that this is correct because it says so in your book of faith and you believe that it is true, even if you have no scientific evidence of it's existence or it's properties
No

User avatar
Moonwood the Hare
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Re: Objective Evidence.

Post by Moonwood the Hare » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Moonwood the Hare wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 pm
I thought I would give my answers
SEG wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:41 am
1. They are "things" that have no material presence.
Yes. Though I am not sure what you mean. But if you mean that not everything is made of matter then yes.
2. They have a magical special "force" to create material objects, even though they have no material themselves.
No.
3. You have no idea of what this force is or how they create material objects, though you hope with faith that this is true.
No
4. Your god is special and true, unlike all the other false and untrue gods that only exist in the minds of heathens. You know that this is correct because it says so in your book of faith and you believe that it is true, even if you have no scientific evidence of it's existence or it's properties
No

Post Reply