Why God's Love is a Joke

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Post Reply
User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by SEG » Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 pm

Where is all this promised love in the Christian religion? Jesus as portrayed in the Bible never had a normal loving relationship with his earthly family. He showed no love for his supposed biological father, mother, sister or brothers. It was the opposite, he showed total disdain. An actual, loving God would provide instant comfort and guidance to anyone that suffered and experienced pain. How often does this happen? Hardly ever.

Instead he allows people that have led good lives helping others that are less fortunate than themselves and choose not to believe because of the lack of evidence, into the lakes of fire for eternity. WTF?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by Claire » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:11 am

SEG wrote:Where is all this promised love in the Christian religion? Jesus as portrayed in the Bible never had a normal loving relationship with his earthly family. He showed no love for his supposed biological father, mother, sister or brothers. It was the opposite, he showed total disdain. An actual, loving God would provide instant comfort and guidance to anyone that suffered and experienced pain. How often does this happen? Hardly ever.
Joseph wasn't Jesus's biological father, nor did He have siblings, and the brothers He referred to at times were either directed at the male disciples, as in "brothers in Christ", or Joseph's nephews, James and Judas of Alphaeus, because they were close, etc. The "sisters", as in "sisters in Christ", referred to the women disciples of Jesus.

And, where in the Bible does it imply, or explicitly state Jesus "never had a normal loving relationship" with His family, and expressed "total disdain" for them?
SEG wrote:Instead he allows people that have led good lives helping others that are less fortunate than themselves and choose not to believe because of the lack of evidence, into the lakes of fire for eternity. WTF?
That's incorrect, unless you choose to think that'd be correct if God exists.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by SEG » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:25 pm

SEG wrote:Where is all this promised love in the Christian religion? Jesus as portrayed in the Bible never had a normal loving relationship with his earthly family. He showed no love for his supposed biological father, mother, sister or brothers. It was the opposite, he showed total disdain. An actual, loving God would provide instant comfort and guidance to anyone that suffered and experienced pain. How often does this happen? Hardly ever.
Claire wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:11 am
Joseph wasn't Jesus's biological father, nor did He have siblings, and the brothers He referred to at times were either directed at the male disciples, as in "brothers in Christ", or Joseph's nephews, James and Judas of Alphaeus, because they were close, etc. The "sisters", as in "sisters in Christ", referred to the women disciples of Jesus.
I'm fine with Jesus not having a biological father or siblings. I don't think that he had a biological mother either.
And, where in the Bible does it imply, or explicitly state Jesus "never had a normal loving relationship" with His family, and expressed "total disdain" for them?
It's in the context. Where does he express any love for his supposed earthly family or even respect his guardians?
SEG wrote:Instead he allows people that have led good lives helping others that are less fortunate than themselves and choose not to believe because of the lack of evidence, into the lakes of fire for eternity. WTF?
That's incorrect, unless you choose to think that'd be correct if God exists.
Yes, this is according to your beliefs, and my take on that.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by Claire » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:16 am

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Where is all this promised love in the Christian religion? Jesus as portrayed in the Bible never had a normal loving relationship with his earthly family. He showed no love for his supposed biological father, mother, sister or brothers. It was the opposite, he showed total disdain. An actual, loving God would provide instant comfort and guidance to anyone that suffered and experienced pain. How often does this happen? Hardly ever.
Joseph wasn't Jesus's biological father, nor did He have siblings, and the brothers He referred to at times were either directed at the male disciples, as in "brothers in Christ", or Joseph's nephews, James and Judas of Alphaeus, because they were close, etc. The "sisters", as in "sisters in Christ", referred to the women disciples of Jesus.
I'm fine with Jesus not having a biological father or siblings. I don't think that he had a biological mother either.
You said Jesus had a biological father and siblings, which I corrected, as well as that He had a biological mother, so I'm confused as to why you're suddenly saying He didn't, if He existed of course.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:And, where in the Bible does it imply, or explicitly state Jesus "never had a normal loving relationship" with His family, and expressed "total disdain" for them?
It's in the context. Where does he express any love for his supposed earthly family or even respect his guardians?
So, because you say you haven't seen how Jesus expressed love for His family, it automatically means He and they "never had a normal loving relationship", and He expressed "total disdain" for them? By that standard should I automatically think the same of you and yours, because I've never read anything about how you express love for them on this forum?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Instead he allows people that have led good lives helping others that are less fortunate than themselves and choose not to believe because of the lack of evidence, into the lakes of fire for eternity. WTF?
That's incorrect, unless you choose to think that'd be correct if God exists.
Yes, this is according to your beliefs, and my take on that.
You're confusing me with Chapabel. If God exists, do you choose to believe that belief Chapabel holds is correct, and all other Christian beliefs on this matter are incorrect?

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by SEG » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 pm

What do you consider is the best evidence for Jesus apart from the Bible? I don't think you have ever said there was any?
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by SEG » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:20 pm

Claire wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:16 am
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
Joseph wasn't Jesus's biological father, nor did He have siblings, and the brothers He referred to at times were either directed at the male disciples, as in "brothers in Christ", or Joseph's nephews, James and Judas of Alphaeus, because they were close, etc. The "sisters", as in "sisters in Christ", referred to the women disciples of Jesus.
I'm fine with Jesus not having a biological father or siblings. I don't think that he had a biological mother either.
You said Jesus had a biological father and siblings, which I corrected, as well as that He had a biological mother, so I'm confused as to why you're suddenly saying He didn't, if He existed of course.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:And, where in the Bible does it imply, or explicitly state Jesus "never had a normal loving relationship" with His family, and expressed "total disdain" for them?
It's in the context. Where does he express any love for his supposed earthly family or even respect his guardians?
So, because you say you haven't seen how Jesus expressed love for His family, it automatically means He and they "never had a normal loving relationship", and He expressed "total disdain" for them? By that standard should I automatically think the same of you and yours, because I've never read anything about how you express love for them on this forum?
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
That's incorrect, unless you choose to think that'd be correct if God exists.
Yes, this is according to your beliefs, and my take on that.
You're confusing me with Chapabel. If God exists, do you choose to believe that belief Chapabel holds is correct, and all other Christian beliefs on this matter are incorrect?
I think you are equally wrong and have never produced any verifiable evidence.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by Claire » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:59 am

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:Instead he allows people that have led good lives helping others that are less fortunate than themselves and choose not to believe because of the lack of evidence, into the lakes of fire for eternity. WTF?
That's incorrect, unless you choose to think that'd be correct if God exists.
Yes, this is according to your beliefs, and my take on that.
SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:You're confusing me with Chapabel. If God exists, do you choose to believe that belief Chapabel holds is correct, and all other Christian beliefs on this matter are incorrect?
I think you are equally wrong...
Chapabel believes anyone who's a non-Christian is going to Hell, solely for that reason -- there's other Christians who don't. They can't all be correct regarding this. So, if God exists, based on what you know and understand, would you agree with those like him or no?
SEG wrote:What do you consider is the best evidence for Jesus apart from the Bible? I don't think you have ever said there was any?
I'm sure I have over the years, but I'll go over it again, and get back to you.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by SEG » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:30 am

Claire wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:59 am
Chapabel believes anyone who's a non-Christian is going to Hell, solely for that reason -- there's other Christians who don't. They can't all be correct regarding this. So, if God exists, based on what you know and understand, would you agree with those like him or no?
No, they are I think you all are equally wrong
SEG wrote:What do you consider is the best evidence for Jesus apart from the Bible? I don't think you have ever said there was any?
Claire wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:59 am
I'm sure I have over the years, but I'll go over it again, and get back to you.
Cool, I'll be waiting.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Claire
Posts: 1034
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by Claire » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:17 am

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:Chapabel believes anyone who's a non-Christian is going to Hell, solely for that reason -- there's other Christians who don't. They can't all be correct regarding this. So, if God exists, based on what you know and understand, would you agree with those like him or no?
No, they are I think you all are equally wrong.
If God exists, would you agree with the Christians who believe anyone who's a non-Christian is going to Hell, and the Christians who think otherwise are incorrect? This is called a hypothetical question.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why God's Love is a Joke

Post by SEG » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:50 am

Claire wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:17 am
If God exists, would you agree with the Christians who believe anyone who's a non-Christian is going to Hell, and the Christians who think otherwise are incorrect? This is called a hypothetical question.
If Pachamama (Wife of Virachocha and mother of Inti and Mama Quilla) exists, would you agree with the Pagans who believe anyone who's a non-pagan is going to meet Mictēcacihuātl, and the Pagans who think otherwise are incorrect? This is called a dumb question.
Premise One: If a compassionate God exists, then he would do things just as a compassionate person would.
Premise Two: God doesn't do things as a compassionate person would.
Conclusion: Therefore, a compassionate God does not exist.

Post Reply