Question For Christians

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
SEG

Re: Question For Christians

Post by SEG » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:27 pm
SEG wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:10 pm
Wrong. I don't chose not to believe in him just like I don't chose not to believe in Indian bad spirits. They don't register and there is no reason for them to.

Hell doesn't scare me like it scares you because I wasn't scared into it as a minor by adults that went through the same process
The fact that you deny choosing to not believe shows you are either out of touch with reality or you’re a liar. Hell doesn’t scare me either because I’m saved.
You sound just like a loud mouthed Christian who was behind us in a queue to a floatboat (seaplane) yesterday. He proclaimed, "You can obey God's will, or you can suffer the consequences." Baptists must get schooled in projecting False Dilemmas. You would have LOVED to be on his cruise ship, it was full of Christians getting Gospel music piped to them 24/7 as they cruised to holy land destinations - Yecch!
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:37 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm

You sound just like a loud mouthed Christian who was behind us in a queue to a floatboat (seaplane) yesterday. He proclaimed, "You can obey God's will, or you can suffer the consequences." Baptists must get schooled in projecting False Dilemmas. You would have LOVED to be on his cruise ship, it was full of Christians getting Gospel music piped to them 24/7 as they cruised to holy land destinations - Yecch!
I probably would have enjoyed it. I love Gospel music. I’m just now learning to like some of the contemporary stuff: Big Daddy Weave; Toby Mac; Mandisa; Jamie Grace. Good stuff

Claire

Post by Claire » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:40 am

Claire wrote:
Chapabel wrote:There’s only two reasons I can see why you refuse to debate me. First you do not believe your theology is sound enough to stand up to my beliefs. Second, you doubt the integrity of the other posters on this forum to render a fair and impartial judgment. Especially the nonbelievers. Either way you have lost all credibility here. You have just proven yourself to be a fake, a phony and a fraud. You neither trust your beliefs nor the integrity of other posters here.

Do not bother responding to any of my posts from here on out. You lost the privilege of being recognized here.
We already know what each other's beliefs are regarding salvation. We've been debating for years, and my beliefs on the subject have stood up to yours from the beginning to present day. I layed mine out again, and once again supported by the Bible;
The Lord Himself is love.
...God is charity. (1 John 4:16)

The Lord's sacrifice, which was done out of love, gave each human being the opportunity to dwell in Heaven.
In this we have known the charity of God, because he hath laid down his life for us... (1 John 3:16)

The Lord commands people to love.
A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another,... (John 13:34)

Love isn't just good vibes or the absence of hate. How do we love?
...as I have loved you, that you also love one another. (John 13:34)

Having sincere love is required to successfully do the will of God.
Let all your things be done in charity. (1 Corinthians 16:14)

Let love be without dissimulation. Hating that which is evil, cleaving to that which is good. (Romans 12:9)

People who successfully do His will show Him love and are loved by Him.
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them; he it is that loveth me. And he that loveth me, shall be loved of my Father: and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:21)

People who successfully do His will are born of Him and know Him.
And by this we know that we have known him, if we keep his commandments. (1 John 2:3)

Dearly beloved, let us love one another, for charity is of God. And every one that loveth, is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not, knoweth not God: for God is charity. (1 John 4:7-21)

People who successfully do the will of God will join Him in Heaven and be rewarded.
...he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 7:21)

But, as it is written: That eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him. (1 Corinthians 2:9)

So, is living a life of sincere love Biblical, and can it lead people to dwell in Heaven for eternity? 100%. You can continue to claim it's unbiblical, evil, and satanic, but those Bible verses are what I've been saying.
Did you bother to explain how what I said above is unbiblical, evil, and satanic like you've claimed? No, and we both know you can't. So, what'd you do instead? Slap me across the face with a glove and demand a formal duel, even though we've already been fighting over this for years, as if the outcome for you might magically change...

You are the one who requested a formal debate where the other forum members, being primarily atheist, declare which belief
on salvation -- yours or mine -- is correct, and the loser is to leave the forum and never return.

You are the one who considers atheists ignorant of Biblical truth, lack the capability of understanding it, and distinguishing between who's truly Christian and who's not.

I have an example. Your words in response to KTR,
I find it amazing that you, a non-Christian, feel qualified to tell me, an active Christian, who is and is not a real Christian.
Yet, you are calling them qualified to declare which Christian belief on salvation is correct because they "don't like either of us", and therefore can be impartial. I explained why that doesn't make sense, hence why a formal debate would be redundant, according to your beliefs.

No rebuttal from you.

On top of that, when I asked atheists on this forum a hypothetical question in regards to you and I's views on salvation you said,
You're asking nonbelievers which "Christian" doctrine is the correct one? Really? :lol: If you were sure of your beliefs you wouldn't be asking atheists.
You're just fishing for support and any support is good enough for you even if it comes from atheists.
Since you want the other forum members, who are mostly atheist, to judge our beliefs on salvation, and decide which is correct, I asked you if that means you're unsure of your beliefs and are fishing for support.

You didn't answer because you don't want to face your hypocrisy. Right, Mr. Imcredible?

THEN, I asked you who's going to stop you or me from coming back to the forum, and who's going to enforce that if the loser decides not to leave, should I accept the deal -- and spoiler alert readers; he didn't answer this either. Classic Chap.

"Plead the Fifth" may as well be your motto.

Now, as I've said before, on the old forum I explained my reasons for being against forum formal debating, regardless of subject matter and who I am debating against. Even if I was the type of person who wasn't, and I agreed to discuss our beliefs on salvation in that setting, no matter who the other members vote in favor of, it wouldn't change anything. Other than who would continue to be here, and that's even if such a consequence is reinforced.

In conclusion, I find it difficult to take your accusation "...you've lost all credibility here" seriously when you've never had credibility to begin with,
i.e unashamed lies, backtracking, hypocrisy, deflecting, misrepresenting, on and on.

It's Friday, I'm sure you've got to get started working on your next misleading sermon.
Chapabel wrote:Don't even go there Claire. I gave you every opportunity to openly debate an issue we disagree on in a simple, direct manner on a single thread rather than gathering bits and pieces from various threads. But you refused. You chickened out because the stakes were too high. I was willing to walk away if members decided you were the winner. I am a man of my word and I would have permanently left this forum, but you weren't willing. You proved you have no faith in your soup-sandwich theology nor in the integrity of other members of this forum to render a fair judgment. You are the one who took the fifth and proved to everyone how little you trust your own theology. If you don't trust your beliefs to keep you on this forum, how can you possibly trust them to keep you out of Hell?

You can prance around all you want to claiming I refuse to answer your crazy questions, but remember, I gave you an opportunity to debate me and have me leave this forum forever if you were successful in showing your beliefs were more correct than mine, but you weren't Christian enough to stand firm on what you believe. This is my last direct post to you Claire. Anathema!
I struck a nerve. Lookit you desperately grasping at straws...

Ok, let's get this ball rolling.

First off, yeah, I don't have faith in my theology. That's why I've clung to it for years...

Now, we've already discussed salvation in a direct manner on a single thread. While it wasn't in a formal debate setting, we've still debated and rehashed this topic again and again for years. And, having a formal debate most likely wouldn't suddenly make you or I right or wrong. Instead, it would allow you to get away without having to address your contradictions and evolution of your theology. This is just one of the reasons why I'm against forum formal debating, because when I debate people I like to keep track of that person's arguments. Then, hold them accountable if/when they contradict themselves.

Next, I personally do not doubt the judgment of other forum members regarding our debate. Again, I was pointing out how ridiculous it is for you to act like you would accept their judgment based on your previous statements -- which I've quoted in my previous post. This is a good example of how I am able to point to actual statements you have made, while you bluster and make baseless accusations.

As far as you being a man of your word, that's exactly what a liar would say. But, besides that point, I also don't actually want you to leave this forum. I don't feel the need to make my opponents disappear just because we disagree on something. And, I do not feel like giving into the demands of an adult man throwing a hissy fit because he doesn't get his way.

We've shared our beliefs on salvation and debated over it. You've tried to show I'm wrong, and all I can say is;

Go back to the drawing board.
Chapabel wrote:I love Gospel music. I’m just now learning to like some of the contemporary stuff: Big Daddy Weave; Toby Mac; Mandisa; Jamie Grace. Good stuff.
Bap jam;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LyFUoDOI8o

Claire

Post by Claire » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:46 pm

SEG wrote:You sound just like a loud mouthed Christian who was behind us in a queue to a floatboat (seaplane) yesterday. He proclaimed, "You can obey God's will, or you can suffer the consequences.''
People like that mean well but it's not an approach many, if not most, gravitate to.

SteveEpperson

Post by SteveEpperson » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:34 am

For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. 1 Peter 2:15

give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

SEG

Post by SEG » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:14 am

Chapabel wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:14 pm
I believe every forum member can examine our positions concerning Christian salvation and determine which of us has presented the best case. The looser walks away from this forum and never returns. For the last time Claire, do we have a deal?
What's a "looser"?

A looser is a loser who can't spell "loser".
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:54 pm

He spelled that word correctly in another post,
The forum members will decide who wins the debate. The loser walks away from this forum permanently. Deal?
So, it's not that he doesn't know how to spell it, SEG. People mistype from time to time.

SEG

Post by SEG » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:50 am

Claire wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:54 pm
The forum members will decide who wins the debate. The loser walks away from this forum permanently. Deal?
So, it's not that he doesn't know how to spell it, SEG. People mistype from time to time.
Except that he did it deliberately out of ignorance.
See how does it TWICE on this page: http://www.achristianandanatheist.com/P ... d283#p1786

He is being hypocritical yet again as he used to correct Simply Me all the time for spelling and grammatical errors.

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:27 pm

SEG wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:50 am

It can't be deliberately out of ignorance. It has to be one or the other...deliberately or out of ignorance. There is another option you have overlooked: accidental. I have recently began posting from my phone. The letter keys are much smaller and sometimes I fat-finger the keyboard. The auto-correct kicks in and I overlook what is automatically inserted. If I am guilty of anything it's not proofreading before I post. If that is the most damaging issue you can find against me, then I'm not too concerned. Actually, I'm really not concerned about any issue you may have with me because I know I'm right with the Lord.

Claire

Post by Claire » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:09 pm

SEG wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:50 am
Claire wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:54 pm
See how does it TWICE on this page: http://www.achristianandanatheist.com/P ... d283#p1786

He is being hypocritical yet again as he used to correct Simply Me all the time for spelling and grammatical errors.
He clearly knows how to spell "loser" as I showed you. So, it wouldn't make sense for him to know how to spell it, then deliberately not spell it correctly. You're just looking for a problem where there isn't one.