Share Your Good Stuff

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
Keep the Reason

Re: Share Your Good Stuff

Post by Keep the Reason » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:36 pm

So I just saw a damned good little horror movie called JeruZalem that connects Old Testament mythology with the zombie horror genre, plus some "Cloverfield" (eyewitness POV) as well, and has quite a few really great moments. It's a little slow after the opening, but stick with it.

You'll lick your ah-pockey-lips!

Rian

Post by Rian » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:53 pm

Keep the Reason wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:13 pm
Rian wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:45 pm
Keep the Reason wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:47 pm
My story is long (I know, as usual).

Leaving Los Angeles after 35 years...
And here I was looking forward to meeting you for coffee sometime since I finally moved back to LA! ;) When are you moving? (seriously, maybe we should try - I've meet several online friends). Great news about the job! Congrats! I've never been to Michigan. Aren't you from NY originally? If so, you'll be a lot closer!
Loading up and moving on July 5.

Yeah, originally from NY. Much closer. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe on the coffee-- I am really swamped with a new job and have these last few weeks booked for work, moving stuff, and saying goodbye to old places and friends. Where are you in LA?

I will be coming back though, wife will be keeping her job here and she'll fly back once a month so I'll come sometimes, esp. in winter.
Sorry we didn't make the coffee date, and hope your move went well! Maybe we can meet when you come back in the winter; better coffee weather anyway.

SEG

Post by SEG » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:28 pm

Humanguy wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:59 am
We've got a new drummer and he's a total grooving badass! I couldn't make it all the way through his audition, I said, "Man, you're going to play drums in this band dammit."
Hey HG, the seaplane was awesome! They have a black blues band on our cruise ship (Nieuw Amsterdam) called the BB King Blues Band. They play some funk too, but it's lost on me.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Humanguy

Post by Humanguy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:35 pm

SEG wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:28 pm
Hey HG, the seaplane was awesome! They have a black blues band on our cruise ship (Nieuw Amsterdam) called the BB King Blues Band. They play some funk too, but it's lost on me.
Ha!

Humanguy

Post by Humanguy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:01 am

We're playing a 90 minute show at ###########. It's a pretty big deal and we're equal to the task, and our rehearsal recordings sound great. It's good stuff!

SEG

Post by SEG » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:39 am

Glad to hear that HG! Go hard man!
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Humanguy

Post by Humanguy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:28 pm

Thanks, SEG. We'll kick it alright.

stacie cook

Post by stacie cook » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:51 pm

Not too much exciting going here, but I did turn 40 a couple weeks ago.
I love colorful stuff. My ‘gift’ to myself was to go to Party City and buy all kinds of colorful decorations. I’ll try to load some pics....
Uploading a pic for my avatar is way more complicated than it should be....

stacie cook

Post by stacie cook » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Ugh.... I can’t get pics to load on here very well. You will just have to use your imaginations.
Picture Rainbow Brite and Punky Brewster together. Ha. :)
Uploading a pic for my avatar is way more complicated than it should be....

Humanguy

Post by Humanguy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Here I am playing harp in my new blues band!