Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
SEG

Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by SEG » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Here are some common lies that a lot of Christians spruik to prop up their faith and convince themselves that they alone carry the truth:

The Earth is only 10,000 years old.
The Bible has no contradictions.
Evolution is only a theory and has not been proved.
Our nation is one founded on Christianity
Prayers work.
Homosexuality is unnatural and a choice.
The Bible does not support slavery.
Christianity did not steal Xmas and Easter from the pagans.

Obviously there are a lot more lies that they spread and this is common in other religions too. Why do they need to lie if they think their religion is based on truth ?
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Chapabel

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by Chapabel » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 pm

It would only be lying if we really didn’t believe it. Since most Christians believe pretty much everything you posted, we aren’t lying.

Humanguy

Post by Humanguy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Chapabel wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 pm
It would only be lying if we really didn’t believe it. Since most Christians believe pretty much everything you posted, we aren’t lying.
You believe the earth is only 10,000 years old?

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Possibly. There are a couple of theories about that. Since God created Adam as a fully grown man, He could have just as easily created an earth that appears millions of years old. Another possibility is the earth is millions of years old and had been destroyed by a flood prior to the account given in Genesis. Maybe there’s another explanation. Regardless, of the age of the earth, it has no affect on my relationship with God or my salvation.

Claire

Post by Claire » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:47 pm

SEG wrote:You believe the earth is only 10,000 years old?
Based on what we've come to discover about the Earth I would say no.
Chapabel wrote:Since God created Adam as a fully grown man, He could have just as easily created an earth that appears millions of years old.
If that was the case, what do you think would've been the purpose behind God making the Earth appear to be millions of years old?

Humanguy

Post by Humanguy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:08 am

Chapabel wrote:Since God created Adam as a fully grown man, He could have just as easily created an earth that appears millions of years old.
For what purpose?

Chapabel

Post by Chapabel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:17 am

Humanguy wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:08 am
For what purpose?
I don’t know. I’m just saying some have suggested that as a possibility. Like I said, it has no impact in my relationship with the Lord, so it’s not a subject that i spend much time on.

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:39 am

Chapabel wrote:
humanguy wrote:
For what purpose?
I don’t know. I’m just saying some have suggested that as a possibility.
Do you think it's a possibility?

Humanguy

Post by Humanguy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:46 am

Chapabel wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:17 am
Humanguy wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:08 am
For what purpose?
I don’t know. I’m just saying some have suggested that as a possibility. Like I said, it has no impact in my relationship with the Lord, so it’s not a subject that i spend much time on.
"Some" have suggested it as a possibility? Why do you care what "some" say, you have the Bible, no? If the Bible is the true description of the universe, why would you place any importance on what "some have suggested?"

Claire

Post by Claire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:21 am

Yeah, any universe theories from the mouths of non-Biblical figures shouldn't even be entertained according to Chapabel's beliefs.