Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Create a topic and discuss! No subject is off limits, but moderators have the right to remove asshat posts. What's an asshat post? Selling stuff, trolling, harassing--the usual stuff you don't want to see either. Happy posting!
User avatar
SteveEpperson
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:06 am

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by SteveEpperson » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:26 am

God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Numbers 23:19

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by SEG » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:49 am

Claire wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:47 pm
SEG wrote:You believe the earth is only 10,000 years old?
Based on what we've come to discover about the Earth I would say no.
You have misquoted me, but nevertheless I find your answer surprising. Are you saying that the lineage quoted in the Bible from Adam to Jesus is false?
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by SEG » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:50 am

SteveEpperson wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:26 am
God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Numbers 23:19
Huh? Please explain.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by SEG » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:56 am

Chapabel wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 pm
It would only be lying if we really didn’t believe it. Since most Christians believe pretty much everything you posted, we aren’t lying.
If I can provide strong evidence that any of those statements are bona fide, would you accept that and admit you are wrong in your belief?
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

Claire
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:25 am

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by Claire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:00 am

SEG wrote:
Claire wrote:
SEG wrote:You believe the earth is only 10,000 years old?
Based on what we've come to discover about the Earth I would say no.
You have misquoted me, but nevertheless I find your answer surprising. Are you saying that the lineage quoted in the Bible from Adam to Jesus is false?
How did I misquote you?

User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by Chapabel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:07 pm

SEG wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:56 am
Chapabel wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 pm
It would only be lying if we really didn’t believe it. Since most Christians believe pretty much everything you posted, we aren’t lying.
If I can provide strong evidence that any of those statements are bona fide, would you accept that and admit you are wrong in your belief?
Would you? I have provided strong evidence in the past to support my faith but you still reject my beliefs. But, go right ahead and present your “evidence”.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by SEG » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:22 am

Claire wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:00 am
How did I misquote you?
Here:
SEG wrote:You believe the earth is only 10,000 years old?
Claire wrote:Based on what we've come to discover about the Earth I would say no.
That was HG, not moi.
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
SEG
Posts: 572
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by SEG » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:52 am

Chapabel wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:07 pm
SEG wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:56 am
Chapabel wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 pm
It would only be lying if we really didn’t believe it. Since most Christians believe pretty much everything you posted, we aren’t lying.
If I can provide strong evidence that any of those statements are bona fide, would you accept that and admit you are wrong in your belief?
Would you? I have provided strong evidence in the past to support my faith but you still reject my beliefs. But, go right ahead and present your “evidence”.
Yes, I would accept your evidence if you had scientific proof. I would probably convert and pledge my allegiance to a superior being if the evidence was overwhelming - who wouldn't?

My question to you is, if I provided scientific proof of evolution and the Earth being way older by the order of millions years old, would you accept it? Or are you stuck in your belief system as a YEC?
“There are no known non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any historian or other writer of the time during and shortly after Jesus's purported advent.” His so-called life was a farce.

User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by Chapabel » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:18 pm

SEG wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:52 am
Yes, I would accept your evidence if you had scientific proof. I would probably convert and pledge my allegiance to a superior being if the evidence was overwhelming - who wouldn't?
Really? Ok, here is scientific evidence that the Bible is correct from Dr. Andrew A. Snelling who holds a PhD in geology from the University of Sydney.
ASTRONOMY: The Bible claims the universe had a beginning. Philosophers and scientists rejected that claim for over two thousand years, but now astronomers believe the universe had a beginning, the so-called big bang (though with a very different time frame).
Stars are innumerable (Genesis 22:17; Jeremiah 33:22)
Stars differ in glory (1 Corinthians 15:41)
Stars follow a predictable pattern (Jeremiah 31:35)
Earth is round, not flat (Isaiah 40:22; Psalm 103:12)
Earth hangs on nothing (not built on pillars) (Job 26:7)
Scientific evidence of a young universe:
1) Spiral galaxies
2) “Missing” supernova remnants
3) Short-lived comets
4) Moon moving away from Earth

ANTHROPOLOGY: The Bible claims that all humans are “one blood” descended from one man and one woman (Acts 17:26; 1 Corinthians 15:45; Genesis 3:20). Some nineteenth-century biologists argued that different races descended from lower animals, but today genetics has verified that there is only one human race.

BIOLOGY: The Bible claims that God created animals “after their kind.” Nineteenth-century biologists argued that animals evolved from other, very different animals, but today biology confirms that creatures reproduce within their own kind.
Blood circulation (Leviticus 17:11)
Scientific evidence of a recent creation:
1) DNA programming for irreducibly complex protein sequences
2) Lack of missing links in the fossil record
3) Dinosaur blood vessels in fossils

GEOLOGY: The Bible claims that God destroyed the earth and the creatures inhabiting it in the worldwide Flood. Nineteenth-century geologists argued that rock layers and the fossils found in them were formed as sediments were deposited slowly, but today geology confirms that many rock layers were deposited catastrophically, burying fossils within only minutes or hours.
Water cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7; Isaiah 55:10)
Sea currents (Psalm 8:8)
“Fountains of the deep broken up” (Genesis 7:11)
Scientific evidence of a young earth:
1) Continents erode too fast
2) Too much mud on the sea floor
3) Too much sodium in the ocean
4) Too rapid decay of earth’s magnetic field
When should we schedule your baptism?

User avatar
Chapabel
Posts: 491
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Why Some Christians Need to Lie

Post by Chapabel » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:08 pm

SteveEpperson wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:26 am
God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Numbers 23:19
Correction: Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

If you're going to quote scripture, get it right.

Post Reply