How did you become a Christian

Into statistics? Curious what everyone else thinks? Then start a poll here.

As a Christian which description best describes you

I Considered the validity of the Bible, I came to the conclusion that it made sense, then I had faith in God and the bible.
9%
I Had Faith in God and the Bible first, then considered the validity of the Bible in the light of this
55%
Figures in authority told me about the validity of the Bible which I accepted then I had faith in God and the Bible
36%

Total votes : 11

Postby koin4life » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:08 am

I have actual never read The Chronicles of Narnia so I don't really know too much about it.

The interesting thing about this debate, (as far as I know) is that the judges were not Christians. So, they did judge based on the strengths of the arguements. I think they said for the losing side, he used the same arguement over and over again, but he never seemed to actually make it any better the whole time, while the Christian had many more good arguements, but he used too much of his time quoting others instead of explaining his position more. Now, this is about as slim of a description as possible I think.
koin4life
veteran
veteran

Postby ihavesunburn » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:08 am

dabid wrote:I think I have to admit that I am some strange kind of christian. I feel more at home with open-minded atheists than most christians I have met.
I am on a quest to prove to myself that the Bible God is real, loving and reasonable.

i'm with you on this. i wish i could find some in nashville.
ihavesunburn
new recruit
new recruit

Previous

Return to Polls