Prostitution

Into statistics? Curious what everyone else thinks? Then start a poll here.

Should prostitution be legalized?

Yes, prostitution should be legalized.
36%
Prostitution should be legalized, but taxed heavily and highly regulated.
27%
Prostitution should be decriminalized, not legalized.
18%
Prostitution should be neither decriminalized nor legalized.
6%
I support legalization, but it should be left up to the states.
3%
I don't support legalization, but it should be left up to the states.
6%
Undecided.
3%

Total votes : 33

Re: Prostitution

Postby Kub » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Simplyme wrote:
Dr M and Sponge - What I'm trying to point out is that sex is something beautiful, and something shared between people that love each other

I disagree. I've had sex where there was no love involved. Just simple pleasure. And it was a lots of fun. Your confusing sex with love...........

You might not have loved that person, but I'm willing to bet you were sexually attracted to them and desired to have a little fun with them. ( of course I'm just guessing)
Exodus 14:14
" The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Kub
resident
resident

Affiliation: a sinner who loves Jesus :)

Postby Simplyme » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Kub wrote:
Simplyme wrote:
Dr M and Sponge - What I'm trying to point out is that sex is something beautiful, and something shared between people that love each other

I disagree. I've had sex where there was no love involved. Just simple pleasure. And it was a lots of fun. Your confusing sex with love...........

You might not have loved that person, but I'm willing to bet you were sexually attracted to them and desired to have a little fun with them. ( of course I'm just guessing)

Very sexually attractive to the individual. And fun indeed.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Postby Rian » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Dr M - You misunderstood me - I wasn't saying that sex HAD to be shared between people that love each other. I was saying that it's something that IS shared between people that love each other. I know that people that don't love each other can have sex, but in general, it's something that people that love each other want to share together.

And I DO understand the similarities between athletes and prostitutes; in fact, I said I understood it several times. I don't know how you missed it, but I guess you did. However, although I see the similarities, I also see a very important difference, that of the very close relational aspect of sex as opposed to just an athletic game, and I hope you see that difference, too.

GTG now - I'm having surgery quite soon now, I'll explain in a thread because I might not be back.
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Previous

Return to Polls