Should dattaswami be banned?

Into statistics? Curious what everyone else thinks? Then start a poll here.

(1) No. I am interested in the spiritual knowledge.
13%
(2) No. I am a devotee who wishes to learn and practice the divine knowledge in my life.
No votes
(3) No. I need dattaswami to get enlightened.
13%
(4) All of the above.
No votes
(5) Yes.
75%

Total votes : 8

Postby JustJim » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:53 am

Just curious....
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, refuses to go away...."
JustJim

Affiliation: Agnostic Atheist

Postby whoosanightowl » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:29 pm

And the sooner the better. In fact, I think all the topic headings which he started should be removed as well, but that's just my opinion.
Alice:`There's no use trying, one can't believe impossible things.'
Queen:`...you haven't had much practice, When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
whoosanightowl

Affiliation: atheist

Postby spongebob » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:13 am

I think Datt is the most spiritually connected swami of the godly realm for which the cow jumped over the moon and brids sing with their song lifted to heaven for which no air of consciousness can proclaim his....ah, bullshit. Dump him!
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
spongebob

Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Postby Emery » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Okay guys, unlike God, I believe in second chances after death (assuming being deactivated on a message board is like death). Had a little chat with Dattaswami, and he says he understands the problem, and has requested to be reinstated. So I'm going to let him back in, but if he (you, Dattaswami, if you're reading this) starts flooding us with posts again, then the deactivation will be permanent. I figure this still puts me morally ahead of the Christian God, as I have opted for annihilation, as opposed to eternal torment.

:wink:
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea. - Sir Francis Bacon
Emery

Affiliation: Atheist

Postby Poemind » Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:20 am

I look forward to seeing if he can restrain himself. He is sometimes good for a good laugh, when you can bear to read his ramblings.
"My goal is to try to get people into a state of generalized agnosticism, not agnosticism about God alone, but agnosticism about everything."Robert Anton Wilson
Poemind
resident
resident

Postby JustJim » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:45 am

Isn't it interesting that there's one person on the forums who feels he/she needs dattaswami in order to become enlightened? If I had to guess, I'd go for spongebob, but you never can tell.... :D
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, refuses to go away...."
JustJim

Affiliation: Agnostic Atheist

Postby narsil » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:37 am

I find more value in the teachings of Daniel Jackson than that the mighty Datta ;)
narsil
veteran
veteran

Affiliation: Christian Geek

Postby Atheist37 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:52 pm

Banished from Ascension? I had no idea. You're right, I'll bet he has a lot of wisdom to impart, if he ever gets his memory back.
Atheist37

Postby Norton » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:15 pm

So let me get this straight Emery... If he doesn't play by the rules and show you respect, then you'll ban him from our presence forever. Very interesting...

:)

Norton
Norton
veteran
veteran

Postby Emery » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:53 pm

Nice try, Norton. Don't think that I can't see the false analogy you're trying to set up. But, you're free to try, just don't hurt yourself too much :wink:
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea. - Sir Francis Bacon
Emery

Postby Poemind » Tue May 01, 2007 5:20 am

Right Emery, unless Norton is trying to say that outside this forum one can hear weeping and wailing and the gnashing of teeth. That indeed, banishment from this forum is akin to eternal punishment of the most horrific kind.

Hmmm...

You know, I like posting here a whole bunch, but I don't think that my life would be totally ruined should you banish me. But like Emery said, 'Good Try!'
"My goal is to try to get people into a state of generalized agnosticism, not agnosticism about God alone, but agnosticism about everything."Robert Anton Wilson
Poemind
resident
resident

Return to Polls