Dr. Who

Tired of talking about religion? Need a smoke break? Want some potluck? Then head on over to the Fellowship Hall and talk about anything you want.

Re: Dr. Who

Postby Stacie Cook » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Okay, Okay....
I am now on Season 5. Sad to see David Tennant go, but I am definitely liking Matt Smith. I liked David Tennant but did not like the whole Rose/Doctor romance thing going on. I didn't get it. I found it a bit creepy in fact. Maybe due to the age seeming difference, not to mention the actual age difference ;). Why Rose and not Sarah Jane Smith?
Anyway, liking Season 5 so far. I am on the weeping angels episode. Those things are still creepy. I would be happy to never hear of the Daleks again, but I get thhe sense that they are a recurrring enemy.

On another note, I don't desire to visit Great Britain so much anymore.... especially on Christmas Day. ;)
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Postby Stacie Cook » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:39 am

I forgot to mention...
One of the things I really like about David Tennant is how he is able to show how much the Doctor is amazed by humans and how much the Doctor likes humans. I think it offers a glimpse of how God sees us. I often find it hard to imagine how God could love us humans. Watching Doctor Who helps me to see a small glimpse of how God loves us.
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Postby Stacie Cook » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:23 am

So, I am now on Season 7.

Loved Season 6 and finding out more about River Song. I love the Amy/Rory companionship.
Loving Mr. Weasley, er, uh, Rory's dad in Season7. The Dinsoaurs in Space episode was awesome.
This doctor is definitely my favorite. It's the witty yet silly one-liners. Matt Smith does a great job.
Stacie Cook

Postby Moonwood the Hare » Thu May 05, 2016 1:14 pm

Just wanted to make sure Who fans know about this
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-05-05/russell-t-davies-a-midsummer-nights-dream-a-stunningly-bold-and-risky-reimagination-for-the-doctor-who-generation
Russell T Davies has used the Dr Who effects team to re-imagine Shakespeare.
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
Moonwood the Hare

Affiliation: Christian - pretty traditional

Postby Rian » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:25 pm

In honor of the rapidly-approaching Dr Who Christmas special ...

I don't remember if I've posted this before, but I just came across this again and it's really fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM

"all those endless gravel quarries ... " :D :D
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby Rian » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:02 am

The kids (20 and 21!) and I liked the Christmas special a lot! Just a lot of quick, funny little jokes, and my daughter actually applauded the bit at the end where she puts the superhero costume on him (don't want to give it away, but that should clue you enough what I'm talking about) .
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Postby Stacie Cook » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:30 pm

I haven't watched the Dr in a while. I am waiting for the season to be over first. :)
Stacie Cook

Postby Rian » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:24 pm

And the new doctor is : Jodie Whittaker! The first woman doctor. I think I'll like her - I was worried that they would pick a woman just to be on trend, but I'm kinda like her...

Rian

Previous

Return to The Fellowship Hall