I love this.........

Where atheists can talk among themselves, and about those pesky Christians.

I love this.........

Postby Simplyme » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:11 am

Do we really have to argue about logic with individuals like this?

I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Re: I love this.........

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:30 pm

hahahahahaaaaa... The guy with the chair was great.

Some people are amazingly weak-minded. I don't get their wiring at all.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby Simplyme » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:50 pm

Even when I was a xtian......I never acted like this. I did though envy(sadly) those that did. Those where tough times.

Is that not something???? I envied them because I believed that they were all more blessed then me, in having the faith to be allowed to be filled with the spirit. I always thought there was something wrong with me.......I am glad that I finally figured out what was wrong with me.......I was not as gullible as they were.
I find it rather amusing, when thought of as ignorant or stupid(though I can be on many subjects). Especially by those who believe in a deity up in heaven watching our every move, and rewarding or punishing us after we have expired.
Simplyme

Postby Keep The Reason » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:08 pm

I did some holy-rollering and spoke in tongues but afterwards I always questioned myself why I did it. I'll start a thread as to some recent discoveries in the Gen Disc section.
To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby Simplyme » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:11 pm

Looking forward to it
Simplyme

Postby spongebob » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Never took part in this myself, but there were always a lot of Pentecostals around where I've lived and they do this all the time. I knew one very well for a while back in high school and was always amazed at the differences between his religion and mine (Baptist). Most Baptists I knew then looked down on Pentecostals as uneducated both in secular things and in the Bible. It was true that at that time almost all of them that I knew of were either farmers or low level laborers with no higher education, but they were extremely dedicated to their faith and beliefs and were generally very good people with a lot of generosity. When I think back on them now, the differences between the two don't seem that great.
Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones.
~Bertrand Russell

:spongeb:
spongebob

Affiliation: Humanist - Bright

Postby searchengineguy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:29 am

Simplyme wrote:Do we really have to argue about logic with individuals like this?
No wonder they are so easy to fleece.
Frisbeetarianism: is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.
- George Carlin.
searchengineguy

Affiliation: Strict Atheist

Return to Atheists