Passion Of The Christ.

Where Christians can talk among themselves, and about those Godless atheists.

Passion Of The Christ.

Postby Clare » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:03 am

Has anyone ever seen the movie Passion of the Christ? That movie had a big impact on a lot of people. This movie was very powerful and I believe Mel Gibson was led through it all. The lives that were touched because of it lifts my faith even more. I think he did a wonderful job. Below are just a few of the miracles that were experiences on set and off.

What's particularly interesting is the way God seems to be working in
incredible ways through miraculous situations on the set. "There is an
interesting power in the script," Gibson notes. "There have been a lot
of unusual things happening on this set, good things like people being
healed of diseases, a couple of people have had sight and hearing
restored, another guy was struck by lightning while we were filming the
crucifixion scene and he just got up and walked away. There was even a
little six-year-old girl (the daughter of a person connected with the
crew) who had epilepsy since she was born and had up to 50 epileptic
fits a day. She's doesn't have them anymore for over a month now." He
marvels at how this movie has effected or touched most of the cast in
some deep and personal way. "And they really give you a lot of hope.
It's like wow! I mean, we're not kidding around about this. It's really
happening." - Mel Gibson

"BOISE, Idaho — Mel Gibson's, The Passion of the Christ, is continuing to throw up miracles. The
latest miracle reported comes from Boise, Idaho, after William "Bud" Tugley and his wife, Mildred,
went to see the movie. "We were just leaving the theater when the demons that have been in Bud
for years were cast out of his body," reported his wife." Bud has been a bastard for as long as I've
known him and now he is a caring loving husband. Thank the Lord for Mel Gibson!" she said.
The miracle caused quite a stir as the demons erupted from Mr. Tugley mouth and slithered all
over the theater.

"They seemed to be searching for another soul to infest, but folks were giving us a pretty wide berth,"
Mrs. Tugley said."If you knew Bud before this happened, you probably got the sh*t beat out of you at one
time or another," she went on. " He ran the local militia around here and I don't know anyone that wasn't
scared sh*tless of him. Now he wants to go to church services

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1080803/posts

http://the-mystical-side-of-god.webs.co ... racles.pdf
Clare

Affiliation: Catholic

Re: Passion Of The Christ.

Postby mitchellmckain » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:27 pm

Clare wrote:Has anyone ever seen the movie Passion of the Christ?

Yes I have seen it twice.
Out of Skull for the Stars My first book is now available on Amazon.com
mitchellmckain

Affiliation: Christian

Postby Clare » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:00 am

Awesome. Me too and it's very powerful. I'm not surprised in the least that many cast members, crew and viewers experienced what they did.
Clare

Postby Baz86 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:10 pm

I actually repented in the movie theatre and was saved while watching it. The sin suddenly felt like a weight on me, like someone turned up the gravity, I could feel it plain as day. I felt so much grief for my sin and my inability to compensate for it but I felt Jesus washing me clean and pointing my attention to his cross on the screen. That was back in 2004.
Baz86
recruit
recruit

Postby Clare » Tue May 05, 2015 11:24 pm

Baz86 wrote:I actually repented and was saved in the movie theatre while watching it. I felt so much grief for my sin and my inability to compensate for it but I felt Jesus washing me clean and pointing my attention to his cross on the screen. That was back in 2004.

Wow, that's beautiful and a very powerful and personal moment in your life between you and Jesus. Thank you for sharing. :]

I read other testimonies where people left the theater completely changed too. The Lord's hand was in the making of that movie and I'm glad Mel and all those involved were open to Him. There was a woman Anne Catherine Emmerich and she saw visions of the Last Supper and the Agony in the Garden, as well as Jesus' arrest, scourging, and crucifixion. Mel's movie Passion of the Christ were her visions of everything that happened put on film. When I watched the movie I felt something different. There have been many movies on Jesus's death and each one still powerful but with Mel's I felt something different. It was like I was watching exactly what had happened and that was before I even knew about the visionary. Reading about all the lives of people changed on set from having their own little experiences with the Lord too is amazing. The Lord is very present in this day and age.
Clare

Postby Baz86 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Thnx Clara~

I didn't know that about the visions. That's amazing.

The film possesses an undeniable amount of purity. So loaded.

I actually want to make Bible comics since I dabble in cartoons. I've had this passion for comic art since I was a kid. I actually ask God to help me get their designs and personalities as accurate as possible since he was around to see them all.

My version of Eve

Another artist, Akiane, independently did her version and it is strikingly similar to my design. Dark hair and skin and green eyes. Slight Asian structure to the face.

I won't clutter this thread with more images, I'll leave that for another future post if anyone is interested.

Overall, the Passion is just an example of how much media can rock the planet of you ever submit it to God. Passion ended up being the highest grossing R-rated movie of all time.
Baz86
recruit
recruit

Postby Clare » Wed May 06, 2015 12:07 am

Baz86 wrote:The film possesses an undeniable amount of purity. So loaded.

Exactly!

I actually want to make Bible comics since I dabble in cartoons. I've had this passion for comic art since I was a kid. I actually ask God to help me get their designs and personalities as accurate as possible since he was around to see them all.

My version of Eve

Another artist, Akiane, independently did her version and it is strikingly similar to my design. Dark hair and skin and green eyes. Slight Asian structure to the face.

I won't clutter this thread with more images, I'll leave that for another future post if anyone is interested.

I love how the skin tone and eye color in both images is so close. You have talent and you should make Bible comics! That'd be cool. Keep at it! Akiane's work is extraordinary and divinely inspired as well. Feel free to post a thread showing more images of yours whenever you can or want. I love seeing the work of other people and I enjoy sketching as well.

Overall, the Passion is just an example of how much media can rock the planet of you ever submit it to God. Passion ended up being the highest grossing R-rated movie of all time.

So true! Yeah that movie had the hand of the Lord on it all across the board for sure.
Last edited by Clare on Wed May 06, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clare

Postby Baz86 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:20 am

Awesome, you sketch? Do you have work posted anywhere?

I was going to start talking about the Noah movie here but I just made another thread for it since there is a lot to say about it on its own.
Baz86
recruit
recruit

Postby Clare » Wed May 06, 2015 12:46 am

Baz86 wrote:Awesome, you sketch? Do you have work posted anywhere?

My favorite things to sketch are Disney characters. I don't have any of my pictures posted anywhere at this time. I may upload them to this one Disney Artwork site though. I need to get back to sketching and keep working at it.

I was going to start talking about the Noah movie here but I just made another thread for it since there is a lot to say about it on its own.

Yeah the Noah movie was a real piece of work lol. I was really looking forward to Exodus but when I finally watched it I was like "Seriously?".
Clare

Postby Baz86 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:08 am

SWEET pic of Simba! I'm partially inspired by Disney because I love how diverse and expressive the faces can be.

I am reminded of Prince of Egypt though that was made by Dreamworks but my did it give the Exodus account some lovely treatment.

Heheh I could make a whole threat just talking about art and animation alone. I hope you continue to perfect your craft :-D
Baz86
recruit
recruit

Postby Clare » Wed May 13, 2015 3:12 am

Baz86 wrote:SWEET pic of Simba! I'm partially inspired by Disney because I love how diverse and expressive the faces can be.

I am reminded of Prince of Egypt though that was made by Dreamworks but my did it give the Exodus account some lovely treatment.

Heheh I could make a whole threat just talking about art and animation alone. I hope you continue to perfect your craft :-D

The old Disney animators were incredible and oh my gosh I love Prince of Egypt! I listen to the soundtrack on spotify haha. Joseph King of Dreams is great too. I hope you continue at art too!
You've got talent! :D
Clare

Postby Clare » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:31 pm

Today is Mel Gibson's birthday! And, he's in the process of making The Resurrection which takes place after The Passion of the Christ. It'll be brilliant.
Clare

Postby Rian » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:59 am

I'm pretty sure the Tugley story is a satire, here, but post if you find some credible sources.
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby Clare » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:14 am

Rian wrote:I'm pretty sure the Tugley story is a satire, here, but post if you find some credible sources.

Ohh okay. I see.
Clare

Return to Christians