Noah Movie

Where Christians can talk among themselves, and about those Godless atheists.

Noah Movie

Postby Baz86 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Did anyone see it?

Baz86
recruit
recruit

Re: Noah Movie

Postby mitchellmckain » Wed May 06, 2015 5:59 am

I have just ordered it from the library, thanks to your reminder.
Out of Skull for the Stars My first book is now available on Amazon.com
mitchellmckain

Affiliation: Christian

Postby mitchellmckain » Wed May 06, 2015 4:20 pm

WOW. VERY INTERESTING interpretation.

I like it.

I am not saying that is what happened. But I think it is a very timely interpretation of the story.

It had me crying like a baby too.
mitchellmckain

Postby Baz86 » Thu May 07, 2015 12:52 am

I saw some clips of it. I literally cracked up at the rock monsters.

ROCK MONSTERS... in Noah.

It just made me think of Never Ending Story (only that's better written). Eitehr that or they belong in Lord of the Rings (friends of yours, Treebeard?) or Final Fantasy.

When I can rent or stream it I'll watch it all the way through so I can say I saw it all. :lol:

From what I read they totally RAPED the story, I gotta verify this for myself!
Baz86
recruit
recruit

Postby mitchellmckain » Thu May 07, 2015 1:26 am

Baz86 wrote:I saw some clips of it. I literally cracked up at the rock monsters.

ROCK MONSTERS... in Noah.

When I can rent or stream it I'll watch it all the way through so I can say I saw it all. :lol:

From what I read they totally RAPED the story, I gotta verify this for myself!

Yes they took considerable liberties with the story according to the requirements for making a successful modern film.

They included the petrified fallen angels for added special effects and they had Tubal-Cain getting on board for a last struggle with the evil guy. But these are actually the trivial changes.

The ecological theme and Noah's determination that this be the end of the human race were the much more profound changes, and these will make you think this is more of a science fiction movie than a Biblical story.

But I don't worship the Bible anymore than I worship The Lord of the Rings. They are stories and the diversity in the way stories are told bring them to life. There will be no few people who will read the Bible because of this to find out what really happened (according to the Bible).

Personally, I don't believe in a global flood or in any of the magic used in the film. One thing it did right was to explore what God meant to say that mankind only thought of evil continuously. Tubal-Cain was particularly well done -- twisting the idea that man was made in God's image in such diabolical way was fabulous!
mitchellmckain

Postby Stacie Cook » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Chiming in on an old post....
I just watched the movie about a month ago. I about died laughing when the rock monsters appeared. It was like a mesh of Transformers and Lord of the Rings.
I just wondered why the movie was called Noah in the first place if so much liberty was taken. I liked the cinematics and such, but thought it should be called something else.
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Postby One16Unashamed » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:11 am

Stacie Cook wrote:Chiming in on an old post....
I just watched the movie about a month ago. I about died laughing when the rock monsters appeared. It was like a mesh of Transformers and Lord of the Rings.
I just wondered why the movie was called Noah in the first place if so much liberty was taken. I liked the cinematics and such, but thought it should be called something else.

The bible is offensive, they couldn't make it without changing the story around. I didn't finish it, turned it off when they got on the boat. It's sad that no one is willing to make an authentic, biblical movie there are so many stories to pull from. The Passion wasn't 100% biblical but it was close enough.

There is a movie about Daniel on Netflix worth watching.
"In God you come up against something which is in every respect immeasurably superior to yourself. Unless you know God as that-and, therefore, know yourself as nothing in comparison-you do not know God." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
One16Unashamed
veteran
veteran

Return to Christians