6 major teachings from Gods son.

Where Christians can talk among themselves, and about those Godless atheists.

Re: 6 major teachings from Gods son.

Postby Aaron » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:16 pm

Moonwood the Hare wrote:You'd think that but it never happens. There are several really good books on the history of Christian eschatology and it is not difficult to spot all the mistaken predictions especially from William Miller onwards but you know what happens with the Jehovah's Witnesses amost exactly parallels what happened with Miller's followers 50 years or so earlier. And it all happens again with the dispensationalists. No one learns.

No, you're right. But we can still take it as confirmation they were wrong:

And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him. - Deut 18

This seems to be a popular one with a guy I work with right now, next prediction is set for this September - economic collapse. We'll see. :-)
http://www.bloodmoonharbinger.com/
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Affiliation: Christian

Postby Moonwood the Hare » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Aaron wrote:
Moonwood the Hare wrote:You'd think that but it never happens. There are several really good books on the history of Christian eschatology and it is not difficult to spot all the mistaken predictions especially from William Miller onwards but you know what happens with the Jehovah's Witnesses amost exactly parallels what happened with Miller's followers 50 years or so earlier. And it all happens again with the dispensationalists. No one learns.

No, you're right. But we can still take it as confirmation they were wrong:

And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him. - Deut 18

This seems to be a popular one with a guy I work with right now, next prediction is set for this September - economic collapse. We'll see. :-)
http://www.bloodmoonharbinger.com/

Can it be pure coincidence that the 4th blood moon on 9/28/2015 is exactly 7 years less one day, since the stock market crashed 777 points, 7 years earlier?

Yes.
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
Moonwood the Hare

Affiliation: Christian - pretty traditional

Postby Aaron » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Moonwood the Hare wrote:Yes.

Lol.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" - C.S. Lewis
Aaron

Postby kjw47 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:42 am

Moonwood the Hare wrote:
kjw47 wrote:The last days are now--they basically started early last century--the conclusion of the war in heaven( first ride white horse)rev 6 see he received his crown)-- this began the presence-- Matt 24:37--1Cor 15:23--2Peter 3:4)

I take you are talking about 1914. It's a tough one to argue for since we are now into at least the third revision of the significance of that date for bible scolars/Jehovah's Witnesses. Do you know the bible scholars were using the slogan 'Millions now living will never die' back in the 1920s?
satan and his angels cast to the earth--he came as a devouring lion, angry, knowing his time is short.

Note the present tense here 'his time is short'
Jesus sat on his throne--Gods kingdom rule over heaven with 0 satan influence( no longer allowed back in to heaven)
satan filled mens hearts with hatred all over the earth--millions slaughtered--after ww1--millions upon millions died from starvation, diseases, etc--the other 3 riders rode. The false religious leaders supported the slaughter.

One of the best kept secrets of the Bible Scholars/Jehovah's Witnesses is that before the outbreak of WW2 the leadership of the movement in the US had tried to do a deal with the Nazi's in Germany pointing that they too were opposed to Judaism; it was only afte this failed that they instructed their members in occupied Europe to resist. None of this takes away from the heroism of individual Bible Scholars but they were not the only Christians to resist the Nazis and the record of the movement is not as pure as its official hiostories imply. In any case finding the events of the apocalypse in one owns time has been a preoccupation throughout Christian history and this is likely to continue as long as people ignore the quite specific time limits set int he New Testament - 'soon' 'this generation' etc.

I know exactly what was taught all throughout. I saw the letters written by Mr. Rutherford. Many mistakes were made in the earlier years.
All throughout the ot--many impurities were found within Gods chosen. They fully apostocised over and over in the ot--when they repented God was with them. There is 0 perfection even in Gods chosen--correction is the important achievement.
Same as in Jesus' day--Gods chosen teachers( scholars of the day) rejected their own Messiah and sent him to his death--refusing to make correction. They refuse to this day--The JW teachers have found many errors and corrected them each time--proving 100% --truth is what they seek.
-- When the silence has broken--
kjw47
resident
resident

Postby Moonwood the Hare » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:53 am

kjw47 wrote:I know exactly what was taught all throughout. I saw the letters written by Mr. Rutherford. Many mistakes were made in the earlier years.
All throughout the ot--many impurities were found within Gods chosen. They fully apostocised over and over in the ot--when they repented God was with them. There is 0 perfection even in Gods chosen--correction is the important achievement.
Same as in Jesus' day--Gods chosen teachers( scholars of the day) rejected their own Messiah and sent him to his death--refusing to make correction. They refuse to this day--The JW teachers have found many errors and corrected them each time--proving 100% --truth is what they seek.

So the mistakes, lies, sins and errors of the JWs prove they are seeking the truth while the mistakes, lies, sins and errors of all other Christian organisations prove they are false teachers; no double standard there.
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
Moonwood the Hare

Postby kjw47 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:43 am

Moonwood the Hare wrote:
kjw47 wrote:I know exactly what was taught all throughout. I saw the letters written by Mr. Rutherford. Many mistakes were made in the earlier years.

So the mistakes, lies, sins and errors of the JWs prove they are seeking the truth while the mistakes, lies, sins and errors of all other Christian organisations prove they are false teachers; no double standard there.

The other religions do not make corrections.
-- When the silence has broken--
kjw47
resident
resident

Postby Moonwood the Hare » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:59 am

kjw47 wrote:The other religions do not make corrections.

At last a religion for the age of Tipp-ex. There's nothing quite like making a virtue out of neccessity.
Moonwood the Hare

Postby mitchellmckain » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:25 pm

Moonwood the Hare wrote:
kjw47 wrote:The other religions do not make corrections.

At last a religion for the age of Tipp-ex. There's nothing quite like making a virtue out of neccessity.

LOL LOL LOL!!!
Out of Skull for the Stars My first book is now available on Amazon.com
mitchellmckain

Postby Aaron » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:59 pm

mitchellmckain wrote:LOL LOL LOL!!!

It was pretty funny, had to look up the reference (Tipp-ex = Wite-Out for those like me).
Aaron

Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:11 pm

Moonwood the Hare wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Moonwood the Hare wrote:I can't prove this of course but I think you will find the last days in question are the last days of Israel, essentially the period from the time of Jesus to the fall of Jerusalem in AD 70.

What is this view called? I'd like to read more about it.

preterist. Check out this http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Days-according-Jesus/dp/080106340X

Just finished the book yesterday. This may sound strange but it was one of the most enjoyable books I've ever read. Very interesting, lots to think about. I have much respect for Sproul after reading the book, he can hold his own and I thought he tried hard to be rigorous and honest which I very very much appreciate. I think there is a lot of merit to the Preterist view were it concerns the destruction of Jerusalem and that being a judgement against Israel, though I think some Preterists take the view too far. I'm looking forward to a reading of Revelation with the ideas of preterism and Revelation being written before Jerusalem was destroyed in mind. How is preterism pronounced anyway? At first I was saying pre-tare-ism, but now I am not sure if it is supposed to be pret-er-ism? Anyway, thanks for the recommendation Moonwood. Good book.
Aaron

Previous

Return to Christians