Open letter to non-believers....

Where Christians can talk among themselves, and about those Godless atheists.

Open letter to non-believers....

Postby Stacie Cook » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:55 am

Saw this in my news feed this morning. I thought it was a good blog and wanted to share....

http://www.geeksundergrace.com/christia ... 8.facebook
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Re: Open letter to non-believers....

Postby Keep The Reason » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:22 pm

Stacie Cook wrote:Saw this in my news feed this morning. I thought it was a good blog and wanted to share....

http://www.geeksundergrace.com/christia ... 8.facebook

To cut some folks off at the pass, I don't advocate for violence, oppression, genocide, war, hatred or intolerance. Instead, I advocate for education, organization, activism, and the democratic process. ~~ KtR
Keep The Reason

Affiliation: Reasonist

Postby Rian » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:25 pm

What do you like about it? Did you like that particular article, or do you just like the blog in general?
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Affiliation: Christian/truth-seeker

Postby Stacie Cook » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 am

I think it resonated with me because the writer talks about his journey to coming to Christ. Somewhat similar to mine. I went to church for a while but didn't care. Eventually I was able to see what was missing in my life and receive Christ.
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Postby Chapabel » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:26 am

Very good article. People just don't see the difference in religion and relationship. An old preacher in our church said "Religion is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do , but it won't take you anywhere."

If non-believers would just take that first step by faith, then God will show them the truth.
To be right with God has often meant to be in trouble with men. -- A.W. Tozer
Chapabel

Affiliation: Baptist

Postby Silence » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Okay, I am really sorry if I'm breaking a rule here, I couldnt figure out if this part of the forum was ONLY for christians or not, but I felt the need to respond to that letter. The text itself is fairly standard, nothing I havent heard before, but then I saw an answer to a comment he posted, and this was part of it:

"I am not asking you to believe the bible, nor my point of view, worldview or convert you. I am talking to you about Jesus Christ who is the Son of God, who resurrected and is sitting at the throne of God. He is alive, not dead. Theres no denying that Christ walked the Earth, rose again and His body is no longer here."

...did I miss some sort of factual confirmation that Jesus not only existed just like he's commonly thought of, but also rose from the dead and ascended to heaven? Because this guy seems to view the resurrection as a confirmed fact, and everything besides that just being a matter of semantics.
Silence
recruit
recruit

Postby Stacie Cook » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:24 pm

It is a blog, written by a believer, so yes, he likely views resurrection as a confirmed fact.
Stacie Cook

Postby Silence » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:26 pm

I get that HE does, but it isnt a confirmed fact to everyone else. That line of reasoning treats non-belivers like they're just being wilfullly obstinate in the face of overwhelming factual evidence. There's barely any evidence that Jesus was real in the first place, much less that he came back from the dead.
Silence
recruit
recruit

Postby Stacie Cook » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:38 pm

Well, that is certainly a topic for a lengthy discussion, eh? - Jesus being real and/or coming back from dead.
Stacie Cook

Postby Silence » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:43 pm

Not really, he either did or he didnt. Neither argument can be conclusively proven without definitive confirmation of his existance, which we dont have, and probably never will. We'd just argue in circles.
Silence
recruit
recruit

Postby Rian » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Hey Silence (are you a Dr. Who fan?) yes, the Christian forum is for Christians only, and the atheist forum is for atheists only. The unspoken rule is that the occasional visit from an opposite-side member is OK, but only if they are gracious about it and don't argue and keep it to one or two posts. That's kind of the point for these forums - it's for skipping the arguing part and being able to go deeper into topics with others that are like-minded.
"Aurë entuluva! Auta i lómë!" ("Day shall come again! The night is passing!") -- from JRR Tolkien's The Silmarillion

Christianity is the red pill - go for it! Seek the truth, wherever it leads you.
Rian

Postby Silence » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Oh, sorry, I'll stay over there from now on
Silence
recruit
recruit

Postby Rian » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:29 pm

no problem :thumb:

Rian

Return to Christians