YouVersion Bible App Translation... Lol

Where Christians can talk among themselves, and about those Godless atheists.

YouVersion Bible App Translation... Lol

Postby Stacie Cook » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:11 pm

Oh my....
If you have the YouVersion Bible App- Check out the translation in the language of Hawaii Pidgin...

““God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭HWCNT‬‬
http://bible.com/76/jhn.3.16.hwcnt
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Affiliation: Hypocritical Christian

Re: YouVersion Bible App Translation... Lol

Postby Stacie Cook » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:22 pm

I meant to put in general discussion. I don't mind everyone commenting on this...
If you want to meet God... then the cross is the place to which you go. - Alistair Begg
Stacie Cook

Postby Stacie Cook » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:53 pm

I guess ain't nobody got time fo dat.....
Stacie Cook

Postby fauxaviator » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:44 pm

I would like to reply, Stacie. It is a very interesting language, and even a bit funny. So I don't mean to get too serious with it.

Just let me say, this is a good example of translation in another language versus a full re-interpretation. I believe there is a difference. For example, in John 1:1 we read "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." In the watchtower bible (Jehova's Witness), we read, "In the beginning, was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the word was "a" god." Of course this re-written version from the Watchtower Group completely denies Jesus as being God. It doesn't take much to pervert the bible.

With that said, I believe every attempt has been made to translate the bible in as many languages as possible, as accurately as possible. So I honestly don't where this could be especially harmful-- difficult, yes, harmful, no.

But there are some purists among us who feel that "their" translation is the only one that is the "correct" one. A good example of this is the King James Version. Some believe the KJV bible should be the only one read. They especially have a distaste for new modern translations such as the NIV and NET. But I prefer to think of these as just translations. Yes, there are some problems, but these problems go back to trying to translate Hebrew or Greek into an English dialect. Translating is difficult work.

But I have faith that scholars have been able to get the point of the Gospels across in all languages, even Arabic! And to me, that's all that matters.
fauxaviator
resident
resident

Affiliation: Disciple of Christ

Return to Christians